Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-22, 05:28 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I’m up to CG Iron Series #21 DB Legs. My internet froze at about the halfway point and I couldn’t get it to reload (I have Comcast and it happens sometimes, ugh). I took it as a sign to try again tomorrow (since it’s the wkout with all the step ups I was subbing with a static lunge anyway). I detest step ups, lol. I downloaded #21 & #22 to my iPad in case it acts up again tomorrow.

I’m also doing an iFit Walk/run interval program. It’s via an app on my treadmill & iPad. I love iFit! Lots of programs/workouts to choose from now!
That is so aggravating. For some reason my laptop shut down in the middle of my workout and I had to sign back in, but it only took a few seconds. I'm glad you are enjoying the Iron Series so much. I just can't follow a strict rotation right now. Now, I can get down with step ups!
Old 05-04-22, 05:28 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Today I just needed to get back to my beloved kickboxing!

Turbo Jam- Punch, Kick, & Jam
KCM- Kickboxing with Light Dumbbells

I viewed a few Billy Blanks workouts on YT, but I just wasn't in the mood for all the counting today. Maybe I'll do one of his workouts later in the week.
I enjoyed Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire.
Old 05-04-22, 05:29 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
LOL! You have to be weary of YT instructors saying that a workout "burns 500 calories in 30 minutes" or "massive calorie burn." They are just trying to get you to click on their workout!
Gosh darnnit, I believe them when they say I can burn 500 caloris in 20 minutes.
Old 05-04-22, 05:34 PM  
gigi

Yesterday I was still so sore from Sunday's workout. I thought I would just rest on the couch for a few before working out. I never got off the couch in time to workout.

Today,I did Vera LaRo's Reverse Pyramid Full Body DB Workout and I absolutely loved it. I mean, this will be a favorite of mine. The stretch was aggravating. I felt like she just kind of decided what to do as she went and then all of a sudden, she was in a backbend! Other thant that just an overall fantastic workout. I did the recommended warm up as well.
Old 05-06-22, 05:21 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Yesterday I was still so sore from Sunday's workout. I thought I would just rest on the couch for a few before working out. I never got off the couch in time to workout.

Today,I did Vera LaRo's Reverse Pyramid Full Body DB Workout and I absolutely loved it. I mean, this will be a favorite of mine. The stretch was aggravating. I felt like she just kind of decided what to do as she went and then all of a sudden, she was in a backbend! Other thant that just an overall fantastic workout. I did the recommended warm up as well.
That Vera workout looks great. I noticed she posted a pyramid lower body workout, too.
Old 05-06-22, 05:25 PM  
wendug

Move with Cee- Advanced Full Body DB workout, Legs & Abs Emphasis. This workout had me huffing and puffing! There are 8 exercises that you do 12 reps for each with 10 seconds rest between exercises. That is really just enough time to change weights and get in place for the next exercise, so not really a break. So basically you are lifting heavy for 12 minutes straight! You have a one minute break between circuits and do 3 circuits.
Old 05-07-22, 05:18 PM  
wendug

Stepping Around the World w/Marci- Fun Step

If any of you like step I recommend giving Marci's workouts a try. They are very fun, creative, and not too difficult choreography wise, but yet not basic. She's cues very well, too!
Old 05-07-22, 08:12 PM  
jetlitis

May 6
Kathy Smith:
Secrets to a Great Upper Body (40m)
Secrets to a Great Lower Body (30m)

(I skipped one of the warm-ups, one of the cooldowns, and about 3 lower body exercises.)

May 7
Brian Syuki Focus Fitness
Indoor Walking Workout (15m)

Reps to the Rhythm with Keoni, Mom, cats and a dog!
Cardio Dance, 1900 Steps (15m)

BurpeeGirl
Outdoor Fat Burning Workout (18m)
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-22, 05:52 PM  
gigi

Cathe Live #309 Push Pull Heavy Weight: Some of my favorite Cathe Live's are from when she was working out solo. She was able to offer more variety and some heavier weight workouts. The lives seem so repetitive now.
Old 05-09-22, 05:13 PM  
gigi

I just finished CDorner Fitness 30 Minute Low Impact Walking Workout. It was quite delightful with great music. I got in a good sweat. I then did Cathe's Step Boss Bonus Extended Lying Stretch. That is a perfectly nice stretch if you don't feel like getting off the floor...LOL! It is not rushed but poses aren't held too long but just long enough.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts