Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-19, 08:15 PM  
winnie_p
VF Supporter

I love this thread, but the thought makes me somewhat overwhelmed and very grateful for all the stuff I collected and kept over the years.

Equipment would be weights, weight rack, kettlebells, Transfirmer, step and risers, bungee rebounder, yoga mat, straps, blocks, bolsters and blankets, yoga-tune-up balls, foam roller, half-dome roller, melt method balls and soft roller

Workouts would be
FIRM
Tracie Long (everything from all eras)
Barre
Kickboxing (lots of Chalene)
Margaret Richard
Classical stretch and Essentrics
Jane Adams yoga

Would stream Yoga Ranger, DoYogaWithMe, Walking Online Workouts and Bellicon home

For a start.
winnie_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 08:28 PM  
Mickey12

I love these kind of threads because I see fitness instructor names I am not familiar with. Then I look them up and potentially find some new stuff I “need”.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 08:34 PM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
I have "Wii Dance Workout"... do you want it? Also have Just Dance 1, 2, 3... which I assume you already have?
Thanks for the offer, but I have them.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 10:19 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I'm good with my mats, light weights, and several nice mats.

Just give me my CS, Ellen, Jessica Smith, and Barre3.

I love streaming.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 10:36 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I wouldn't replace my Fluidity Barre and perhaps my Bellicon rebounder. Fluidity barre is a non-essential item for me, but I only paid $65 for it off Craig's list and the Bellicon, while excellent, was actually too pricey for what I ended up using it for. I still have my Jumpsport ($299?) and I think that was (and still is) enough for me - when I use it. And I actually like the Jumpsport better.

Another thing I wouldn't replace is the threadmill. We got that primarily for my DH but he doesn't use it and neither do I, so there it sits and takes up valuable real estate in my workout room.

As far as DVD replacement goes, nowadays I would just go with streaming rather than physical DVDs. Impossible to name the actual titles I'd like to replace.
Old 09-10-19, 11:34 PM  
Sand

[QUOTE=Sissy B;2837409] Wii - this is my favorite form of cardio.

Sissy B, have you tried Zumba on Wii? For a year, I was obsessed with Zumba on Wii and then purchase The Black Eyed Peas Experience for Wii.

Then I upgraded to the Xbox and purchased all the Zumba workouts and Dance Central workouts for that platform.

The only things that I've purchased that I haven't used have been my Kettlebell collection: 5lbs, 10lbs, 15lbs, 20lbs & 25lbs but I purchased them more recently. Actually, I had originally purchased a set of plastic kettlebells and sold it on Facebook because I didn't like the way they felt in my hands.

And the weighted hula hoop which I used a gift certificate on. I really should look for streaming videos for it because I loved hula hooping as a kid!

I won't ever get rid of the following:

TransFirmer! I actually upgraded from my Denise Austin foam step to the TransFirmer. I have't done step workouts in a long time but it's so sturdy and maybe I'll get back into it!

Dumbbells: I have a collection I purchased from Tuesday Morning as a teen that I still have. I believe those are plastic covered sand. I've since upgraded to Neoprene Dumbbells.

My Fluidity Bar! I paid full price when this came out, $200 which was a lot for me at the time. At the time, I felt that it wasn't challenging enough for me. But since my autoimmune issues have flared up, I'm not in the shape I used to be so I have been using it lately when trying out P.volve.

Those who don't use it, you might want to consider selling it. The price is now nearly $500 for a new one!

Balance Ball: I still have the Gunnar Peterson's Core Secrets ball and use it all the time! I won it through Shape Magazine. I have no idea what happened to the DVD and the pump has since broken but the ball has held up!

Workouts I wouldn't repurchase: Tae Bo! I was so excited when Billy Blanks first came on the scene, I was a teen then and ordered the set. It wasn't my type of workout.

I did buy a bunch of Jillian Michaels DVD's when they were at the dollar tree that I haven't used. At the same time, I found a bunch of Billy Blanks DVD's but I learned my lesson the first time.
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 12:23 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Fun thread! I would re-start with the following bare essentials:
Dumbbells (in pairs) - 5 lbs, 8 lbs, 10 lbs, 12 lbs, 15 lbs, 20 lbs and Platemates
Kettlebells - 8 kg, 10 kg, 12 kg, 16 kg
Yoga mat, blocks and strap
Bicycle (one you can take on the road... I love my folding bike in particular!)
Mini and Full Step with enough risers to step-ups
Big ol' balance ball
KCM streaming (in lieu of my sizable KCM DVD collection)
Cathe streaming (I like upper body splits so maybe DVDs are fine since that's a sunk cost)
Eoin Finn yoga DVDs and podcasts (available on player.fm and iTunes)
Some Margaret Richard floorwork routines
Fitness Fix Intermediate DVD - a must-have!
JessicasmithTV on YouTube - there's always something I can muster up the time and energy to do
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 06:01 AM  
BunnyHop

I think my equipment would remain about the same, but I find I need fewer actual workouts than I thought I would.

Now that I've spent some months on a treadmill at the Y on a regular basis, I'd get one of my own. For now, the size and expense of it makes it impractical.

If I had it to do over again, I'd be less hesitant about buying Classical Stretch seasons on dvd. They're my number one most-used category.

J Brown's yoga dvd is essential.

Jane Adams Gentle Yoga is a new favorite.

I'm less interested in intense workouts now, but I'd replace Jari Love's original Get Ripped and skip the rest of hers.

Walking dvds? Seem to aggravate my low back, so I'd skip them.
Kettlebell dvds? Providence is the only one I've ever used with any regularity.

Equipment-wise, I'd love to get a weight bench that's the proper height for my body. I've yet to find one, but if I do, I'm getting it.

Iron Grip's Group Strength barbell, little Bellicon, thick 6' round yoga mat, yoga props, Reebok Step as a weight bench, solid foam cushion to put under my hips for side leg lifts (Thanks, Miranda!), Kettlebells in various weights, Dumbbells in various weights with better handles than the ones I have.
Old 09-11-19, 06:38 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Firm and Cathe for strength, along with dumbbells. Jessica for her stretch workouts. Ellen for everything else. And my big round yoga mat.

As a matter of fact, I should probably just get rid of everything else right now.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 08:09 AM  
kathym
VF Supporter

Fun.
I would replace:
Yoga mat, block, strap, bolster
Kettlebells
Dumbell sets up to 20 lbs
Stability ball
Rebounder

I stream quite a bit now so may just stream Cathe and Mark Lauren vs. buy.
I would replace Kari Anderson, Michelle Dozois Bodyfit 360, the newer firms that Anna put out, maybe horizontal conditioning, and Tracie Long.
I might also replace a few kettlebell workouts.

Tags
5 day fit yoga, adjustable dumbbells, denise beatty, must have equipment, must have workouts