Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-23, 06:22 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I had a fall.

On Tuesday evening I was in the garage reaching for my stability ball (of all things) in the rafters. Somehow I lost my balance and fell sideways and landed on my right side. I hurt my right hip, my right shoulder and upper arm, and I hit my forehead on the garage floor.

The bad thing is we had a storm on Wednesday so I didn't see the doc until Thursday. They X-rayed everything because I have osteopenia, but nothing was broken. However I have some nasty bruises in those places, and I just feel sore all over.

I was in the middle of a weight lifting rotation but I guess exercise is out for now. I will be going to physical therapy in the coming weeks.
Old 02-17-23, 06:29 PM  
dnna

Bad news indeed BUT nothing broken is such a relief to hear.
that is so terrifing isn't it/ Since my disastorious fall I am so careful and actually fearful of falling again.
I hope you do well in Pt and arnica is your new best friend -look for Arnicare roll on or gel on Amazon - it is really very helpful for those bruises and sore muscles.

I am so sorry this happened to you and I am sending good healing vibes.

donna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-23, 06:32 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry to hear that Jane! I'm sure you're in a considerable amount of pain, but glad you made it to the doctor to get things checked out! It's good you didn't have a concussion or break anything.

Exercise will always be there...when you're ready for it again. The important thing is getting well and taking it easy. I hope you're still able to get around okay? Maybe you can have groceries delivered until you're feeling well enough to go out and depending on the weather.

Glad you're only bruised. Will be thinking and praying for you!

Also, for any joint or muscle pain I use Penetrex cream (from Amazon.) I also use it for my PF, too!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-23, 06:40 PM  
Erica H.

That's awful and scary. So glad nothing is broken. Don't worry about exercise for now and focus on recovering from this. Muscle memory is a wonderful thing and you'll be back to where you were quickly. I'm sorry that happened.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-23, 06:52 PM  
OSusanna

I am so sorry to hear about that Jane! I sincerely hope that this isn’t much of a setback for you.

The last time I was at the physical therapist. I had long conversations with them about the workouts that I do on video. perhaps while you’re rehabbing, you might make a note on whether the moves in PT are replicated from some of your videos in case you like the move or find it beneficial. For example, a lot of floor work exercises in my videos I was also doing in physical therapy.

I hope you heal quickly.
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-23, 06:54 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I was standing on a small stepstool trimming bushes in my backyard last spring. I barely had enough room to get both feet on it and it was very lightweight. Before I knew it, I'd reached out to try to get this branch and had fallen off the thing! It is scary (when you fall) but I was lucky. All I had was a sore foot on the side that I'd fallen onto and a couple bruises on that leg. But you feel embarrassed and the first thing I did was look around to see if anyone saw me fall. It could have been much worse, thank God!

The nice thing about PT is someone will take care of you and give you their undivided attention. The guy I saw for my frozen shoulder was kinda cute and young, lol. I looked forward to going each week!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-23, 07:20 PM  
gladgirl

Jane, hope you feel better soon.
Falls are nasty. Sorry you are going through all the soreness, bruising and pain.
Glad you made it to the doctor and flound nothing broken.
Sending prayers your way for a complete and speeding recovery.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-23, 09:00 PM  
Karla25

{{hugs}} What a frightening experience! I hope you feel better soon
Old 02-17-23, 09:10 PM  
fatkat555

Goodness! You are lucky no broken bones!

I hope you feel better soon!

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-23, 11:23 PM  
fanofladyvols

Jane, I'm so sorry!
I'm relieved you don't have any broken bones.

Hang in there!! Hugs 🤗🤗

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote