Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-27-15, 05:21 PM  
bzbnmom

Please look at my FIRM rotation

I'm a complete FIRM newbie and all the FIRM talk on this forum got me wanting to try out my FIRM collection. I haven't used any of them except for Standing Legs, once. Can you tell me how my rotation looks? Anything I should change? I have less than 2 weeks left of my Ripped With HiiT Cathe rotation and I'd like to do 2-3 weeks of FIRM sometime in the next few months. Thanks. (I hope I'm not completely out of the ballpark with these. )

Mon: S – Tough Tape
Tues: C – Calorie Explosion
Wed: SU – Firm Parts Upper Body
Thurs:C/S – FitPrime Weights First
Fri: SL – Sculpted Buns, Hips, and Thighs
Sat: T – Cross Trainers Firm Strength
Sun: rest

Mon: S – FitPrime Strong Bear
Tues: C – Ignite
Wed: SU – WHFN FitPrime Upper Body Burn
Thurs:C/S – FitPrime Original Crunch Time
Fri: SL – Firm Parts Standing Legs
Sat: T – Total Body Shaping Mix

Mon: T – Maximum Body Shaping
Tues: C – FitPrime Fast Cheetah
Wed: T – Basics Sculpting With Weights
Thurs:C/S – FitPrime Weights First
Fri: S – FitPrime Strong Bear
Sat: C – Calorie Explosion or Ignite

In addition I have WHFN FitPrimes - Lean, Pump, and Metaboost.
bzbnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-15, 06:43 PM  
casey

I can make a few suggestions but just base them on how the workouts feel because I don't make my own rotations. I either do someone else's rotation or just "go by how I feel".

If you are doing the original Fitprime Weights First with Tracy Long, it's very leg intensive, as well as bicep and shoulder. So I would follow it with an easier cardio workout unless you don't mind doing floorwork the next day.

I wouldn't put these in a row "Fitprime Original Crunchtime, Firm Standing Legs and Firm Total Body Shaping Mix." I would take out Standing Legs and insert a cardio or replace one of the other two with Standing Legs and put cardio in the middle. Well if you did all three in a row you would probably be walking funny for a few days.

In your third week, I wouldn't make Original FitPrime Strong Bear and Weights First consecutive. Those are two of my very favorites but Weights First is killer legs and Strong Bear is heavier weights, all over including legs. Put something light in between them, a cardio or something.

HTH if you do a 3 week rotation you will get amazing results. Casey
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-15, 09:20 PM  
bzbnmom

Casey, thank you so much. This is just the kind of feedback I wanted. I have no idea how the workouts feel and pretty much was trying to get all of them squeezed into 3 weeks to experience them all so I'd know how to use them.
Old 01-29-15, 09:45 AM  
Sandrine

Hi, bzbnmom!
I've been mulling over your rotation, so I'm sorry it took so long to give you another response. You've put together a good rotation; I had a few ideas for tweaks that I hope you find helpful.

--I don't have a couple of the newer Firms you mentioned, so I'm not familiar with how much cardio they may actually contain. Since you do Cathe, and are new to the Firm, you may feel the need for more, or different cardio. I usually end up adding a day or 2 of non-Firm steady-state or interval-type cardio to any week of a Firm rotation.

--I second Casey's suggestion, for week 2. If you want to keep your original categories, switch Standing legs and Sculpted BHt, which (to me) is much easier. Plus, I like Upper Body and SL in the same week.

--Maybe switch Basics sculpting w/Tough Tape. Basics might serve as a good "intro" to Firming. But it would also be good for a day when you feel the need for something a bit lighter. I don't mean to imply that Tough Tape is a bad intro--Tracie Long uses great form and cues well.

--I like Fast Cheetah and Strong Bear in the same week; I did a rotation with just those 2 Fitprimes and some cardio and yoga last spring, and liked it.

--I'm not as familiar with the Fitprimes as with the Firms. I like them because they offer some very different movements and some interesting variations on familiar exercises. I didn't like them at all at first, but once I decided to keep an open mind, they're good workouts. So beware! (btw, for me, these did not preview well at all! The busy set on the originals bothered me, but once I did them, I didn't notice it.)

--Casey makes a good point: 3 weeks of this has the potential to give you great results! But, (not meaning to be negative) it also has the potential for a bit of burnout--it's an ambitious regimen, even for an advanced exerciser, which I'm guessing you are. I would encourage you to pay attention to your body each day, and not hesitate to throw in a non-Firm or 2 when you feel the need.

Anyway, hope this helps. Thanks for sharing; you've encouraged me to put these together in a way I haven't tried before!
Sandrine
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 11:34 AM  
Kellie

I'm just impressed that you're a total Firm newbie and you have a TON of Firm workouts!!
Kellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-15, 11:29 AM  
bzbnmom

Sandrine, thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. It's very helpful.

Kellie, I acquired most of them at a $2 ea sale. It was irresistable!

Tags
firm rotation, fitprime rotation, tracie long rotation