Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-12, 09:01 AM  
SpiritSong

I have this one on my wishlist at Amazon. Obviously I haven't tried it yet, so I can't personally testify as to its effectiveness.

http://www.amazon.com/Posture-Get-It...I3PWHVPPXMLQ36
Old 11-21-12, 01:41 PM  
KarenH

I suffer from SI joint syndrom caused by my over arching of my back. I found alot of help from Dr. Bookspan's books which spend alot of time on correcting swayback, pronation, shoulder etc. pain. I used to follow the Classical Stretch DVDs but always suffered lower back pain, shoulder pain and always felt like I was rounding forward in my shoulders. After reading Dr. Bookspan, she explained why forward flexing is bad for the spine and how alot of back pain is caused by swayback. I never realized that I tilted my hips when I reached above my head with weights,did squats with my back arched etc. You can read more about it at her website that has alot of good info on it. Her main point is to stand with a neutral spine and that has made a world of difference to my back problems. I also incorporated her arm and shoulder stretches and that has eased my rotator cuff problems that were brought on by Classical stretch. Her article about swayback is at www.drbookspan.com/AbsArticle.html. HTH!
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
denise beatty