Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-11, 05:21 PM  
Keepfitgirl

Fitness Fix

I have the Intermediate Fitness Fix, which I really like. Are either the Beginners or Sports Conditioning DVD's worth getting, or should I just be happy with the Intermediate ? Is there anything majorly different about the other two?

Thanks

Emma
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 08:10 AM  
jerebo

Emma,

I'm sure someone here must know the answer to that question!
Old 09-07-11, 08:17 AM  
pattyd0319

I have the advanced (and the intermediate) and it's pretty close to the intermediate. The 35 minute total workout on it is the same as on the 30 minute intermediate total body workout but the clip is edited to add more reps to some of the exercises. Even though they are the same exercises, the advanced does feel harder with the extra reps.

And it may include a 20 minute plyometrics workout that isn't on the intermediate. I cannot recall if the upper/lower/core workouts are different or with added reps like the total body workout but I do remember the stretch and foam roller sessions are the same.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 08:19 AM  
cathgpo
VF Supporter

I think that you only need one unless you are rehabbing a bad injury. I bought beginner and intermediate at the same time. I was recovering from a back injury and had VERY weak abs. I needed the beginner at that point, it has some easier modifications. But as soon as I was back to being able to walk normally, I could use the easier mods on intermediate. Lately, I've had some minor shoulder problems. Nothing too bad, but I go to Fitness Fix for a boost of strength and flexibility on that shoulder. I use intermediate for that. Basically, I use intermediate for almost everything, and only used beginner when I was truly VERY injured, such that it influenced everyday activities, not just my workouts.

Lastly, some footage is even the same on the two -- the foam roller, flexibility, and warm-up, I think.

cathgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 08:48 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I agree that you probably only need one. They are different (except for the foam roller segment), but I would just choose the one that best suits your level--I had all 3 and only kept the intermediate (although I did jot down the plyo exercises from the Sports one).

I wrote reviews of all three with specific breakdowns if you'd like to compare further.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 01:46 PM  
Keepfitgirl

Thanks, all. From what you have all said, I will stick to the intermediate. (I will check you reviews thanks, Beth.)

Emma
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
denise beatty, fitness fix