Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-22-18, 06:52 AM  
Rhonda

I wish I kept mine. I am looking but not finding a set
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-18, 06:53 AM  
Sara1000

One thing I'm liking about this set is, everyone goes at their own pace, the music is irrelevant, the instruction is given prior to the sets, so I can work out to this while listening to news etc.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-18, 08:16 AM  
donnamp

CoolGirlFitness - that is the funniest story!!! Thanks for sharing!!

This thread has inspired me, I'm going to dig out my set and watch it while I do Thanksgiving prep work.

I tend to do the same types of workouts over and over again and this one would definitely be a change of pace for me....

As I recall, the workouts are not too long - which is a plus, too.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-18, 09:48 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGirlinFl888 View Post
A couple of years ago I saw some at Big Lots for $3 a set. I was stunned by the low price but I already had a set so I passed it by but it was calling my name.... I love Big Lots and shop there often so I just happened to go past it again to look at it and a woman had scooped up all of the copies! There were 3 sets of them. I was kind of upset but then I said I had a chance and walked past it. I went back to get some candles because I love the BL candles for $5 for a huge candle. I saw the lady nearby, like she was menacing me with those sets in her basket. I was at that point glaring at her. She moved on. I stalked her. She walked away to get something. I grabbed a set out of her basket and rushed to the counter, paid for it and ran out the store lol. Wow the insanity for real!!
Too funny!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-18, 10:23 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
I think back to that moment and sometimes cringe. Not my proudest moment but something got ahold of me. That price though! $3!!! I have purchased vids that I already have because I found it 50 cents at a book sale. There was a book sale whereas they have fitness videos 3 for 50 cents. I mean come on! Of course I purchased some vids lol. That lady at BL had a few other sets already in there so I figured what was the loss? When I see low prices for fitness videos or equipment wow I kind of can't help myself. I did think about her after I left like wait, is one set missing? LOL Yep!
I wonder if that lady was a VFer lol! Hilarious story!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-18, 10:07 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I wish I kept mine. I am looking but not finding a set
The set is on amazon. Not very cheap but available.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-18, 11:00 AM  
anjabear

I see it for 23.00 on Amazon right now
anjabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-18, 02:48 PM  
jennstar

Quote:
I think back to that moment and sometimes cringe. Not my proudest moment but something got ahold of me. That price though! $3!!! I have purchased vids that I already have because I found it 50 cents at a book sale. There was a book sale whereas they have fitness videos 3 for 50 cents. I mean come on! Of course I purchased some vids lol. That lady at BL had a few other sets already in there so I figured what was the loss? When I see low prices for fitness videos or equipment wow I kind of can't help myself. I did think about her after I left like wait, is one set missing? LOL Yep!

This is hilarious!! I just let out the biggest loudest laugh. I understand where you were coming from lol!
jennstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-18, 05:13 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

that is really funny, coolgirl! serves her right for hoarding!

i spent the better part of this morning searching VF threads about when i actually purchased mine. i couldn't find my post.

there is a really long thread* that i posted to back then, deciding whether to buy it from BB&B or Walgreens. i ended by buying it for $19.99 + tax from Walgreens because it was taking forever for BB&B to get it in stock at their location in our city. after checking 2 other stores, i drove to the other side of the island and found it at a 3rd Walgreens store.

*this thread has 479 replies, with VFers posting about different places you could purchase it at and whether they found it or not! VFer's posts were about how the store clerks were unaware of the product's existence. gotta love VF.
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=160025

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-18, 07:34 PM  
Sara1000

So I've been using just the strength workouts from this set for the last two weeks and today I went back to Core Secrets, which I was doing before. I could really notice a strength gain - I upped the weights from what I had been using with Core Secrets before 90 Day Supreme, and even with the heavier weights it seemed easier. I think I will do a couple of weeks of 90DS periodically from now on
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
s90, supreme 90, supreme 90 day