Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-24-14, 12:03 PM  
marmact

I love the shadow boxing in #1 and use that chapter more than anything else in her workouts. (I have the first three but really want #4. Waiting on a someday-sale.)
Old 06-25-14, 04:32 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Another vote for #4. I do the premix where Susan alternates the boxing combos with the kb combos, & I really like it. It's easy to make it intense, it's easy to follow, & I really like the abs section, too.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-14, 05:46 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

I used to like the shadow boxing in #1. I did it quite a bit. I didn't care for DVD's #2 or #3 (never tried #4). But then I tried the boxing premix in KCM's Trim Down and haven't gone back to Susan Chung at all.
Old 06-26-14, 01:38 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-lara View Post
I used to like the shadow boxing in #1. I did it quite a bit. I didn't care for DVD's #2 or #3 (never tried #4). But then I tried the boxing premix in KCM's Trim Down and haven't gone back to Susan Chung at all.
I love that KCM premix, too. Several of her other DVDs have boxing/KB premixes that are superb, and TLC is one of my favorite workouts.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-14, 09:43 AM  
Rhonda

I did Susan Chung #4 this morning and did not feel the love for it. I was thinking the whole time I should have went with KCM.

Next time KCM will win out.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-14, 10:23 AM  
Vee

I have #1 and #2. I like them both, perhaps 2 just a bit more.

I use KCM, Cathe more and Chalene the most if I want to do kick boxing, but Susan is in the same league. I should do her workouts more often.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-14, 10:28 AM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
I love that KCM premix, too. Several of her other DVDs have boxing/KB premixes that are superb, and TLC is one of my favorite workouts.
I do the boxing premix from Trim Down frequently, also. Cathe's MMA Boxing is also really good (you can easily skip the cardio chapters). I wish more instructors would do boxing-only workouts! I really prefer boxing to kickboxing. It's killer for the arms and shoulders, especially with gloves.

Back on topic, does Susan's #4 include a boxing-only section?
Old 06-26-14, 10:41 AM  
Chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmact View Post
I do the boxing premix from Trim Down frequently, also. Cathe's MMA Boxing is also really good (you can easily skip the cardio chapters). I wish more instructors would do boxing-only workouts! I really prefer boxing to kickboxing. It's killer for the arms and shoulders, especially with gloves.

Back on topic, does Susan's #4 include a boxing-only section?
There are 3 kickboxing combos and 3 boxing combos, and there is a "blast" in between every combo. I think the boxing combos have a little footwork, so you're not just standing still throwing punches.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kickboxing, rapid fire, susan chung