Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-01-21, 01:05 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarie View Post
How heavy is the ball in this one? It's one of the few Firms I do not own.
The background exercisers use different weight balls in this one. When I bought the dvd it included the 8 pound soft ball. But I normally just use a 6 pound ball when I do this workout. You could use a 4 lb. or 2 lb. ball if you want- depending on what feels best for you. BTW- I think this workout is really fun!
Old 11-01-21, 02:19 PM  
DawnMarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
The background exercisers use different weight balls in this one. When I bought the dvd it included the 8 pound soft ball. But I normally just use a 6 pound ball when I do this workout. You could use a 4 lb. or 2 lb. ball if you want- depending on what feels best for you. BTW- I think this workout is really fun!
Thank you! I may be on the lookout for it.
Old 11-01-21, 02:31 PM  
kat999

Today I did Bust and Butt, which is a compilation of several late-era original series. The focus is on pushups, upright rows, French press, and lots of lunges and dips. No tall box climbs, which is nice, but there is also a challenging abs segment. I used 4, 6, and 8 lbs., plus the green Sculpting Stick in lieu of a barbell.
Old 11-01-21, 03:05 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Today I did Stephanie's Power Fit (Chest, Triceps and Butt) workout. She moves quickly between exercises and I subbed the flat latex band with Leslie's Miracle Miles band for most exercises, with a few modifications. Sometimes I was pausing the DVD between exercises to set up the band. Doing some of the floorwork on hands and knees, I didn't have enough padding with just a yoga mat (on top of tile flooring) so will grab a thicker mat for future workouts. It's been so long since I've done these, it took me a bit to get with the flow. Stephanie is so sweet and adorable, though.

I'm also adding daily walks to the mix. Last month I used mostly Leslie walks, so for November I switched to Jenny Ford's Walk Across America. Today was the Detroit, Michigan walk 16/50 since that's where I think I left off the last time I did these. On the days I don't have time for 30 minute walks, I'll grab something else.

I like Tina's ball workout, too! So, I've pulled that one out to give it a try again.

This will be fun!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 04:12 PM  
leigh1673

My plan for Nov and Dec is to rotate Firms and cardio (mostly Jessica, Leslie and Ellen Barrett).

I just re-subscribed to Gaia and have done 3 "Pink" firms in the past week - Total Body Time Crunch, Hi-def Sculpt and Total Body Toner. They are more challenging than I remember! I especially like Total Body Toner.

I'm planning to start incorporating the classics in the week ahead!
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 05:10 PM  
wendug

Today I did Hard Core Fusion which I found on Daily Motion. I need to order this for my collection as I really enjoyed it.

This thread has inspired me to bring my Wave out of storage and do those workouts again. It's been stored away for about 4 years now so it has been quite a while. The last couple of months I've been doing the BSS series workouts and repurchased some that I had traded away (Ah, the saga of being a vidiot. )
Old 11-01-21, 05:34 PM  
gladgirl

Hello and how fun is this going to be!!!

I am shooting for 3 FIRM workouts per week. I will still be happy with two.
I have V1 and 5 for this week. My FIRM days will be Tues. Thurs. and Sat.
The other days will be my treadmill, cardio coach, Leslie, Callanetics, a step workout or some easier cardio. Shooting for 40-60 min on these.
I’m going to do 10-20 min Abs/stretch on cardio days.
Today it was a treadmill walk.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 05:34 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post

I just re-subscribed to Gaia and have done 3 "Pink" firms in the past week - Total Body Time Crunch, Hi-def Sculpt and Total Body Toner. They are more challenging than I remember! I especially like Total Body Toner.
Those are some of my favorites !! yes, more challenging that I'd expect.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 11:04 PM  
Venus

I also plan to alternate Firm and cardio workouts for November. I will be adding Pilates (on cardio days) and daily yoga. I'll do Firm workouts Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Cardio and Pilates on Tuesday, Thursday. Weekends will be yoga only with an optional cardio or lower body day depending on my energy level.

Today I did:
The Firm: Ultimate Fat Burning Workout with Alison Davis
Yoga with Adriene: Yoga for Comfort and Nourishment 26 min
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 11:12 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

PowerFit Rotations

If anyone is interested in doing a specific PowerFit rotation here's a link that might be helpful. Stephanie created rotations that combine the sets and you can do one, two or three workouts per day. Or, you can choose to only do one set at a time and there are rotations for that, too! A lighter rotation combines walking on alternate days.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...erfit+rotation

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=169257

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awt, circuit training, circuit workouts, firm, firm history, firm rotation, janet jones gretzky, the firm