Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-10-20, 12:49 PM  
Gams

Need washing machine recommendation

Anyone have a washing machine they love and would recommend? I have a Whirlpool that has died. It’s not very old, either - maybe 4 years. I’m not looking for a lot of bells and whistles. I just want clean clothes and I do wash a lot of loads every week, so it will get used a lot.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 02:04 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Following!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 02:12 PM  
carolyn jane

Last month I got an Amana 3.5 cu.ft. top load washer at Home Depot.

I love it!

It was the least expensive one they had because it doesn't have a bunch of useless bells and whistles but it does a great job.

I also have the matching dryer and it's great too.
carolyn jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 02:23 PM  
sillygirl

We bought a Speed Queen 12 years ago that I really like. It's top-loading old-school style with knobs (which I prefer) and offers an agitator and stainless steel large capacity tub. I like that I can control the amount of water and reach all the way down to the bottom of the tub too! Our model is no longer on their site but they are known for their commercial quality and received great reviews!

Beware, ours is loud like the old-school washers too. We just close the door to the laundry room.

https://speedqueen.com/products/home...-load-washers/
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 02:28 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
We bought a Speed Queen 12 years ago that I really like. It's top-loading old-school style with knobs (which I prefer) and offers an agitator and stainless steel large capacity tub. I like that I can control the amount of water and reach all the way down to the bottom of the tub too! Our model is no longer on their site but they are known for their commercial quality and received great reviews!

Beware, ours is loud like the old-school washers too. We just close the door to the laundry room.

https://speedqueen.com/products/home...-load-washers/
Speed Queen is the absolute best. I love mine. I've heard the older models are better, so that's what we went through a few years ago when we bought ours.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 06:20 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Our Whirlpool broke down and it was only 6 or 7 years old so we decided to not get another Whirlpool.

We bought an LG - 5.5 Cu. Ft. 12-Cycle Top-Loading Washer with TurboWash3D Technology in White (Model: WT7800CW). It had very high ratings from Consumer Reports. We got it delivered last week so it's brand new. So far we like it and it works well.

It's this one:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-5-5-...?skuId=6329765

We have heard that Speed Queen makes a really good washer but they are not very big and we wanted a washer that can easily hold King sized comforters and quilts so we went with the LG. I'll be able to do fewer loads of clothes because of the large capacity.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 06:29 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Also following!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 08:19 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Another avid follower! Hoping for some low dollar recs.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 09:18 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

we went through 2 front-loading machines before going back to top loading. that's all i can suggest - front loading just didn't last too long for us.

we do about 1 load a day with 5 people in our house. it's held up.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 09:43 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
we went through 2 front-loading machines before going back to top loading. that's all i can suggest - front loading just didn't last too long for us.
We had the same experience. Our front loader was one of those Maytags that got recalled or something but we never had any trouble with it til way after that. Dad replaced it with the biggest top loading GE they had with no agitator. It wasn't cheap, but it's lasted quite nicely with no trouble so far, and it's handled a LOT of laundry in its day.

Tags
washers, washing machines