Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-06-21, 08:20 AM  
buffmama

EPIC II Day 22 Leg Complexes. Wow. Just wow. Shaking legs. I used my 20lbs, did the floor work unweighted since I have trouble with the hamstring march/llft and dropped to 15lbs for the finisher to protect my back. Happily my form was good with those. I found I was cheating the staggered squats at one point. Now I know what to watch out for. I can really see myself repeating this program. I'm thinking that cycling through all the EPICs might be like periodization.

bex - I'm impressed on how well you've rehabbed your shoulders. Great job.

IceQueen07 - I think Heather's workouts are effective at building total body strength. I didn't look at the calendar mailed (and can't find it) but what's already posted has lots of splits coming up. Now that you have me thinking about it I am going to do her Dec calendar since work usually gets busy then.
Old 05-06-21, 08:48 PM  
bex

Last night I felt up for something new so I broke open the seal on Cathe LITE and did Pyramid Pump Lower Body + 6 Pack Abs #1.

This was a breakthrough for me - it's the first time I've ever done Cathe and completely matched her, weight for weight, rep for rep. I might have even gone deeper into the moves than she did, which made it really metabolic. I kept having to pause between sets to drink water and wipe the sweat away.

I feel like after Caroline, I could even have gone heavier, but my hands were struggling as it was. That's my limiting factor right now.

So hooray for me! And renewed respect to the Catheletes, because I know this is one of her intermediate workouts. Matching weights with Cathe's 'regular' workouts must be like matching Caroline. I admire people who can do it but I don't think I'll ever get that strong.

buffmama, Thanks but I don't think I did that much - other than just allow it to rest. It's still a bit twinge-y, not 100% so I'll have to check my ego when I do go back to Caroline.

But that's the thing with exercising as we age. We just learn to work around the limitations, and keep showing up. That's why I love VF.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 04:26 AM  
IceQueen07

Today was a new no equipment leg workout from Heather. I always think that no equipment means easy. This one was far from easy, 30 minutes of non-stop leg/glute work, no rests between exercises. This one had my legs screaming. And just because I am a glutton for punishment, I added KCM's Glute Finisher with a band. Walking normal later on should be interesting

BEX Great job on the workout. I have that Cathe dvd but I think I have only done once when I first got. I may have to revisit that one.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 05:07 AM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
This one had my legs screaming. And just because I am a glutton for punishment, I added KCM's Glute Finisher with a band. Walking normal later on should be interesting
This made me laugh, especially because I'm a walking a little stiffly today.

I found Pyramid Pump really fun but you have to be up for the high number of reps.

And dare I say it - 6 Pack Abs wasn't as tough as the ones from Caroline or Heather I've been doing lately.
Old 05-07-21, 07:18 AM  
buffmama

EPIC II Day 23 Back - rows and pull overs. Oh my. That seems to be my near constant refrain for the weight work. Next time through I would skip the bi and tri day.
Old 05-07-21, 08:08 PM  
bex

Last night I was really tired, but managed to talk myself onto the mat for a half hour of yoga. I chose Tracy’s Eliot’s Yin Yoga Paradise. It was very calming and meditative, which matched what I needed. I’d reach for this again if I need that kind of practice.
Old 05-08-21, 05:06 AM  
IceQueen07

Today I am taking a rest day, maybe will do some stretching later, just one of those days that you just "feel" you need to just rest.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-21, 03:04 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
Last night I felt up for something new so I broke open the seal on Cathe LITE and did Pyramid Pump Lower Body + 6 Pack Abs #1.

This was a breakthrough for me - it's the first time I've ever done Cathe and completely matched her, weight for weight, rep for rep. I might have even gone deeper into the moves than she did, which made it really metabolic. I kept having to pause between sets to drink water and wipe the sweat away.

I feel like after Caroline, I could even have gone heavier, but my hands were struggling as it was. That's my limiting factor right now.

So hooray for me! And renewed respect to the Catheletes, because I know this is one of her intermediate workouts. Matching weights with Cathe's 'regular' workouts must be like matching Caroline. I admire people who can do it but I don't think I'll ever get that strong.
YAY BEX!!! FWIW, I don't always match Cathe's weights, simply because either I can't or I don't have them. 20 lbs is the heaviest weight I have, so with Cathe's heavier workouts (when she's lifting heavy) I just lift as heavy as I can. This can be a tough workout, so yay you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
Last night I was really tired, but managed to talk myself onto the mat for a half hour of yoga. I chose Tracy’s Eliot’s Yin Yoga Paradise. It was very calming and meditative, which matched what I needed. I’d reach for this again if I need that kind of practice.
I ALMOST did this practice today! Did you like it? Well, I guess you kinda answered that with your post...good for a really tired day.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-21, 12:14 AM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
I ALMOST did this practice today! Did you like it? Well, I guess you kinda answered that with your post...good for a really tired day.
It was good for relaxing but not really much from a physical standpoint. I’m still looking for things similar to the yin practice on yoga 30for30. Lauren Eckstrom’s channel has a new 20 min flow that I want to try, but somehow having decided I wanted a 30 min practice I was being OCD about it couldn’t be shorter.

IceQueen, good for you for listening to your body and taking the rest you needed.
Old 05-09-21, 08:08 AM  
buffmama

EPIC II Day 25 1 hour full body cardio complexes. My arms, my legs, oh my. Apparently this never gets easier. I used 15lbs.

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle