Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-14, 08:27 PM  
holliholli915

TA: Meta or Mat?

I'm about to re-embark on a TA rotation. About a year ago, I was a die hard TA fan completing 3 - 4 Meta days each week along with DB and Tonique. Before adding DB and Tonique, I lost roughly 35 pounds with Meta. But, then I stopped and now want to start up again. I'm not sure I can make it through Meta again -- I feel I may have to work back up to it and am considering starting with Mat. But, I'm curious to know: is it better to power through 30 minutes of Meta MS or is Mat easier even though it's a full hour.

Based upon what I've read on the board, everyone ranks Mat easier than Meta. I don't think I've seen one person say Meta was easier. But, I'm trying to understand how this can be since Mat is longer. Why is Mat considered easier if considering that it's double the time? Would greatly appreciate any and all feedback.
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 11:34 PM  
cpcathy

Meta is a killer, especially if you're not superfit. I had to cut down the number of reps from 40 to about 20 or 25. When I've done Mat, I've broken it up into two half hours, and alternate days. It really is a nice workout, the music is cool and I feel good afterwards.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-14, 05:12 AM  
PhyllisG

Mat is definitely easier and I admit I like it the most. Meta is tough due to the number and speed of the reps. Being on all fours and working at various angles also makes Meta harder. Why not get Presicion toning and try doing that along with Mat. There is also the Perfect Design series. I completed Meta Omni and have Meta Abs waiting in the wings for me to get up the courage to do it.
PhyllisG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 10:23 PM  
holliholli915

Thanks for the replies! I did Mat and love it! Even though it's 55 minutes, the time flies...except that arm segment. That part is definitely tougher than Meta. Overall, the workout is still tough and definitely one of her best ones. Now, I understand why people always go back to this one.
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metamorphosis, tracy anderson, tracy anderson mat