Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-22, 03:47 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I hate summer. In recent years, the summer starts in June and we're on a freight train to hell until Halloween.

Fire season is now year round.

KarenJo, I have had wildfires close to my home and the smoke is unbearable. An air purifier is essential!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-22, 06:46 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

The temperature is better here today as well, one fan is enough for now. We have AC in the basement, but I watch tv up in the living room, since it is where I can record my favorite tv shows to watch later. When it is pretty humid the AC has a hard time keeping it cold.

Alta and KarenJo, having smoke into the house doesn't sound fun at all, glad you got an air purifier. And having to close the window when it is that hot OMG... It makes me remember last year we had some reparations outside (walls), so we couldn't open the windows, and had to take off the AC in the basement, it was horrible, like living into an oven, it was a bit better in the basement but still pretty humid, as soon as I would get in the half of the stairs on my way up sweat was dripping instantly.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-22, 08:10 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I'm in NJ and it legit feels like I'm in GA. The humidity just makes me mad. I don't like anything over 68 degrees, so I'm with Lori.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I'm in NJ and we were supposed to get severe thunderstorms yesterday that would cool things off and bring much needed rain, but...nothing happened where I live. The grass is dying and leaves are falling off the trees. It's cooler today, thank goodness, so I guess even though the storms didn't hit here, at least it brought some relief. I want to water my lawn, but we can only do that on odd or even days, so I have to do it tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I am in NJ, and we didn't get the severe storms either. We got lightning at about 9pm (I remember because we were watching Better Call Saul) and that was it.
Bubbles, I am the same I don't like anything above 68 ideally. Well we did not get rain in my part of NJ either (not far from PA). My husband just got in from watering a tree we planted in May that was starting to look parched. I was so happy that it cooled down. I went for a long-ish walk this morning and when I left work at 6 it was still nice and not at all humid. Sherry, I forgot about BCS. When did it start again after the break in the last season? How many episodes did I miss?
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-22, 10:02 AM  
Leonana

I'm in Phoenix and it's monsoon season. We are having a lot of rain (for us) this week and the temps have cooled down to a high in the high 90's. I am enjoying the cooler temps and rain. Last week it was dry and around 108 for a high, and was above 110 the week before (if I remember correctly).
Old 07-27-22, 06:17 PM  
DCW

I love summer. I love the long days of sunshine. My friends and i can walk after work. I love growing my flowers and herbs. Its my favorite time of year. DH and i walk more in the summer. And we see our neighbors more especially the babies who are now toddlers and Pre-Kers.

I also love my AC too.

I
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-22, 10:41 PM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
I love summer. I love the long days of sunshine. My friends and i can walk after work. I love growing my flowers and herbs. Its my favorite time of year. DH and i walk more in the summer. And we see our neighbors more especially the babies who are now toddlers and Pre-Kers.

I also love my AC too.

I
I agree. I love being outside and doing yard work, planting flowers, mowing the grass. I love the long sunny days with early morning walks and evening walks. I love reading outside and listening to kids play. Our season is so short. I just embrace it all. I love riding my bike.

Tags
heat, hot weather