Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-18-21, 11:43 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I watched these clips a second time because I didn’t remember a lot of the impact that Lori saw. After watching a second time, I still saw very little impact. Guess we all look at things differently. As someone who only does low impact these days, I’m really happy I preordered these!
I tore my meniscus last February by doing KCM's side to side and then jump backward to forward while squatting move in her kickboxing, so for me, the jumping jacks and side to side jumps are too much impact. I still can't do any impact now nearly a year later.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-21, 12:15 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
You can't cancel your order?

Hmmm. Maybe I can.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-21, 12:21 PM  
manleym

Thanks jetlitis for posting Kelly's email address and message. I didn't receive the confirmation number for my pre-order, and even submitted a message on her website but never heard back. I emailed her and she responded that my order had been received. I think I mis-typed my email address (hurrying) when placing the order. That could be why I didn't receive the confirmation email.

Thanks for posting the preview links, Rhonda. I'm looking forward to giving them a try!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-21, 01:41 PM  
s2546

I think these look great

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-21, 11:05 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I really wish I would have seen those clips before I ordered.

Thank goodness for VF Roost.
If you can’t cancel, please let me know. I’d be interested.

I don’t post about Kelly because of he last time I did, one of her “fans” from here told Kelly I was dishin’ her (which I was not, actually the opposite).
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-21, 06:34 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I tore my meniscus last February by doing KCM's side to side and then jump backward to forward while squatting move in her kickboxing, so for me, the jumping jacks and side to side jumps are too much impact. I still can't do any impact now nearly a year later.
Oh no! This is from the Lean workout of Strong & Lean, right? This section feels a little awkward to me. Sometimes I jump, sometimes I just step depending on how I feel. Sorry you are still dealing with the injury a year later!
Old 11-23-21, 10:13 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Oh no! This is from the Lean workout of Strong & Lean, right? This section feels a little awkward to me. Sometimes I jump, sometimes I just step depending on how I feel. Sorry you are still dealing with the injury a year later!
Bingo! Yes, that's exactly where it happened to me. I had done it a few times prior and it felt awkward, but then I really squatted too much and jump to the side and landed with my knee too far out of alignment. I'm nearly 48 and in the height of perimenopause, so my joints just aren't what they used to be. I hate that I had to learn it the hard way that just one quick move that I'm used to doing could tear my meniscus! And yep, now nearly a year (!) later I still can't do any impact and I can't even bend down on my knee anymore without it hurting. I did some PT and continue to do it at home, but nothing has healed it entirely. Just something I think I'm stuck with now.

I have been doing KCM workouts since she first put out DVDs, and my favorite cardio had always been KCM (including Amped Up Cardio, my all-time fav!) but now I can't figure out enough modifications to do her cardio. And her weight work lately hurts my wonky shoulder, also a result of doing a burpee and then lifting too heavy of a weight. I pulled my lower back last year lifting too heavy of a weight too quickly. Seems like all my injuries are simply the result of thinking I'm still 25...
Old 11-24-21, 09:21 AM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Bingo! Yes, that's exactly where it happened to me. I had done it a few times prior and it felt awkward, but then I really squatted too much and jump to the side and landed with my knee too far out of alignment. I'm nearly 48 and in the height of perimenopause, so my joints just aren't what they used to be. I hate that I had to learn it the hard way that just one quick move that I'm used to doing could tear my meniscus! And yep, now nearly a year (!) later I still can't do any impact and I can't even bend down on my knee anymore without it hurting. I did some PT and continue to do it at home, but nothing has healed it entirely. Just something I think I'm stuck with now.

I have been doing KCM workouts since she first put out DVDs, and my favorite cardio had always been KCM (including Amped Up Cardio, my all-time fav!) but now I can't figure out enough modifications to do her cardio. And her weight work lately hurts my wonky shoulder, also a result of doing a burpee and then lifting too heavy of a weight. I pulled my lower back last year lifting too heavy of a weight too quickly. Seems like all my injuries are simply the result of thinking I'm still 25...
Ugh! So sorry. I chuckled a little with you when you listed your injuries/aches and pains from doing what we love.

I also tore my meniscus but during a kickboxing certification. The thoughtless certification leader chose a venue that had yoga mats as flooring and well after a full day of pivoting and kicking and punching I crawled upstairs, literally, and a year later had surgery.

I herniated a disc doing a kettlebell workout using a bell that was too heavy and so on and so on.

Lori I had surgery on my knee and my surgeon said no to squats and now I can’t rest a barbell on my shoulders because it hurts my twingy back, we try and try.

Lori any consideration for surgery? Not only can I workout, not at my former level, but without pain. Well knee pain anyway.
Old 11-24-21, 09:05 PM  
Lori_Michigan

[QUOTE=hedygs;2947780
Lori any consideration for surgery? Not only can I workout, not at my former level, but without pain. Well knee pain anyway.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, not yet, but my doctor said if after a year of doing my PT exercises and no improvement that it's something I should consider. Sure glad you're doing better!
Old 11-26-21, 02:57 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Hmmm, not yet, but my doctor said if after a year of doing my PT exercises and no improvement that it's something I should consider. Sure glad you're doing better!
Hoping it heals without but…

I suffered for one year before I considered surgery. I looked for a sports medicine surgeon. When I was in recovery my pain was gone already. It was amazing.

Tags
30 minute splits, 30 minutes to fitness, dvd, kcm, kcm power splits, kelly coffey meyer, new exercise dvd's