Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-07-21, 02:14 PM  
unfetteredpast

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
That very thing happened to me - it freaked me out and I went to the eye dr twice in two weeks. The thing is, in some cases that vitreous detachment can cause your retina to tear or detach. Since you were checked out and no evidence of that was found, you are fine. But, it is always good to go to have any changes in your vision checked out.

Donna
I hope your eye is okay! My doctor told me to call if there was any change, and I'll get rechecked at the 6 week point. In the meantime, I am learning to adapt to these $%^@## floaters. They're pretty annoying!

Last edited by unfetteredpast; 05-10-21 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Still learning to spell
unfetteredpast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 02:46 PM  
donnamp

This happened to me years ago, so I'm good. It is good you are getting checked out again in 6 weeks, that is what my Dr. did as well.

Yes, the new floaters are very annoying. For the most part mine have either settled down or I have gotten used to them. So, it will get better.

All in all, much better than a detached retina.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-21, 12:08 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

From today's Monday newsletter:

Quote:
Thank You, Everyone!

Thank you so much for your well wishes, virtual hugs, and healing prayers. I am overwhelmed by your outpouring of love and support. I may not be able to “see you” very well right now, but I can certainly feel your healing energy and it means more to me than you know.

I’m feeling okay overall. Recovery is slow, but as we all know, healing is a process and has to be taken day by day. I’ve been cleared to stand up and move around now and boy does that feel great!!! I’m still not allowed to work out at this time and have to be cautious as my vision and depth perception still have a long way to go before anything will feel normal. So I’m keeping it low-key, following doctor’s orders, and getting plenty of recovery rest and reflection.

I hope all of you are steadily pushing through your fitness routines with energy in your muscles and joy in your hearts! I can’t wait until the day that I can join you once again! Stay strong, Cathletes!

Love and hugs,

Cathe
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-21, 04:06 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Wow, that is so scary. I am glad Cathe got it checked in time. It is good to see her smiling face after going through all that. I am sending good wishes her way to a speedy, relaxing recovery.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe injury, retina