Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-01-23, 07:50 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Donna, yes it's the one using the wall and it's on the calendar for June 1. I too, don't like using the wall as a prop.

You will not regret signing up for AAP. I am enjoying Build and following calendar that alternates between strength and cardio. It's all mapped out for me and I don't have to think what to pick. Sometimes, I just don't want to think.
Old 06-01-23, 08:04 AM  
furmomof6

Good morning,

Prevention Standing Core & Stability (5 min)
Prevention Restore & Refresh (5 min)
Jessica Smith Pilates Core Series (13 in)

Those two Prevention workouts were on Day 2 of the calendar for today. I was not impressed with the standing ab workout and I won't do it again, but the stretch was nice. I added on Jessica's bonus workout from her Flow & Glow DVD.

Dana, I hope you like your new doctor!

Donna, now I'm enabled to sign up for Jessica's AAP, lol.

Waves Carol & BuffMama!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-23, 08:53 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workouts were

Improved Health - Cardio, Strength & Balance All-in-One Beginners Workout - 41 minutes;
Outside Walk - 30 minutes

I was super sore yesterday, so I guess Jessica caught up with me, compounded with joint soreness because of the incredibly weird weather we are having (raining almost every day these days - basically more rain in the last two weeks than we've had in total for the 8 months before that). If all goes well, I'll be back to Jessica today.

Dana - I hear you - often I don't want to have to think about what workout I'm going to do. I can spend most of my workout time trying to make a decision...

Christine - Nice job! I need to try that Jessica workout.

Donna - I'm also not wild about using the wall for a prop, although that seems pretty popular these days.

buffmama - Waves!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-23, 08:48 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday's workouts were

Outdoor Walk - 35 minutes
Improved Health - 20 Minute HIIT Cardio - 24 minutes & Barre Inspired Workout - 16 minute

I enjoyed both of Jules' workouts, but was pretty tired by the end. I haven't been sleeping very well the last week or so - lots of late night/early morning thunderstorms waking me up repeatedly. I can't complain about the rain though, although many folks are having flooding in various parts of town as the normally dry playa lakes are overflowing. The playa on the south side of my neighborhood is flooding houses to the south of my neighborhood and the rain isn't supposed to let up for another week. We are definitely a place of weather extremes.

Another confession - I did about the first ten minutes of Jessica Smith's Build: Total Body 2 Workout and decided I didn't want to work that hard. All of the moves - at least in the portion of the video I did - were just too hard for me. I had hoped that this series might be within reach for me with modification but I'm beginning to think that it isn't.

I will just stick with old lady stuff.

Carol
Old 06-01-23, 09:30 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Another confession - I did about the first ten minutes of Jessica Smith's Build: Total Body 2 Workout and decided I didn't want to work that hard. All of the moves - at least in the portion of the video I did - were just too hard for me. I had hoped that this series might be within reach for me with modification but I'm beginning to think that it isn't.

I will just stick with old lady stuff.

Carol
Carol, I hear you about doing the "old lady stuff" and there's nothing wrong with it. I think I'm your age. I'm planning to do Jessica's workout every other day instead of every day. I think I will be doing pilates and/or gentle walking on alternate days. As long as I'm moving every day, that's all that counts.

I've had my first appointment with the new PCP this morning. I am so happy with her! Very thorough, knowledgeable and detailed. Took me a year to find someone that will fit the bill, and I think this PCP is it! Unless she leaves and moves across the country some time soon, which wouldn't surprise me because that's been my luck in the past - I'll stick with her.

Talk with everyone tomorrow.
Old 06-02-23, 08:08 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post

I've had my first appointment with the new PCP this morning. I am so happy with her! Very thorough, knowledgeable and detailed. Took me a year to find someone that will fit the bill, and I think this PCP is it! Unless she leaves and moves across the country some time soon, which wouldn't surprise me because that's been my luck in the past - I'll stick with her.

Talk with everyone tomorrow.
Woohoo! So glad you found a good PCP.

Carol
Old 06-02-23, 08:09 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I got a dog walk in - but nothing else additional. I am getting lazy!!

Today, so far:

Ellen - Five Star Fusion. Not much to say about it other than I enjoyed it as I do with most of Ellen's workouts!

I am planning on going back to Improved Health tomorrow and starting her 25 day program from Day # 1 and mixing in some of her cardio. On the off days I'll add in Pilates and/or Ellen, etc.

Carol - Nothing wrong with the "old lady" stuff - I think being consistent matters more than anything else and if the workouts cause dread or injury or extreme soreness you are not likely to be consistent. Maybe do Jessica's program a little at a time - like maybe once or twice a week. No need to follow the schedule - exactly as written - even though it is very hard for me NOT to do that! I'm breaking myself of it. LOL!

Dana - that is great about the dr. My PCP left the practice I was going to. I hate the office so I'm going to leave as well, but it is so hard to find a good PCP. I am due to go in December so I will have to get on finding someone since it can take up to 6 months to get an appointment.

Waves, Christine! And Buffmama!

Happy Friday!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-23, 08:17 AM  
furmomof6

Good morning,

Prevention Total Body Tone

This one was 23 minutes, including a short stretch at the end. It was half standing, half floor work. The standing moves were either 4 limb, or just upper body. It moved at a very fast past but I went at my own speed. Once again, the instructor never stopped talking. I don't think I can deal with that much longer. I liked the floor work, it reminded me of Pilates. Overall it was okay.

Carol, I think what Donna said was perfect. I'm not even interested in doing anything intense anymore. If what I like is considered "old lady" then we're in the same club. Prayers you don't get any flooding!

Dana, I'm glad you like your new PCP!

Donna, you're not getting lazy! Nothing wrong with just a dog walk once in a while. You're one of the most consistent people I know with exercise.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-23, 09:59 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post

Dana - that is great about the dr. My PCP left the practice I was going to. I hate the office so I'm going to leave as well, but it is so hard to find a good PCP. I am due to go in December so I will have to get on finding someone since it can take up to 6 months to get an appointment.

Donna
Took me several months to find new PCP, and she only takes 1 new patient per month so I had to wait almost 4 months for the appt. Worth it though.
Old 06-02-23, 07:58 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workouts were

Outdoor Walk - 30 minutes
Improved Health - 20 Minute All-in-One Workout - 24 minutes & Stronger Core on the Floor - Level Four - 14 minutes

Both of these were new to me. The All-in-One Workout was set up with a 5 minute warmup, 10 minutes of one minute intervals alternating fast walking, jogging or running (your choice) with one minute strength intervals with dumbbells. This was topped off with a 5 minute cooldown and a 4 minute stretch. The strength intervals were generally compound moves involving balance. I don't know if you would call what I was doing jogging or running, but I was definitely sparkling when I finished.

The Core Workout was another in Jules' core series and was the toughest one yet. It was not Cathe tough, but it was a good challenge. Jules finished with a 75 second plank and a few Russian twists.

We had another 1 to 2 inches of rain this afternoon. We literally had fish swimming down one of our main streets from a playa lake overflowing. Supposedly there's another round on the way for later tonight and good chances of rain the next couple of days as well. Streets are closed all over town. I've never seen anything like it. It's hard out here to turn up your nose at rain chances, but I am almost there.

Christine - You're right. My joints hurt enough without me working out hard. My workout today wasn't exactly easy, but it was do-able and fun. Lately the stuff I've done from Jessica just hasn't been very fun for me.

Donna - It's just hard for me to admit that I can't workout at the level that I used to. I think Jessica Valant had a podcast on that and I obviously need to go back and listen to it again.

Happy weekend!

Carol

Tags
pilates, wall pilates