Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-24, 01:13 PM  
Vantreesta

Saturday I went to my friend's house. We hung out eating and watching movies. It was a really fun day. Sunday and yesterday I was pretty much couch-bound with dizziness and headaches, though. Feeling better today, although not 100% yet.

I have the baby blanket done (again...had to tear out pretty much the whole thing bc of an error I made in the beginning and didn't notice) up to the point of adding the border. Feels so good to have it looking good now! Thankfully I was able to crochet while I was dizzy since it didn't require a lot of movement. I hope to have it all done and mailed soon.

I finished my jump rope challenge last week, as well as the 25 days of holiday Zumba. It will be nice to not have to stack so many jump rope workouts in a day now, plus I will have time for other types of workouts. I was glad to finish the Zumba one bc well, I'm over Christmas. I'm planning to start running and weight training again March 10th, and still working through the old 30-day challenges I haven't finished yet. I ordered a beaded jump rope so I'm excited to get that. I have more of a speed rope and sometimes it kinks.

I've been listening to spring training games as I'm able. So excited to have baseball back!!

Workouts since I last posted them (I think):
Thu 2/15 46 minutes
46 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.84 mi)
Pedometer: 13107 steps, 6.3 mi/Fitbit: 13872 steps, 6.57 mi

Fri 2/16 130 minutes
3 minutes (from Lacey Rae Fitness -day 21 25 Days of Holiday Zumba: "Ay Ay Ay" by Ricky Martin & Rosie O'Donnell, YT) 1st time
2 minutes (from Lacey Rae Fitness -day 22 25 Days of Holiday Zumba: "Frosty Bounce" by Diplo, Angger Dimas & Nicky Da B, YT) 1st time
18 minutes (from Crossrope 2024 Jump Rope Fitness Challenge day 21)
13 minutes (from Crossrope 2024 Jump Rope Fitness Challenge day 22)
11 minutes (from Barre Fitness 31 Day Challenge day 20 -Toned Arms (and Legs!) Workout, YT) 1st time
20 minutes (from Crossrope 2024 Jump Rope Fitness Challenge day 23)
15 minutes (from Crossrope 2024 Jump Rope Fitness Challenge day 24)
5 minutes (from Yoga with Joelle -Yoga for Feet & Ankles 5-min Stretches to Relieve Tension, YT) 1st time?
7 minutes (from Yoga with Joelle -Yoga for Calves-Lower Leg Stretch & Release, day 26 of 28-Day Yoga Challenge From Head to Toe, YT) 1st time
17 minutes (from Yoga With Kassandra -Evening Yoga Movement day 20 Evening Yoga Class Relaxing Yoga Stretches Before Bed, YT) 1st time
19 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.29 mi)
Pedometer: 13148 steps, 6.33 mi/Fitbit: 14662 steps, 6.95 mi

Sat 2/17 38 minutes
38 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.35 mi)
Pedometer: 9511 steps, 4.59 mi/Fitbit: 9988 steps, 4.71 mi

Sun 2/18 41 minutes
41 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.55 mi)
Pedometer: 9533 steps, 4.65 mi/Fitbit: 11981 steps, 5.48 mi

Mon 2/19 146 minutes
6 minutes (from T. Merrick -5 Minute Upper Body Mobility Routine! (FOLLOW ALONG), YT)
22 minutes (from Crossrope 2024 Jump Rope Fitness Challenge day 25)
15 minutes (from Crossrope 2024 Jump Rope Fitness Challenge day 26)
10 minutes (from 1.0 mi row for S. Farmer Dark Horse Rowing -The BEST Rowing Machine Workout for GETTING STARTED: 10 Minute Build) 1st time?
14 minutes (from Crossrope 2024 Jump Rope Fitness Challenge day 28)
13 minutes (from Crossrope 2024 Jump Rope Fitness Challenge day 27 active recovery)
5 minutes (from Yoga with Joelle -Yoga for Feet & Ankles 5-min Stretches to Relieve Tension, YT)
61 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.82 mi)
Pedometer: 19175 steps, 9.24 mi/Fitbit: 20544 steps, 10.06 mi

Tue 2/20 123 minutes
6 minutes (from SanFran Fitness rebounding 5 min Mini Moves Series Day 21 Shoulder Mobility Exercises, YT) 1st time
5 minutes (from C. Jordan Help for Shin Splints Exercises, YT)
22 minutes (from Crossrope 2024 Jump Rope Fitness Challenge day 29)
29 minutes (from Crossrope 2024 Jump Rope Fitness Challenge day 30) FINISHED!!
5 minutes (from Yoga with Joelle -Yoga for Feet & Ankles 5-min Stretches to Relieve Tension, YT)
10 minutes (from Yoga with Joelle -Yoga for SHIN SPLINTS - 10 min Stretches and Exercises for Pain Relief, YT) 1st time?
46 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.83 mi)
Pedometer: 16510 steps, 7.86 mi/Fitbit:17050 steps, 8.37 mi

Wed 2/21 93 minutes
49 minutes (from 2.54 mi solo walk during oil change)
44 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.67 mi)
Pedometer: 17173 steps, 8.13 mi/Fitbit: 16704 steps, 7.91 mi

Thu 2/22 50 minutes
5 minutes (from Cha Cha Slide dance)
45 minutes (from 2 dog walks 2.7 mi) headache with light sensitivity, no afternoon walk
Pedometer: 9924 steps, 4.75 mi/Fitbit: 10624 steps, 5.03 mi

Fri 2/23 124 minutes
10 minutes (from Yoga With Kassandra Flexible Body, Flexible Mind 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge day 21 Curiosity, YT) 1st time
2 minutes (from Lacey Rae Fitness -day 23 25 Days of Holiday Zumba: "Rockin' Little Christmas" by Shakin' Stevens, YT) 1st time
4 minutes (from Lacey Rae Fitness -day 24 25 Days of Holiday Zumba: "Christmas C'mon" by Lindsey Stirling & Becky G, YT) 1st time
4 minutes (from Lacey Rae Fitness -day 25 25 Days of Holiday Zumba: "Feliz Navidad" by Thalia, YT) 1st time FINISHED!
2 minutes (from D. Austin Healthy for the Holidays challenge day 3 lower tummy toe taps)
9 minutes (from Crossrope 8 min Move It Tabatas)
19 minutes (from C. Donnelly Strong Knees 7 Minutes to Save Your Knees + stretching)
30 minutes (from Yoga with Shaunneka -REST'MAS #6: 30 Minute Yin Yoga Stretch for the Winter Solstice - Nourish Your Inner Light, YT) 1st time
44 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.76 mi)
Pedometer: 13026 steps, 6.24 mi/Fitbit: 13310 steps, 6.23 mi

Sat 2/24 25 minutes LUNCH & MOVIES WITH FRIEND
25 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.61 mi)
Pedometer: 6504 steps, 3.15 mi/Fitbit: 7543 steps, 3.57 mi

Sun 2/25 11 minutes
11 minutes (from 1 dog walks .7 mi) no 1st or 3rd walk, dealing with dizziness, mostly couch-bound
Pedometer: 2949 steps, 1.44 mi/Fitbit: 3454 steps, 1.63 mi
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-24, 09:23 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

51 minute outdoor walk

It's raining right now but hopefully I get a dry window to walk in later. If not, I hope I get myself to do some weights.

VAN, congrats on finishing your jump rope and Zumba challenges. That's a nice feeling. Good job on the baby blanket too.
You must have a lot of patience to go back and start the blanket over. That would have done me in I think. LOL

I'm sorry to hear you've been dizzy. I think you may have mentioned it before but I don't remember exactly the cause of the dizziness and headaches. I hope it resolves soon for you.

I watched a little bit of the spring training games. They put in so many minor leaguers and guys I never heard of so it's kind of meaningless. But it is still great to see some baseball!!

Hi CAMBET.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-24, 02:37 PM  
Vantreesta

It's crazy that when we walked on Monday afternoon it was 67 and when we walked around 8:00 last night the real feel was -5.

I'm feeling much better today, thanks. The dizziness is gone and the headache is pretty much gone but still some noise and light sensitivity. I was grateful this was just regular dizziness and not vertigo. That's the worst, especially with nausea! Planning to workout in a bit but I'll listen to my body about how much and what I should do.

SB, I still haven't figured out exactly what triggers these dizzy episodes. Or the headaches completely, but I do know dehydration and too much sun and heat can trigger those for me. I think my anxiety is playing a role too as it's been higher the past week or so, and I slept lousy last week.

Thankfully the baby blanket isn't that big and I enjoy doing it so it wasn't so bad tearing it all out and starting over. I was mostly bummed bc he will be one next month and I should have made this months ago! But it will be done soon so I can mail it off.

Yeah, the non-roster invites do make spring training games interesting with the names that aren't as recognized. I listen to our minor league games when I can, so I know more of the names than I would otherwise. Not only do I just love the game, but I like being able to hear how our guys doing rehab stints are doing as well as knowing how the prospects are looking.

Hi, Cambet and Nora!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 02-29-24, 07:02 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Tuesday was an active day at work and that night I did 37 mins of Christi's Pure Spice w/o. I actually put on shoes and worked out on my exercise mat, so I did it full on with impact. It's fun, but also a good cardio w/o! Made it to over 10,200 for the day.

Yesterday was also an active day at work; I had over 7,000 steps by the time I got home. Last night I did 24 mins of Leslie's Walk & Kick to make it to over 10,100 steps for the day.

SB - Great job with your outdoor walks! Sorry that RAW streaming is having the opposite effect on you. I totally get it; I keep thinking I'm going to do a Lift w/Cee weight w/o and then I find that I just don't feel like it (I think there is some dread factor there), but I can get myself to do cardio, so that's what I do. Which I suppose is better than nothing, but I really do need to get some weights in. I haven't modified my eating other than deciding that I HAVE to stop overeating so much. I was logging all of my food and some days going 700-1000 calories over. My clothes were a bit tight at the start of the semester and I was kind of embarrassed about it, so that served as my motivation to stop eating so much. Now I may go 100-300 calories over for the day, but no more than that. I'm still up 8 lbs from where I was 6 months ago, so I still have a ways to go. I think adding in weights would help A LOT but I just haven't been able to get myself to do it. I do think that the cardio is helping in that, because I'm trying to get to 10,000 steps a day, I'm getting in more movement. I know for a fact that if I weren't on a roll with my 10,000 steps a day (I've hit over 10,000 steps everyday in February except for 2), I would not have worked out the last few nights because I really didn't feel like it, but I was close enough to get myself up and do something to make it to the goal. So, knowing the Fitbit steps does help.

Van - Wow, great job with your workouts and kudos for completing both the jumprope and Zumba challenges! And congrats on finishing the baby blanket also. I was glad to read that you are feeling better.

Hope you both have a great day!
Old 02-29-24, 10:49 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

KCM - RAW Drop Sets Express

Yay. I finally did a weight workout and I enjoyed it. I definitely need heavier weights if I want to stick to Kelly's workouts (or Cee's too for that matter) but I did feel this one. It's cold and windy again today so probably (hopefully) an indoor workout.

VAN, so glad to hear you're feeling better. Both the dehydration and the anxiety could be triggers for the dizziness. I had a bout of vertigo about 4 years ago and it was totally miserable. I never knew what caused it and I hope to never go through that again.

We had 58 degrees yesterday and it's low 30s with high winds today. That's (almost) March for you. You are a true diehard baseball fan. It is a great feeling to have it back.

CAMBET, great job hitting 10K steps so consistently lately. It's a great motivational tool for you and it's keeping you moving. I know weights are important, and I do very much enjoy it, but I think the cardio and steps are serving you well and keeping you fit and active. It's so much more than a lot of people do.

I've been overeating a bit too lately. I am trying to be more mindful of it. I think it's great you lost the weight and you will lose more with consistency. I would like to lose 10 lbs by DS' wedding this August. I certainly have enough time to accomplish it but I need to get my eating under control and be more consistent with the weight work.

Have a great day!
Old 03-01-24, 09:44 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

No workouts yesterday but wanted to pop in to let you all know I'm starting the new spring thread. See you all over there!~

Have a great day!!
Old 03-01-24, 02:43 PM  
Vantreesta

Mon 2/26 11 minutes
11 minutes (from 1 dog walks .7 mi) still dizzy and mostly couch-bound
Pedometer: 3663 steps, 1.79 mi/Fitbit: 3838 steps, 1.8 mi

Tue 2/27 28 minutes
28 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.82 mi)
Pedometer: 9228 steps, 4.51 mi/Fitbit: 9276 steps, 4.41 mi

Wed 2/28 110 minutes
00 minutes (from David O Yoga -Fresh Start 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge day 21 -15 Minute Morning Gratitude Meditation (savor life's goodness), YT) 1st time no time counted as it was just meditation, no movement
9 minutes (from Human 2.0 Fitness -MOVEMENT CHALLENGE - Day 21 | Mobility Training & Injury Prevention Exercises, YT) 1st time
6 minutes (from D. Austin Healthy for the Holidays challenge day 4 lunges + day 5 tricep kickbacks)
35 minutes (from 1.786 mi for J. Pearman Virtual Active American Southwest Hike) 1st time
12 minutes (from Crossrope Basic Transition)
21 minutes (from Yoga with Shaunneka -REST'MAS #7: 20 Minute Full Body Seated Yoga Stretch for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, YT) 1st time
27 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.69 mi)
Pedometer: 13314 steps, 6.39 mi/Fitbit: 13952 steps, 6.6 mi

Thu 2/29 162 minutes
9 minutes (from Dr. Bri Let's Go Hiking! At-Home Kegel Camp Day 21, YT) 1st time
9 minutes (from D. Austin Healthy for the Holidays challenge day 6 bicycles + day 7 curtsy lunge + day 8 lateral raise)
26 minutes (from PT strength exercises combo)
8 minutes (from Barre Fitness 31 Day Challenge day 21 -Best Barre Workout for Strength & Balance, YT) 1st time
21 minutes (from Crossrope Uphill Downhill)
15 minutes (from Yoga With Kassandra -Evening Yoga Movement day 21 Evening Yoga Flow for Hips & Lower Back, YT) 1st time
25 minutes (from Yoga with Shaunneka -REST'MAS FINALE #8: 25 Minute Post Christmas Yoga Stretch- A Soothing End to The Rest'Mas Series, YT) 1st time
49 minutes (from 3 dog walks 1.8 mi)
Pedometer: 12109 steps, 5.85 mi/Fitbit: 12345 steps, 5.94 mi

Old 03-01-24, 02:44 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks for starting the new thread, SB! Figured I'd finish up February in this one.