Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-25-22, 06:24 AM  
Dabbadooey

Summer is overrated. I love fall.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-22, 08:54 AM  
owltx

Another summer hater here - I also live on the Gulf Coast and I find summers harder and harder to bear as I get older. I grew up in the midwest and the PP that equated the summer to february - yes! I actually think I have opposite SAD because I can't get outside in August due to the relentless heat. I have a sun lamp (that is SO bright, holy cow my eyes) that I use in mornings in July/August. DH and I still try for our daily walks but it is still so hot we are roasting by the time we get back.
Old 07-25-22, 09:54 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Summer used to be fun. I hate it now. I have some medical issues where the heat and humidity literally makes me sick.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-22, 10:00 AM  
donnamp

I'd rather be too hot than too cold, but it is pretty unbearable right now!

Fall is my favorite season here (mid-Atlantic) it is warm, but not humid. Our Spring tends to be very rainy and damp, Summer is humid and hot, and Winter is damp and cold!

I prefer hot and humid to damp and cold - but it still does curtail my activity - and long dog walks are out.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-22, 10:54 AM  
Jeanne Marie

I'm a summer lover!

It has been brutal though. We get up and run outside at 6:30am, which helps a bit, but the humidity is so bad we still suffer. This year was my 23rd consecutive running of the Peachtree 10K Road Race on July 4th. Honestly, it was probably the hottest I can ever remember, and that's saying a lot!
Last year we ran it in 58 minutes. This year it took us a full minute per mile more! We finished in 64 minutes. I was literally experiencing signs of heat exhaustion.
Old 07-25-22, 11:37 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Marie View Post
Yikes, BE CAREFUL! As a fellow summer lover, I had to really start putting in requirements for myself to not run outside if it's over a certain temperature threshold, because otherwise I really will go out even if it's close to 100 and not quite realize I'm suffering until much later.
Old 07-25-22, 11:44 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
Canada's getting in on some of the scorching heat?! Gee whiz! I didn't realize how far reaching these heatwaves are.
Right now, I think it is just the regular heat and humidity we get every summer My mom don't believe me and think I am exaggerating when I complain about the humidity, since I was born in a country with tropical weather, so I am used to heat. I love heat, I hate humidity! You get out of the shower, dry yourself with a towel, and before you can dress yourself, sweat is dripping all over again, I hate that!

I hope for those having the brutal heatwave that it will stop soon.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-22, 12:27 PM  
BunnyHop

Another autumn fan here.

The only good part of living on the Gulf coast is that for much of the year the weather is fairly tolerable if you have a well insulated home and maintain your A/C unit faithfully.

On the other hand, I hate the fact that it gets SO HOT this time of year. On top of that, something pollinates just now, making my self care habits a crucial part of life.
Old 07-25-22, 12:57 PM  
bubbles76

I'm in NJ and it legit feels like I'm in GA. The humidity just makes me mad. I don't like anything over 68 degrees, so I'm with Lori.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-22, 01:22 PM  
Izzy

I am in the Midwest and it is humid I will not deny that. BUT we had our winter coats on in mid-May. I am not a heat person but I am taking the summer. Our winter this past year lasted 6 months. I exercise early in the morning almost daily. It’s lovely being outside and enjoy the early morning air.

Tags
heat, hot weather