Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-14, 04:32 PM  
Libby

Foam Roller workouts

Any suggestions for great foam roller workouts?
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-14, 05:09 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I really like the foam roller workouts on My Yoga Online (now Giaam). I think Anita Dietz (sp?) is the instructor. In fact, after MYO merging with Giaam there are some other foam roller workouts I want to try out.

There is a Flexible Warrior Foam Roller recovery workout that is good, but long. I didn't keep it.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-14, 08:34 PM  
PennyK

The Foam Roller Workout and Massage with Michaela Sirbu has good reviews on Amazon.
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-14, 08:55 PM  
Orlita

Bernadette Giorgi has one (Just B). Karen Voight....trying to think who else. I have them but......possibly have never used them. But I love just lying on my roller.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 12:38 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Trudie Styler's Cardio Dance DVD has a 25 minute foam roller segment (not with her, the other instructor) that I like. The DVD was pretty cheap at Amazon a while back (maybe $5?) so worth it just for that. It's a stretch, not a workout, if that's what you want.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 09:20 PM  
Eibhinn

I mostly find foam rolling awkward and prefer Jill Miller's Yoga tune up stuff using balls, so most of my foam roller DVDs don't get used. I do really enjoy the hour-long practice on Flexible Warrior 5, which alternates foam rolling and stretching. It's a really well-done practice, even though the price is fairly high and the production quality is not. I feel great after this one.
http://www.spinervals.com/products/item192.cfm

Other pretty good choices that I don't tend to use as much are
Fitness Fix with Denise Beatty (each of the DVDs apparently has the same 10 minute or so foam roller section) and the Trudie Styler one already referenced. I recall when researching foam roller stuff that a lot of them were pretty crap in terms of production quality - in particular there is a Quick Fix (or similar series) one with an Australian instructor whose name I can't currently remember where she forgets to do a whole series of stuff on one side.

Alternately, there is some stuff on Youtube. Jessica Smith has at least one Foam Roller video and there is an old Exercise TV sequence on there as well.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
denise beatty, foam rolling, jill miller