Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-17-22, 01:27 PM  
fatkat555

Night, midday, or morning workout?

I’m a long-time evening exerciser and find I’m most consistent when I do evening workouts. I love just completely throwing myself into the workout, and then after taking a shower I sleep so much better. I’ve tried morning and midday. It just doesn’t work for me. Morning makes me exhausted, my blood sugar is low, and I hate showering in the morning because my hair never dries. Midday? I’ll sweat all day….

When do you prefer to exercise and why?

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 02:09 PM  
alisoncooks

I shower in the morning regardless, so it just makes sense to exercise before that. I work from home, so I don’t have to get up super early to do so. If I had a job outside the home, it might be different.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 02:14 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I exercise in the morning right after my coffee then I take a shower. If I don't exercise in the morning, it usually won't get done. I admire the people that go to work and work a full day then come home and exercise at night.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 02:50 PM  
Erica H.

[QUOTE=Paine;2969006 I admire the people that go to work and work a full day then come home and exercise at night.[/QUOTE]

Me too! I wouldn't be able to do that.

I exercise early.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 03:24 PM  
psupam

I have never been a morning person and if I try to exercise then I feel lousy. I was an after work person and even though I am not working I usually exercise in the later afternoon still. Then it's a shower and I am done for the day.
psupam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 03:35 PM  
wendug

I was a morning exerciser when we lived in an apartment on the ground floor. Our living room was far away from the bedroom so I could work out and not wake up my husband. Once we bought our house, I had to change to afternoon workouts. My job started earlier and our living room is next to the bedroom, so I did not want to wake up my husband and the thought of getting up at 4:30 a.m. was just too painful to consider. I've been working out in the late afternoon/evening for many years now. Some days I'm really tired after a busy day, but I usually get a burst of energy after I start a workout and feel really great afterward.

I know some people like to work out on their lunch break, but how do you do that? Don't they get sweaty and have to shower before going back to whatever it was they were doing before? I wouldn't have time to workout and shower, so the thought of a midday workout just confuses me.
Old 06-17-22, 04:10 PM  
edensmom

Morning. My energy level is best in the morning and my motivation is higher. I'm hit or miss with exercising after work. Most times I'm too tired and have so many things to do. My morning workouts give me a feeling of accomplishment and energize me. I have my coffee, workout, then eat and shower after.
I have zero interest in exercising in the evenings.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 04:20 PM  
Izzy

Early morning. I work two jobs and at least 3 days a week I don’t get home until after 7:30. Some days I can add an after or evening walk. Essentrics or yoga. If I don’t do something in the morning it’s not going to happen.
Old 06-17-22, 04:30 PM  
rhbrand

Evening for me.

I'm NOT a morning person. I worked night shift for years cause I'm a natural night owl, and my energy level is the highest after 6pm.
Old 06-17-22, 06:33 PM  
DCW

Morning before work. I use to get up at 5:30 am to workout prior to Covid. Then i would get ready for work and drive to the office. Now that I work from home I workout later in the morning. On the days I am in the office i dont workout. 5:30 am is a deal breaker now.

While i am at home working i will walk at lunch. Its easy to jump in the shower at home. I prefer morning workouts because i feel that I've done something for myself. The rest of the day might be crazy but I got my workout done.. I like walking in the evening too.

Different strokes for different folks.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
workout time of day