Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-17-22, 07:03 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I know some people like to work out on their lunch break, but how do you do that? Don't they get sweaty and have to shower before going back to whatever it was they were doing before? I wouldn't have time to workout and shower, so the thought of a midday workout just confuses me.
I've always wondered the same thing. I'm a sweaty beast after I workout*, no matter what the workout. I guess if I was walking outside in winter or late fall, I wouldn't sweat too much.

*Also, I happen to stink a bit when I sweat so I really do need a shower if I'm going to be doing something in public around other people afterwards. I've known people though who don't stink after a sweaty workout (they seem to sweat without the stink) and I envy them!
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 07:11 PM  
schoolgirl-01

i exercise after my coffee - i need my caffeine kick before i can exercise
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 07:24 PM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolgirl-01 View Post
i exercise after my coffee - i need my caffeine kick before i can exercise
Me too…always. Coffee comes first.
Old 06-17-22, 07:29 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I've always exercised in the afternoon or evening.

I do teach a 9 am class several days a week. That is the earliest I can work out! NOT a morning person.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 08:26 PM  
fatkat555

I’ve always marveled when people can drink coffee and then exercise right after. I think I tried that one time - I was so incredibly sore. I determined that the dehydration from caffeine contributes to my soreness (although I read a study about how drinking caffeine makes you work harder).

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 09:14 PM  
moonbeam31

I like an early evening workout in the spring/summer and a late morning workout in the fall/winter. I get lots of natural light in my workout room. I'm seasonal!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 10:18 PM  
Vantreesta

When I was working, up until the last couple years when I worked insane hours, I tried to do yoga before work and then at night I would do cardio or weights. I am not even remotely a morning person which is actually why I needed the morning workout, for time to wake up (bad sleep inertia) and to put me in a calm place to deal with work.

After I quit my job I was still working out in the morning but later, at a Vannie-reasonable time. As time has passed though I find myself usually working out in the afternoon, which is such a surprise bc always before afternoon workouts made me crabby for some reason. Unless it was hiking I wanted nothing to do with it! I would like to get back to mornings though, especially for running in the summer.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-22, 09:03 AM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
When I was working, up until the last couple years when I worked insane hours, I tried to do yoga before work and then at night I would do cardio or weights.
This is what I ultimately would love to do, yoga in the morning and then my evening workout.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-22, 11:29 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I prefer to exercise in the late afternoon. I'm not a morning person. But - now that I am doing a lot more outdoor walking, I have to get going early before it gets too hot! It's a struggle.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-22, 06:46 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
This is what I ultimately would love to do, yoga in the morning and then my evening workout.
It worked so well for me. I was actually able to do longer yoga practices instead of just tacking them after other workouts. Now that I'm not working I would actually like to do the opposite, cardio or weights midmorning and a nice yoga practice before bed, but before bed just never happens anymore (baseball is a big reason for that: ).
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
workout time of day