Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-31-21, 11:57 AM  
psupam

I prefer working out at home but I do go to the gym for Zumba classes and sometimes to use the indoor walking track. I do walk outside when I can.
psupam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-21, 12:39 PM  
warriorprincess

Congrats Moonbeam31! I love my workout room too. It is my sanctuary, and I remember how much fun it was to decorate it and set it up perfectly

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 09:16 PM  
DCW

I think I am enjoying working out at home more now that i am adding more variety to working out.

I am going to vary the places I walk when I am back at work. I discovered another trail to bike and walk near home. Fall is in full swing so the weekends I am on leaf raking duty so my stretch and relief DVDs will get used more at home after a day of raking.

I am glad all the toys I have accumulated over the years made it possible to workout solely at home.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 09:31 PM  
fatkat555

Short answer to original question: no. I love being able to just pop on a workout and get it done, no driving to or from. I love working out in not-so-pretty workout wear and nobody caring. I love working out to a complete flop sweat and nobody gets grossed out. I can breathe loudly, grunt, and curse (very colorful language) and nobody gets offended. Nope, I’ll always exercise at home. I briefly did attend Bar Method with their great instruction and actually taught barre, but I love my home workouts.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 05:32 PM  
SFR
VF Supporter

My husband wants to try walking/jogging on an indoor track at the rec center now that it's getting colder. He really wants me to do it with him.

I need to support him because his willingness to do any exercise is a miracle.

But I got my vaccine back in January and I'm not eligible for a booster, so I don't want to exercise indoors. And what a hassle to go somewhere else - especially in the winter.

Some people in this thread feel like they push themselves harder in public which is good for them. But that's part of why I like exercising at home. No pressure so that I don't get hurt.
Old 11-10-21, 07:58 AM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
Yes. In fact, I just signed up for a membership with Planet Fitness yesterday because I want to work on strength but can’t get into any of my dumbbell workouts and want to use the machines. I have a rebounder that I love and do yoga at home. If I use the weight machines 2x/week, it’s worth the cheap fee. I have an appointment with a trainer today to set up a workout plan and my beginning weight levels.
I am coming back to say that I changed my mind. I’m going on two weeks of a membership, and I don’t think I’m going to keep it. Maybe it’s what I needed to remind myself what works best for me.
Old 11-10-21, 01:36 PM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post
Congrats Moonbeam31! I love my workout room too. It is my sanctuary, and I remember how much fun it was to decorate it and set it up perfectly
Thanks! It really is mine too!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-21, 01:42 PM  
OSusanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFR View Post

Some people in this thread feel like they push themselves harder in public which is good for them. But that's part of why I like exercising at home. No pressure so that I don't get hurt.
This x100. I get more fit at a better pace for me and I’m not embarrassed by my modifications and the reason why I need them. That’s me though and where I am in this journey. I’m a chronic restarter with exercise and I have always been more consistent after restarting at home.
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 06:30 AM  
Carol K

It's not a matter of getting tired; I can't imagine working out anywhere else. It just wouldn't happen.
Old 11-11-21, 11:56 AM  
prettyinpink

Seeing these posts about dedicated workout rooms makes me realize that not having a separate room is part of my wanting to go somewhere else for some of my exercise. I am probably not going to have a workout room with all the space and equipment I would like until my kids are grown, even though having kids at home is part of why I work out at home in the first place.

On the other hand, being able to regularly see the equipment I do have, since I don’t have a dedicated room, is a regular reminder to get the workouts in.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boredom, home vs gym, motivation