Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-04-14, 12:12 AM  
Genevieve M

can I ask a silly question about the totalfitness site?

Why would you order dvd's from this site vs. another? For example, folks seem to be all pumped about the beachbody 21-day program with Amber. Why don't you just order the set from Beachbody?

Signed,

Always Late to the Party
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-14, 12:30 AM  
Susan

I can't speak for anyone else, but in my case, it's all about Mary's stellar customer service.
Old 03-04-14, 12:32 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I can't speak for anyone else, but in my case, it's all about Mary's stellar customer service.
This.

Plus, if Mary orders for me, my personal information never goes anywhere near BeachBody if I tell her I'd rather it didn't.

(Their marketing habits/hard sell, etc., really turn me off. I've bought a few things through Mary's site that I wouldn't have purchased otherwise.)
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-14, 12:41 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i prefer that Mary get credit for my purchases from beachbody, basically, because like everyone said, she's a doll.

as a coach, she gets some sort of commission from beachbody, i'm sure. i'm fine with that - and she really deserves it.

and for non-beachbody stuff, she gives us a little discount and she has a rewards program that gives us a couple more dollars off.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-14, 12:51 AM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
That!

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-14, 01:40 AM  
lila_says

ALL of the above!
lila_says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-14, 03:25 AM  
juberann

One reason.........MARY
Old 03-04-14, 03:32 AM  
herya

I am overseas and buying is more complicated. Mary is excellent, she ships promptly and has very reasonable shipping charges, plus VF discount. Absolutely no fuss customer service, she's worth it.
Old 03-04-14, 07:07 AM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I have had issues ordering from Beachbody direct so prefer to order from Mary. Her customer service is wonderful.
Old 03-04-14, 07:40 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathym View Post
I have had issues ordering from Beachbody direct so prefer to order from Mary. Her customer service is wonderful.
This. I had an epic battle with Beachbody years ago, in the days when paying for super-duper expedited shipping meant your package went via mule train and wandered the country before washing up on your doorstep 2-3 weeks later. After that, I decided to order only through coaches, so they could deal with customer service. When I found out about Mary and TotalFitness, she became my go-to for BB and most DVD orders. I've had one package go missing (non-BB) and she replaced it, no questions asked. I also like the rewards points, the format of her site, her clips (longer with better resolution than Collage's)....

Last edited by athompson10; 03-04-14 at 09:44 AM. Reason: clarity, typos
athompson10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
totalfitnessdvds.com, totalfitnessdvds.net