Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-21, 01:34 PM  
lynnf

Yes, the torture has proved not helpful. Today my shoulder was really sore and regular activities really hurt, which has not been the case before. I emailed my therapist, who said he was sorry to hear this and we are going to have to change the situation. Obviously this was way too aggressive a treatment.

I did get through barre 3 today. The PT therapist said to keep doing the stretches but keep them light, so I'm doing that. Barre 3 is adding more serious weight training, which is scheduled for tomorrow. Not sure about doing that.

Diana, hope the tropical weather isn't too severe for you.

Cynthia, your friend is lucky to get one of your great hats!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 01:56 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, I hope your PT means it and things improve. And for my friend I made a hat just like your Germany one. That design is fun to knit and very quick.

I couldn't bring myself to swim today, it's 61*.

Off to do errands, back later.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 06:02 PM  
seabliss

Saying hello from Portugal! We are so happy to be here, in Porto, the second largest city (after Lisbon). It is fall weather here to me, probably like Cynthia's weather. Cool at night, and low 70s and breezy in the day. It's so lovely and quintessentially Europe. DD did not want to move here, and she is in love with Portugal now and would not want to be anywhere else. Porto is full of hills, like San Francisco. Many, many old cobbled (tiled) streets with interesting shops, cafes, restaurants, bakeries--many of the streets are shut off for pedestrians only. Musicians are often performing in the streets, and there are cathedrals, statues, castles, little parks, and we are on the Douro River and the Atlantic Ocean. On the terrace in our little flat, we can hear the sounds of the street below (pretty quiet street), including the cafe down the street, but we have privacy because the branches of trees are in front of us. Above us, seagulls chase each other. When we close the glass terrace door and the windows, the flat is basically soundproof. And they have these wonderful metal shutters that you control inside the window, that close outside and block out the light so you can sleep as late as you need.

I think if I can stay on toning my upper body, my lower body will stay in shape from all the steps, stairs, and hills. It is 47 steps up to our flat from the street below alone. Also I will probably do some yoga. Still trying to recover from jet lag at this point. I think I am down 6 pounds based on the kilogram scale in the flat.That was from all the moving and the strenuous transition over here. So a good starting point.

Lynn, I am sorry about your painful PT! That's what they said I needed--painful to push the frozen shoulder apart. My sister is mailing you the shoulder dvd. That might help. I don't have all the flexibility in my shoulder that I should, so maybe PT would have helped. Maybe a lot of stretching after the muscles are warmed up would be just as good, though.

Linda, I hope you can get relief! That sounds terrible.

Diana, your picnic sounds nice!

Cynthia, 61 is very cool for swimming! The water is cold here. I will probably only go swimming if we are traveling south.
Old 07-07-21, 07:32 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, just saw the video you posted on FB -- wow!
So glad you got there safely.
Old 07-07-21, 09:24 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

My friend's FIL passed away. I wanted to do something different for her DH. I didn't want to send flowers or a plant to him. He likes gardening (vegetable) so I decided to make 2 herb gardens, one for her and one for him. I worked on that today. Then I went to church so I didn't have time to do an additional workout.

Cheryl I can't believe you are already there! When you make your mind up, you get it done! Congratulations!

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-21, 09:00 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 7,167
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-08-21, 07:32 PM  
lynnf

Barre 3 30 minutes -- their new one, which is pretty straight strength training with heavy weights. Not bad. Also went to PT and had a talk with the therapist and we agreed on more communication and less aggressive stretching. Today we just did lighter manipulation since I still have more pain from the last time. I'm keeping going, just once a week now.

Cheryl, so glad to hear from you and sounds like everything is lovely in your new home. You are definitely going to get steps in just in everyday life. That always seems to happen in Europe. You don't have a car, do you? That in itself makes a huge life style difference. I am so glad that you found yourself in such a wonderful situation and DD is happy and that you are starting out so well with your new life.

Diana, sorry to hear about your friends FIL. That sounds like such a lovely gesture and gardening is plenty of exercise for sure.

Cynthia, that Germany hat pattern is a winner. My favorite hat by far. I bought a hat from one of the students at school who was making and selling hats and is a single mom, so I wanted to help her out. Unfortunately DH laughed the few times I wore it because it is not the most flattering hat. So I only wear your hat now, which does not result in any amusement from the onlookers.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-21, 08:01 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, you are such a kind and creative person. I am sure your friends will cherish the herb gardens.

I have felt so "off" lately I was starting to wonder if I was depressed. I didn't exercise for 2 days, didn't feel up to it, except for walking my errands yesterday. Felt better today and did Brett day 8. It is only 20 minutes, but meaningful. I think that I just shouldn't do as much as I had been doing, and will alternate swimming and Brett, and reduce the KB swings to 50.

Cheryl, the flat sounds lovely. Let us know what the local food is like, and if you count your steps

Lynn, does that single mom knit or crochet? Although that hat pattern is originally from the Lion Brand website, I made some simple improvements to it. I'd be glad to write out the directions if anyone wants it.
Old 07-08-21, 09:03 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Yes, I'm glad I did the herb gardens. It seemed like it would be a better fit for him. He also cooks a lot. I took them over to them today.

We fared off well from the tropical storm that came through last night. No damage but we got 4 1/2 inches of rain.

Cynthia I'm so glad you are feeling better. Maybe you were just overexerting a bit.

Lynn Hang in there. Hopefully you will start to feel better soon.

Check-In: 1 hour outdoor walk and CS 823 Stretch and Strengthen Lower Body

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-09-21, 08:49 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Steps for yesterday: 10,128
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana