Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-17-20, 04:53 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I think I asked this question awhile back in another thread but since she has so many more dvds now I'll ask again. I like total body workouts over separate body part workouts and she seems to have more parts dvds. Also she spends wayyyy too much time for my tastes on each body part.

Can anyone recommend any of her dvds that are total body and don't spend so long on each body part? TIA
Hi summer breeze I would recommend Linda's Precision Training and Overload Training series (they are both part of this set, although I don't have Functional Training: https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Bar...DVD-p/1173.htm). They are structured kind of like barre workouts in that they spend about 15 minutes each on upper body, abs, thighs, and seat (so overall slightly more emphasis on lower body). She still reps you out which I love about her, without being over the top.

I have been working through her Triple Burn series and they also have a total body feel, but I will say the upper body is split up in these and usually only focuses on 2-3 muscle groups. For instance in one workout she will work biceps and back to fatigue, and the next workout will work triceps and shoulders to fatigue, etc. Sometimes I just change up the exercises on my own to make it more well rounded.

I have also used her Target 10, 15, and 20 series (which are all free on youtube) to string together many workouts and make a full body routine.

Her very popular Endurance/Tonique style workouts are total body, but like Tonique there tends to be more emphasis on lower body than abs and upper.
Old 05-18-20, 08:26 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Ebianco, thank you so much! I think you helped me a lot in the other thread too and I did take notes but it's been awhile. I will look into your suggestions. I appreciate your help
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-20, 03:12 PM  
Fitstick

I enjoy Linda’s total body workouts more than her parts workouts. I like her Fitmas series, double and triple burn as well as her metabolic workouts (some of these are free on YouTube). I recently purchased Linda’s shape, tighten and burn 3 dvd box set. It arrived with the case broken and a dvd scratched. If you are interested in it, please send me a PM. All I need is for you to send me a self addressed stamped envelope and I would be happy to mail it to you.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barlates, linda wooldridge, youtube instructors