Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-24, 07:49 PM  
lynnf

Lauren Brooks Shut up and train 5.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-24, 08:35 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Our new appliances were delivered today and plumber was here. Tomorrow an installer will be here. It's funny, the fancy refrigerator doesn't even come with an owners manual. I've got to print one from online myself. Crazy No workout to report for me. Tomorrow I have a mammogram and eye appointment. DH will stay at the house with the installer.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-24, 08:24 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

The appliance work was completed today. I also had a mammogram and an eye appointment today. Mammogram was normal and no need for glasses at this time. I was also able to go for a long walk after everything was over with.

Check-In: Long outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-28-24, 09:01 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes plus 15 minute stretch.

Diana, it's weird that you now have to get all the manuals on the net. Congrats on the new appliances and normal mammo results. That's always a relief. Plus no glasses -- that's great. I have to wear contacts AND reading glasses.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-24, 11:17 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Diana, glad your mammogram was good. The refrigerator we bought however many years ago is so big we had to take the front door off the hinges to get the refrigerator into the house.

I need to get my cataracts removed this year. Not sure how that fits into my plan for my shoulder and wrist surgeries. My eye appointment is week after next. I'll have to tell the doctor he's at the end of the line.

No workout for me. The shoulder pain is so bad lately I can't think straight. I need to use Cubii for cardio tomorrow no matter what.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-24, 11:32 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

I am such a practical person! We needed new appliances and I know that. The ones we had were 30+ years old and the oven had stopped working. Everyone I know went on and on about how much I would like the new appliances, etc. The positive about the new range is that the oven works. Everyone said it would cook quicker, etc. I used the air fry feature and it cooked the chicken drumsticks in the same amount of time as the old oven, when it worked, LOL. Everyone said the new refrigerator/freezer was more cubic feet (or whatever that is) and would hold more. I totally disagree. DH can get ice and water in the door so he's happy. For me, they work and serve their purpose, but totally not worth the money, LOL. I'm way to practical. My friend called me this morning and was all excited to hear how well I liked them. I think she was really disappointed in my reaction. She likes new stuff like that. She said you will save money on electricity because they are more efficient. I told her that it would probably take two lifetimes of the energy saving to recoup the price of the new appliances, LOL. I'm way too practical and not fun. LOL

Linda Is one of the implantable pain devices an option for you?

Steps from yesterday: 8,785

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-29-24, 09:22 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

No workout to report

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-29-24, 09:31 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Diana, appliances need to do their job and that's it. Melvin bought me a new microwave when mine stopped working. He asked how I like it. Its a microwave and it works. I don't ask doctors about pain relief. All they know are opioids and I'd rather suffer than take them. I don't know anything about implantable devices. I took 2 tylenol and ate a cbd gummy. I'd use ice but I've been cold all day. Four more weeks til surgery I think.

I played with Julia the cat. She gives me lots of exercise.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-24, 09:41 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Linda, my SIL, who is not interested in taking pain-relief drugs, has an implanted pain relief device and it works for her. I don't know the details.

I've been dealing with bad sinuses all week. I got the earliest ENT appointment I could; it's next Wednesday. I've been using the neti pot, salt spray, steaming with hot water and drops of eucalyptus oil etc. I had a solo tonight, He Was Despised from Handel's Messiah and it went well. I managed not to cough, sneeze, or blow my nose for the entire church service. I am glad that I do not have an Easter solo. No exercise to report since sinus problems sap my energy.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-24, 11:02 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

I am familiar with 2 different types of implantable devices. One of them is a neurotransmitter type thing. Actual name may not be completely correct. That one is for nerve type pain, I think. Then there is the pain pump. It will release pain meds an a regular basis and needs to be refilled periodically. I know people who have these devices and it helps them without having to take additional oral medications and or stronger opioid type medications.

Steps from yesterday: 5,155

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana