Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-24-12, 08:30 PM  
JEWEL659

TTapp

Teresa was just on the public broadcasting channel discussing how her method helps to balance hormones.
Old 06-25-12, 07:04 AM  
BalletCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEWEL659 View Post
Teresa was just on the public broadcasting channel discussing how her method helps to balance hormones.
I do t-tapp fairly often and find it helps with hormonal issues (PMS and water retention). I'm not really sure why, perhaps it has something to do with how the t-tapp exercises stimulate lymphatic flow? I have found the yoga has a similar effect, but I in my experience t-tapp achieves this with a shorter workout.
BalletCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-12, 07:30 AM  
Kesal

I can believe it. I've been tracking my cycle at monthlyinfo.com for going on 5 years. About 2 years ago, I started doing T-Tapp. If I showed you the graph of my periods, you'd be able to pinpoint when my cycle stopped swinging wildly between 20 and 40 days and settled down to more like 27-29 days. That's about a month after I started T-Tapp.

Obviously, that's just anecdotal, and it could be a coincidence, but it's good enough for me. Can't say that it's changed my PMS per se, but since my PMS is worse when my cycle is longer, I'm at least not getting those 5 week extremes.
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hormones, ttapp