Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-19, 08:25 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

My bare-bones equipment would be dumbbells and barbell, mat, step with extra risers, High Step, stability ball and yoga blocks.

Workouts: Beachbody on Demand, all Cathe, Ultimate Yogi, Paul Grilley Yin, and a few old Firms and Gin Millers. [ETA and my Cardio Coaches]
Old 09-11-19, 08:37 AM  
Sollamyn

I would definitely want to replace my round mat and my traditional yoga mat. Also, I've been regularly using my stretching/yoga strap, foam roller and stability ball, so I'd need those. Since I've had the original step since the early nineties, I think I'd go ahead and replace that, too, for old times sake. (And I do still use it from time to time.) Light weights and some tubing/bands would round out my equipment replacement.

DVDs? Hmmm.....

I guess I would want to start rebuilding my collection my replacing some of my Jessica Smiths and Kathy Smiths, plus some Rodney Yee and Jane Adams.

Donna
Old 09-11-19, 09:35 AM  
sherry7899

I could easily make an equipment list, but the workout list would take some time and thought. I admire those of you that can pare that one down so far!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 10:16 AM  
marki64

I really don't think I would change a thing, except less long step workouts, which really screwed up my achilles tendons. But when you love a form of fitness so much, you try to ignore the pain. Not smart and I paid for it.

I have pretty much done the same types of workouts since forever, (changing and tweaking some things) and I use all my equipment and dvds. If I had to do it all over, I think I have done well. Now, I do step vids, once in awhile and it feels great, compared to the pain 12 years ago.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 10:20 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Equipment:
Treadmill
Dumbbells 5 lbs. - 50 lbs. w/rack
Weight Bench
Firm Barbell w/padding
Barbell plates w/plate rack
Step w/risers
High Step w/risers
Gliding discs
Loops
Cathe step mat
Stability Ball
Mizuno Wave Inspire running shoes
Sansa Clip MP3 player (yes, I still use one of these for running, lol)

Workouts:
Cathe On Demand (which includes Cathe Live)
Beachbody On Demand
Cardio Coach (all of them, especially my favorite "Press Play")
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 10:22 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
If something happened and you didn't have any workout DVDs (or other preferred form of media) or fitness equipment, and had to start your collection over what would you get/replace?
That's a great question, but I'm having a hard time coming up with an answer.

I want it all!!!!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 11:59 AM  
marki64

Ok. I realize I read this thread wrong. My multitasking can really suck.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 12:53 PM  
prettyinpink

I would still have my Manduka mats, sets of dumbbells, couple of kettlebells, and adjustable dumbbells for over 20 pounds. Also my fabric resistance loops for lower body, resistance bands for upper body, adjustable weight ankle weights, and gliding discs.

I would keep my small step with risers but get rid of my long step. I’d rather have a real adjustable bench (soon I hope).

I would get an Olympic barbell with a rack instead of a 1” barbell. And a wall-mounted barre with mirrors.

I am not sorry about the DVDs I purchased in the past, but I don’t think I’d replace a single one. I’d just keep streaming and probably use paper workouts for strength and run for cardio if I ever needed to take streaming breaks for my budget.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 05:14 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
That's a great question, but I'm having a hard time coming up with an answer.

I want it all!!!!

Same here.
Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 06:39 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I could easily make an equipment list, but the workout list would take some time and thought. I admire those of you that can pare that one down so far!

Sherry
My response was just how I would restart--like, what would I get first, and then build back up from there. I found it easier to answer the question that way. Of course, I'd have to put together a big list of all the workouts I would have to eventually replace.

Donna

Tags
5 day fit yoga, adjustable dumbbells, denise beatty, must have equipment, must have workouts