Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-05-22, 09:53 AM  
T2B

Also fyi, your order/shipping confirmation may go directly to your junk folder. 😀

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-22, 10:25 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Like Jello, there's always room for more.

Like rescuing a cat or dog, there's plenty of room and food to take in another.
Oh gosh, you shouldn't have said that. I have two cats, and that's supposed to be the limit (one person, two hands, two cats). But there's a senior kitty at the shelter who I've had my eye on. I know I've got room for her, but I might be moving in a few months (the real reason to reduce the dvd collection) and I just see more chaos.
Old 10-05-22, 12:46 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Every time I try to check the sale items, my internet explorer shut down on my tablet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Same. I couldn’t get it to work using the tip upthread (changing the number of dvds loading). I still haven’t been able to look at the listings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
The tip didn't work for me either, maybe it is a sign to not buy more DVDs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Did you try a different browser?
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
I had to go to Mary’s site like usual and then click on the Weekly Specials to view. I had already placed an order but I like the look of the TLT workouts so may place another order.
In addition to the above suggestions from Van and T2B, your tablet might need an update for either the operating system or the app you use as a browser.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-22, 04:47 PM  
Hsim

Even though I told my daughter that I am not buying any more DVDs because the future is streaming, I went ahead and bought 3 at Mary's sale.
There is not much I want but some Tlt's (Tracy Long) and Patrick presents Kickboxing caught my eye.

I swear I will not buy any more DVDs!
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-22, 07:31 PM  
Jules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsim View Post
Even though I told my daughter that I am not buying any more DVDs because the future is streaming, I went ahead and bought 3 at Mary's sale.
There is not much I want but some Tlt's (Tracy Long) and Patrick presents Kickboxing caught my eye.

I have Patrick's Kickbox Burn and it is fantastic! You won't be sorry.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-22, 08:34 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:

I literally just said the same thing but then I saw the Tonique Sunrise set and the Michelle Dozois set -- but now I'm waffling. I haven't done either off those in a few years so I'm not sure...but those are great prices!!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-22, 11:33 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Thanks all for the suggestions!

Bzar, I checked and my operating system is updated automatically, not sure how to check if the browser needs an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
I had to go to Mary’s site like usual and then click on the Weekly Specials to view. I had already placed an order but I like the look of the TLT workouts so may place another order.
This worked, thanks!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-22, 02:44 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:

Not to enable you , but i just did that Patrick presents with Heather Corndorff and still really enjoy it---the segments can be mixed and matched and offers a lot of flexibility. Heather is a good presenter and is encouraging without being over the top.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-22, 02:48 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
Oh gosh, you shouldn't have said that. I have two cats, and that's supposed to be the limit (one person, two hands, two cats). But there's a senior kitty at the shelter who I've had my eye on. I know I've got room for her, but I might be moving in a few months (the real reason to reduce the dvd collection) and I just see more chaos.
Oh, two cats isn't enough. We had one and went to the shelter for another. DH said "only one and no kittens" and we came home with two cats, one of which is a kitten. It's happy chaos and our three are thick as thieves despite having never met each other before we brought the two new guys home.

Bless you for looking at taking in a senior cat.

ETA: back on topic, I resisted buying anything at the Total Fitness sale, but did cave at the OriActive sale, so Mary got some of my money.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-22, 05:24 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
I'm a one-cat woman so I made sure to adopt a cat that couldn't be adopted into a home with other cats or pets so that I wouldn't feel bad about kitty being without buddies.

I love senior kitties! This is my first senior cat adoption (I adopted him at age 13 and he's now 18). Medical costs have been high with him (partly due to age), so it's good I only have the one because I don't think I could afford a second. And coordinating his care when I go on a trip can be challenging though I have a team now.

But kitty is so worth it He's so gentle and loves cuddling, laying in the sun and being a coach potato in general. I know a bit about his history from the shelter so I'm pretty sure he's just glad to be back in a permanent home situation.

I had a master bathroom remodel coming up when I first was looking to adopt, and I managed to hold off going to actually meet potential cats for several months until the bathroom work began and was completed because I didn't want to adopt a cat and then have to lock him away somewhere in the house while all the demo noise was going on and with strangers coming in/out of the house. I thought it would be a chaotic way to start things off, but he probably would have managed.

He did settle into our home right away, though I noticed it took about a year for him to get used to every single noise that we (and the house) make. It's not that he was ever skittish (well, he was a bit skittish around guests in the very beginning); it just took him awhile to catalog away in his kitty brain all our "regular" house and human noises. He had been in two homes prior to me adopting him but apparently every home has different noises.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mary's sale, totalfitnessdvds.com