Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-07-21, 08:51 AM  
buffmama

I'm following my own advice Sandy and simply putting things together that play nicely together. Katya tends to be more stretch than strength so I can add that in where appropriate. I'm having fun with the weekly rotations. I may do a 20 min Caroline week - she has some good stuff coming out!

Vannie - You better start working out before you start baking for the holidays!
Old 12-07-21, 04:25 PM  
Vantreesta

So true, buff! My friend and I are baking on Saturday!

Today I did Zumba Sulu -NEW CHRISTMAS WARM UP ZUMBA, Yoga With Bird -10 Min Everyday Morning Yoga Stretch | 30 Day Yoga Challenge DAY 1, Human 2.0 Fitness -MOVEMENT CHALLENGE - Day 1 | Mobility Training & Injury Prevention Exercises, L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 1, and a 1 mile row. I was trying to do day 3 of Rowvember but I set it up wrong in the stroke rate app and got too annoyed to keep going. I think I have it set up right now. I had also planned to start a new jump rope challenge today but after the rowing snafu I just said I was done. I hadn't worked out since Nov 11 and it felt so good to get moving! This month I am focusing mostly on mobility and just moving after such a long break.

It's been snowing all day, since before I got up! So beautiful! Feels much more Christmassy than the desert did! I think for outside I am just putting a tree on the porch and my mom's inflatable Olaf. We're doing leftovers for supper so I'm fixing to go drag out tubs and see how much decorating I can get done. And drink a small glass of eggnog while I do!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 07:06 AM  
Helen

Hey-oo
Dragged myself out of the "DH-is-away-slump", but he'll only be home for a week (maybe not even that long) then gone again. It's harvest time and he could get the call any day that the ground has dried enough to get the machinery on without bogging. Leaving it too late - and the crop will lose value - not be in it's prime.

It would normally be getting quite warm by December, but the weather has been mild, temperature-wise, as there's been lots of thunderstorms & rain (and humidity!) but that shall change very shortly - expecting the real heat to hit us next week. Christmas here is a full-on summer thing.

I've started my seasonal baking too - so far only the Christmas cake - English fruit cake, moistened with rum, almonds embedded in the top. Coming weekend will be shortbread & rum balls, the the following weekend will be baked cheesecake.

Felt SO good tonight, to have been upstairs lumping weights around instead of binging on Netflix feeling miserable in my loneliness.

Only one more week of school/work left, then holidays and into a new year - looking forward to ALL of it!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-21, 01:02 AM  
Vantreesta

It's been snowing nearly all day. The storm warning is now saying the total in some areas could be 18-21"! I shoveled the first few inches away and took twice as long as Wednesday did. Hubby will snowblow in the morning before he goes to work. I think it's gonna take quite a while! I have been loving this so much though! This is how winter in MN is supposed to be!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 12-11-21, 01:43 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
It's been snowing nearly all day. The storm warning is now saying the total in some areas could be 18-21"! I shoveled the first few inches away and took twice as long as Wednesday did. Hubby will snowblow in the morning before he goes to work. I think it's gonna take quite a while! I have been loving this so much though! This is how winter in MN is supposed to be!
How much did you end up getting? It looked about 10 inches here, but that's estimated from looking out the window... The blue sky and white snow look pretty, but I'm waiting for sidewalks to be shoveled before walking. Also the plow comes to our neighborhood last, it seems.
Old 12-11-21, 02:25 PM  
Vantreesta

Well, I'm not sure. The wind was bad enough that part of the patio is clear. A graph I found online looked like 13 1/2" but I'm not sure if it's right. Cyric and I got a workout on just a short walk today bc the roads hadn't been plowed and sidewalks weren't cleared yet. It looks so beautiful! I'm bummed that the Wed forecast is 55 and rain.

Old 12-11-21, 03:12 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Well, I'm not sure. The wind was bad enough that part of the patio is clear. A graph I found online looked like 13 1/2" but I'm not sure if it's right. Cyric and I got a workout on just a short walk today bc the roads hadn't been plowed and sidewalks weren't cleared yet. It looks so beautiful! I'm bummed that the Wed forecast is 55 and rain.
We just walked... I'd say over a foot for sure. Most had cleared sidewalks, maybe 6 we had to high step through. None of the side roads plowed yet.

The minister across from us snow blowed 3 driveways and sidewalks in addition to his own, thankfully ours included.
Old 12-12-21, 09:32 AM  
buffmama

Finished a week of Amy Bento Ross on YouTube. All include a good warm up with mobility and cool down, balance challenges throughout - reminds me of her dvd workouts in a good way. So a thumbs up. Did my first danielpt workout today - Giant Sets - . Lots of fun. Interesting whole body moves but nothing dangerous. I think my waist is getting smaller with the total body workouts. My pilates routine didn't change so I can't say it's that. Off to look at which danielpt workouts Sandy did.
Old 12-12-21, 11:17 AM  
SandyO

I'm halfway through Katja's 24 day challenge, and I am loving it. It is a nice shorter class to follow after the short Caroline classes. The Precision Kettlebell I did yesterday was my favorite of his so far.

I find I am doing the Caroline classes with roughly half the weight she uses, and I am getting a workout.
Old 12-14-21, 07:37 AM  
buffmama

Sandy - How are you liking the short Caroline classes? I may do a week of those next. I will be skipping the ab work.