Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-23, 09:59 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Carol, was Build I.T. a low impact cardio workout? I assume that you liked it since you'd do it again? I suppose I can preview it, but getting someone else's input is so much more fun.

I forgot that I have an early morning appt. tomorrow morning and will probably not have the time to work out beforehand, especially that I'll have to go to the office after that.

Good night all!
Old 05-30-23, 10:42 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I have renewed my subscription to VF today and I've paid the dues but for some reason, it's not reflected under my login. I wonder what's going on here and where the money had actually gone to.
Old 05-31-23, 08:07 AM  
furmomof6

Hello!

Prevention: Fit & Firm Foundation

This is from Prevention's 8 week Toning Transformation set that I bought on whim thanks to the ads that pop up because the internet knows me, lol. I liked it, but the instructor never - stops - talking!! That was annoying. It was advertised as 20 minutes, but this was actually 27 minutes. It was a mix of basic lower body moves, and upper body with weights/towel, all standing. It sort of reminded me of Slim in 6 with the side leg lifts, standing core and upper body. I'm not sure if I'll follow this plan, or mix some of these workouts in with Pilates. I can't stay away from Pilates!

Dana, I swear by Pilates to get rid of my back pain. I'm glad the Trifecta workouts are helping with that!

Donna, I'm so glad you can continue working from home.

Carol, nice combo! Pilates is always such a nice addition to stretch things out and feel good.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-23, 08:42 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see...yesterday I did get out for a dog walk and I did a short Pilates from Trifecta Pilates using the Pilates ring. Then, DD wanted to walk in the evening, so we did about an hour long walk. I'm sure once she starts her summer camp job she will not want to walk in the evenings (after being active and outdoors all day, I guess I can't blame her) so I may as well take advantage now.

On the BF Drama front - My DD didn't say anything while walking and I didn't ask - I figure I asked once or twice already - and didn't want to bug her. She also seemed like her usual self so I guess they worked out whatever was going on.

Today, so far:

Improved Health - Low Impact Walk - Day # 7 of the Interval Series. I did enjoy this series, but it gets repetitive with the same moves/music. But I can see how the set up is beneficial - over 7 days you do 2 days of intervals, 1 long steady state, 1 recovery/easier walk, 1 rest, and 2 short steady states. It seems like a good formula to follow for cardio fitness. I think i will move on the the 2nd series next.

Improved Health - Day # 25 of the 25 Day Strength Program. This was lower body. I really enjoyed doing these over the past 5 days. I am considering starting the program from the beginning and running through the whole thing. Although the workouts do not seem very hard I think there is value to the "little bit every day" philosophy and starting small and growing. We'll see. For this series she has you doing short 10-15 min strength workouts 5 days a week - with 2 recovery/rest days. I am going to take the next day or two off from strength and then decide if I want to start with Day # 1 or move on to her 5 day strength series (which is more advanced) or repeat Days 21-25 again.

I hope to walk outdoors and stretch/Pilates/Yoga later.

Christine - that sounds like an interesting series. I am off to look it up -not that I need anything new, that is for sure.

Dana - you are showing as "VF Supporter" - is that what you meant? I do worry about the future of VF. I hope it doesn't go away. I guess a lot of people use Facebook, but I have so far resisted joining and I really don't want to.

Carol - thanks for the info on Build so far! I have been meaning to do that new Pilates routine from Jessica.

Hope everyone is off to a good start today!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-23, 08:54 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post

Dana - you are showing as "VF Supporter" - is that what you meant? I do worry about the future of VF. I hope it doesn't go away. I guess a lot of people use Facebook, but I have so far resisted joining and I really don't want to.
Yes, I emailed Wendy last night and she must have just fixed it because it wasn't showing 30 min ago. I guess she is alive and well, as she's showing as being online now.

I feel the same about FB. I joined maybe 15 years ago for about a week. I took a look around and I left. I also requested that my account be deleted. Took 30 seconds to sign up and 2 weeks for the account to actually be deleted.
Old 05-31-23, 03:23 PM  
furmomof6

Donna, Sorry to enable! I found this clip on Facebook (it's public even if you don't have an account) that shows a bit of the program. I previewed a bunch of the workouts and while I did like the one I tried today, it's definitely nothing new. I got it for $11 with my Amazon bonus points (I think full price it's around $24).

https://www.facebook.com/preventionm...1177205018937/

Dana, I'm glad it got fixed. I see sweet Oliver now!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-23, 06:38 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Hi everyone!

Carol, was Build I.T. a low impact cardio workout? I assume that you liked it since you'd do it again? I suppose I can preview it, but getting someone else's input is so much more fun.

I forgot that I have an early morning appt. tomorrow morning and will probably not have the time to work out beforehand, especially that I'll have to go to the office after that.

Good night all!
As Jessica did the workout, no, it was not a low impact cardio workout. There were modifications offered to make it low impact (or maybe I just did my own modifications, I don't exactly remember). The workout was structured with 7 intervals - 2 60 second intervals, 2 45 second intervals, 2 30 second intervals, and I don't remember the length of the "bonus" interval. The recovery period was twice as long as the interval period.

HTH,

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-23, 06:31 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Build Interval I.T. - 30min
Trifecta Deep Core - 10min

Thanks, Carol for info on Interval I.T. Yes, it was easy to modify this to low impact which is what I did. I liked this workout too, and so far, I'm really liking this program. Looking forward to tomorrow's workout.

Trifecta Deep Core was a rare miss for me. It moved very slowly and I felt nothing in my core. Kind of wasted time.

This morning I have an appt. with my new primary doctor for my annual check up. I hope she's good or at least better than my last one. I've been searching for a new primary physician for almost a year, and I am surprised how hard it was to find someone that checked all, well most, of the boxes. We'll see how it goes.

Hi to Donna and Christine!
Old 06-01-23, 07:31 AM  
buffmama

Dana - I also did Trifecta's Deep Core this morning and it just didn't meet my expectations although I did feel my core by the end.
Old 06-01-23, 07:43 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday my only add-on was a dog walk.

Today, so far:

Trifecta Pilates - Block Connect - I did enjoy this one and the way she used the yoga blocks. I can tell i have been slacking on Pilates as I feel very out of alignment.

Dana and Buffmama - was the one you did w/ the wall? I'm not a fan of using the wall as a prop so I will probably skip that one.

Christine - thanks for the enablement!

Waves, Carol.

I did succumb and sign up for Jessica's All Access Pass. I'm not going to do Build right now - I do want to continue with Improved Health for a little while longer with the 10-15 min per day of strength training, some cardio and Pilates. When I get bored with that I'll jump into Build. I do like the site, and it is nice to have everything in one place and it does sound like she will be adding extras and new workouts/programs.

Happy Friday Eve!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pilates, wall pilates