Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-09-22, 05:13 PM  
wendug

DC Fitt- Full Body Strength & Cardio Circuits

I'm really enjoying Deanna's workouts. I'm still able to get some weight work in, but with added cardio. I don't know how she is able to talk through the entire workout, though. She's tough!
Old 05-09-22, 07:14 PM  
jetlitis

The Firm Burn & Shape (30m)

(I started feeling nauseous at the 28 minute mark and had to stop and sit -- not due to the workout. I was unusually tired this morning, so I'm not sure if I'm coming down with something. )
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-22, 07:13 PM  
wendug

jetlitis- I hope you're feeling better!

No official workout today other than yardwork. I planted flowers and mowed the yard. It hit 90 degrees today and I was sweating like crazy. Just last week I was wearing my winter coat at night to let the dogs out. It's quite a HUGE shift in temps in a week's time!
Old 05-10-22, 07:47 PM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
DC Fitt- Full Body Strength & Cardio Circuits

I'm really enjoying Deanna's workouts. I'm still able to get some weight work in, but with added cardio. I don't know how she is able to talk through the entire workout, though. She's tough!
I tried one of her workouts today because of this post and loved it! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-22, 09:50 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
I tried one of her workouts today because of this post and loved it! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!
Fantastic! She doesn't have the fancy set up or studio space as a lot of YT instructors, but her workouts are solid.
Old 05-11-22, 05:24 PM  
gigi

I just finished Heather Robertson's Fierce Day 9: Unilateral Leg Workout. This is a tough little nugget. I used 15's, 20's and 25's. I used a 45lb. KB for hip thrusts but instead of doing one leg, I left both feet on the floor and put the KB on the side being worked. I found it very efficient. Next time I will start on the left leg. This is one of my favorite lower body workouts and it gets the bum as well.
Old 05-11-22, 06:23 PM  
jetlitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
jetlitis- I hope you're feeling better!
Thanks Wendy! I am feeling better. Today, I managed to do these workouts:

Tracie Long: Kickback (30m)
Jessica Smith Walk On: Belly Blaster (15m)
Old 05-12-22, 05:34 PM  
wendug

I missed my workout yesterday. Not only was it over 90 degrees (in Chicago, in May???), but I was so tired and out of the blue my period started. No PMS or warning. This damn perimenopause- my cycle is all over the place! I just want this over with!

Anyway, since it is another over 90 degree day I went with a Caroline Girvan Epic Heat workout. Day 44- full body. I have never done a workout from this series before and it really got my heart rate up. With only 10 seconds between sets there isn't much time for rest!
Old 05-13-22, 10:40 AM  
gigi

I did not workout yesterday either. Today I did Get Fit with Rick 10 Minute Fat Burnng Walk and it got my heart rate up and warmed me up perfectly. I'd love to see longer workouts like this from Rick. Super enjoyable. Then I did Vera LaRo 30 Minute Upper Body AMRAP. The time flew by and I was amazed my heart rate could stay up just working upper body. I did not do kneeling shoulder presses but stood up. Another super enjoyable workout.

I took the day off of work. My sister and I are going to our almost 102 year old grandmother's day event at her home. She may not even know who we are.
Old 05-13-22, 12:50 PM  
jetlitis

May 12
Kathy Smith's Super Slimdown Circuit:
Secrets to a Great Upper Body Workout (40m)

May 13
RC Fitness - Cardio Kickboxing (26m)

BurpeeGirl:
Fat Burning Cardio Workout (19m)

(RC Fitness -- workout was tougher than expected, and I nearly collapsed at the 26 minute mark -- I switched to a much gentler cardio workout by BurpeeGirl.)

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts