Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-20-22, 07:36 PM  
fatkat555

Udaya Yoga
Fitness Favorites (Anna Benson Firm, Fitprime)
Leah Sarago

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 11:12 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Ellen Barrett
Essentrics TV

I did a half price sub to Jill Miller, but I'm not using it enough and will probably cancel it.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 12:55 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I just signed up for Lindsay Brin's streaming and so far I like it a lot. Lots of programs/calendars to choose from. https://studio.momsintofitness.com
Interesting! This has been on my radar and I've gone to the site a few times thinking I might pull the trigger but so far I haven't. One thing that gives me pause is when watching the free video, the audio quality is not so good, very echoey. I'm not sure it would bother me during the actual workouts as I'd be busy and likely distracted 😅Any opinions on this?
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 01:45 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
One thing that gives me pause is when watching the free video, the audio quality is not so good, very echoey. I'm not sure it would bother me during the actual workouts as I'd be busy and likely distracted 😅Any opinions on this?
There may have been a slight echo on couple of the videos but honestly, I enjoy the workouts so much that until you've just mentioned it now, I didn't even remember it. She's got a free trial, why not give it a try and see if it will bother you?
Old 01-21-22, 01:48 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Cathe Live
Essentrics TV

Tried Ellen Barrett and KCM but I was only doing Cathe and Essentrics, so I cancelled them. Ellen just didn't have long enough new content for my taste and KCM didn't have enough varied content for me either. I kept doing older KCM workouts that I already had on DVD (and with Lauren the best modifier ever, and better music).
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 04:13 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

https://mossaondemand.net/catalog
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 04:23 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
There may have been a slight echo on couple of the videos but honestly, I enjoy the workouts so much that until you've just mentioned it now, I didn't even remember it. She's got a free trial, why not give it a try and see if it will bother you?
She's doing 30% off the first month right now too. $10 for 5 weeks isn't bad I'm going to sign up tomorrow because I already worked out today.�� I like that she has so many plans to follow. I do best when I don't have to think about what is on the menu for the day's workout.

I've never subscribed to a streaming site before. I thought I would eventually bite on Cathe Live but the amount of content is overwhelming and I forsee myself wasting a LOT of time choosing a workout each day.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 04:39 PM  
sillygirl

• FitOn (free!)
  • Openfit (live and on-demand classes, programs, and challenges, great Facebook community)
  • barre3 (constantly adding new on-demand classes)
  • The Balanced Life Sisterhood (love Pilates)
  • Brooke Burke Body (low impact)
  • FableticsFIT (free for Fabletics VIP members)
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-22, 07:50 PM  
AZY
VF Supporter

Pilates by Lisa
Holden Qi Gong

Enjoy both of these….
AZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 02:17 PM  
loverly7

It depends on what you enjoy. Right now I have six, which really seems excessive when I say it out loud, lol. I’m sure you all understand though. I have:

Les Mills + I love this one and always renew for the year.

Shine Dance Fitness — I love this, really fun dance workouts, two new workouts each week, real music, it’s great. I always subscribe for a year at a time.

The Fitness Marshall (Booty Army) —This one subscribes through YouTube. It’s great, really fun dance workouts, and awesome music. I always laugh during these workouts.

Obe Fitness — I have a year subscription for this one. There is SO MUCH variety on here, lots of different types of workouts, different fitness levels, live workouts, on demand workouts, “replay” workouts (which are the live versions you can watch one time after they play). The biggest complaint anyone seems to have with them is that while you sign up online, you must call them during their business hours if you want to cancel.

Peloton Digital (app) — I received a free one year subscription to this from United Healthcare insurance. It’s okay, but I rarely use it and have no intention of keeping it once the year is up.

Inner Dimension TV (Travis Eliot streaming yoga) — If you enjoy yoga from Travis, this is a great streaming service to have. It’s very high quality yoga from him and his wife, and there are a few other yoga instructors with classes as well.

While not an actual streaming fitness site, something to consider which I have is the paid YouTube service. YouTube Premium will remove the obnoxious commercials, so if you enjoy YouTube workouts but the ads bother you (they drove me bonkers), you could get a LOT of ad-free workout options by having YouTube Premium. I always used to scoff at people who paid for this, until I tried a one month free trial, and once I had it there was no way I was going to go back to not having it.

Some that I used to have:

Beachbody On Demand — I enjoyed their older stuff, but they didn’t always have all the older workouts available. I’m not a fan of their newer stuff, especially considering they don’t have music included on it. Ugh. I’m not a member with them anymore.

Jazzercise On Demand — I enjoyed their workouts, but they had a lot of canned music on there and that annoys me a lot. For what you pay for their service, they could and should have much better music.

Booya Fitness — I tried them out but didn’t care for them. Their customer service was very helpful.

Udaya Yoga — I didn’t care much for them, at all. I expected to really enjoy them, but I only used them a couple of times and really didn’t like them.

Please let us know what you end up trying and how you like it.
loverly7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
streaming reviews, streaming services