Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-04-21, 07:45 AM  
DawnMarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
Last night I did the Hare.

I’ve been Firming again for 3 months now. I’ve lost 8 lbs!! Not bad for a peri/menopausal situation! I’d like to get 6-8 lbs off in addition so I’m keeping up with my Firms.

I should also state that I love all things barre, but I hit a wall and needed some comfort workouts so I returned to the Firm. Now I’ll alternate some days with barre.
I LOVE The Hare. Congrats on your weight loss.

Tuesday I did an Ellen Barrett's Four Elements Flow.
Wednesday I did Ellen Barrett's Walking with Weights

Checking in today with 25 minutes of waking with Leslie and Lower Body Sculpt 2. Obviously, this is not killer workout by any means, but Libby, (and Leslie too), make you feel like you're working out with friends.
Old 11-04-21, 08:17 AM  
Venus

Wednesday's workout was:

The Firm: Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn with Alison Davis
Yoga with Adriene: Yoga for Abdominal Wall 13 min

I remember Dreading this Firm workout- I think it's all the lunges. It wasn't so bad this time. My favorite is the sports drills section. It might be the music, the moves, or because I know it's near the end It's a good workout, anyway, and I was sweaty by the end.

I think I will only be posting my Firm days (3x/week), though I'll be working out 5-6x/week.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-21, 09:55 AM  
gladgirl

Well, yesterday was one of those days...at work! Did not get home till very late. Was too tired, too hungry and too unmotivated to workout.
But I got in tons of steps throughout the day, so I am not beating myself up over missing my workout. (like in days past)

I really like Hare, also. Need to find my copy. and Tortoise, too

You all are motivating and doing well. Have a great day.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-21, 04:36 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

The day almost got away from me (Day 4) but I managed Stephanie's Weight Watcher Time Crunch (Total Body) workout. I had previously done the Upper and Lower Body sections last week, and these were all wonderful at only ten minutes each. Very thorough warmup and cooldown and tubing is used here. It's more concise than the PowerFits, and just as beneficial! I did them each twice through, so equal to PowerFits at twenty minutes just to hit the muscles with more reps. I also did Leslie's (Jenny Craig) Brisk Walk and the backgrounders aren't especially enthusiastic, but real folks, ha! I'm not one to smile for the camera, either.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-21, 05:21 PM  
Karla25

Today was Cross Trainers Super Sculpting It was just what I needed today! It's almost 50 minutes and suitable for beginners-advanced since you can use whatever weights you want here.

I followed it with Audrey Krafft's Spinal Stretch & Release from YouTube. It is a 30 minute seated stretch that also stretches your shoulders, arms and legs. It's very relaxing. I provided the link in blue if you want to check out her stretching programs.
Old 11-04-21, 05:40 PM  
gladgirl

Red face

Today was V5. Seems many are not so fond of this one , but I like it. Am so tired. Calling an early good night!
Old 11-04-21, 08:43 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
Today was V5. Seems many are not so fond of this one , but I like it. Am so tired. Calling an early good night!
I had to view the clip from Mary's website to refresh my memory of this one. It looks like LaReine's pace is a little fast when doing Tall Box Climbs with heavier weights. That would be a disaster waiting to happen for me, if I wasn't familiar with the choreography. I do appreciate the FIRMs that are lower impact though, so the sculpt workouts appeal to me more than the FIRMs that have a cardio focus.

I was tired today too...before I even did a workout at all!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 08:36 AM  
gladgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I had to view the clip from Mary's website to refresh my memory of this one. It looks like LaReine's pace is a little fast when doing Tall Box Climbs with heavier weights. That would be a disaster waiting to happen for me, if I wasn't familiar with the choreography. I do appreciate the FIRMs that are lower impact though, so the sculpt workouts appeal to me more than the FIRMs that have a cardio focus.

I was tired today too...before I even did a workout at all!
My tall box would be considered a short one! 😉
For me, tired is becoming a “season.”
Have a great day!
Old 11-05-21, 10:11 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I rediscovered V 5 about a month ago. I found that if I repeated the first section as you once did with the VHS tape that I got a really good workout. It was just as challenging as any of the original Firms. I did make one change. On the 2nd go round I did plies instead of squats, and lunges onto the short box instead of tall box work. The ab work and floor leg work is really challenging.
Old 11-05-21, 11:30 AM  
Karla25

This morning was FIRM Parts Aerobic Butt Busters. It's a fun 32 minute workout. I especially enjoyed seeing some of the young background exercisers that would later become FIRM lead instructors in other workouts.

I followed it with Classical Stretch 1024 which is an all floor waist and ab stretch. Miranda's cuing could have been better in a couple of places, but it complimented the aerobic portion nicely.

Tags
awt, circuit training, circuit workouts, firm, firm history, firm rotation, janet jones gretzky, the firm