Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-22-12, 08:31 AM  
Gardengirl

So.. can someone tell me how S90, Weider X-Factor, and Herbalife compare? Where to begin ....
Old 09-22-12, 08:38 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I am almost tempted by the S90 set, and I really don't need any more workouts. I think I saw the set at Target recently for under $20.

I looked at a clip on YouTube and the workouts look good. The setting is nice too, I never cared for the P90X setting even though the workouts are really good.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-12, 01:31 PM  
slysam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardengirl View Post
So.. can someone tell me how S90, Weider X-Factor, and Herbalife compare? Where to begin ....
I don't know anything about Herballife. But X-Factor and S90...

Weider X-Factor ST is an 8 week bodyweight program. There is a different workout for each week and the intention is that you do each workout 3 times a week with some other cardio or yoga of your own choice in between. The workouts are circuits where you do each exercise for a set interval (30 seconds, a minute, etc) then you move on to the next. You repeat the circuit twice. The only equipment you need is a mat if your floor is hard, but it does come with pushup handles (I didn't use them). The workouts get progressively harder as the weeks go on. It also comes with some bonus workouts, a "yoga" one that doesn't really seem like yoga to me, a total body challenge that looks really hard and I think could be used to extend it to a 9 week program. I think these work find as stand-alones as well. I actually kind of like this one a little more than S90. Similar to s90 the warmup and I think cooldown are the same every workout. I believe the workouts are about 45 minutes long and have a cardio effect for me. All workouts are full-body.

S90 is a 90 day program using circuits of weights. Depending on the workout you need weights, a mat, stability ball. The warmup and cooldown is the same. The workouts are similar in length to X-Factor and have a cardio effect for me. It isn't as fresh in my mind as x-factor. It has more variety in workouts and a more complicated schedule. I do not recall whether there were bonus workouts. I do feel it is a good one for people who already know how to do the exercises, are okay with pacing themselves and counting their own reps as all the demonstrators do it at a different pace and it moves pretty fast. If you are using heavy weights you may need to pause on occasion. These workouts are good as stand-alones as well. The strength workouts are sort of splits though.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-12, 04:01 PM  
Getfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I am almost tempted by the S90 set, and I really don't need any more workouts. I think I saw the set at Target recently for under $20.

I looked at a clip on YouTube and the workouts look good. The setting is nice too, I never cared for the P90X setting even though the workouts are really good.
S90 have been spotted at Big Lots for either $4 or $6. I have S90 and Weider but I have yet to try all the workouts. Too many workouts and not enough time
Old 09-22-12, 08:40 PM  
Gardengirl

Thanks Slysam! Both high intermediate?

Wonder why there's not much talk about the Herbalife program? Not many people jumped on that bandwagon I guess. Just wonder if Herbal is more of an intermediate level.
Old 09-23-12, 02:26 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Oh thanks so much for sharing that rotation, Donna!!!
For sure it seems more do-able to stick to something for 30 days vs. 90! (As you know, I have 'Exercise ADD' as it is already! LOL)

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-12, 06:34 AM  
donnamp

Val, I do too - about a month of something is all I can take!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-12, 07:59 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Uh oh. While looking at this on YouTube, I came across BeFit in 90. Do I remember seeing something about that here? I'd better check.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-12, 12:32 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Val, I do too - about a month of something is all I can take!

Donna
Exactly!

Joni,

BeFit is a great Youtube channel! They have their own 90 day workouts!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-12, 12:07 PM  
slysam

I don't do well with 3 month rotations either. Sadly, because I think that is probably about the right amount of time. But I break them into 4 week rotations for my exercise commitment-phobe mind to deal with. I have to be tough with myself to follow a four week rotation, but it is doable. Luckily 8 and 12 week rotations break nicely into 4 week rotations. I also take a leaf from the P90x rotation--they have you do one thing for 3 weeks (or is it four?), then a recovery week then the next phase. Sometimes I break it up further and do 4 weeks of rotation then a one week "recovery week" (maybe not recovery but a week doing something different and ideally fun or relaxing) then another 4 week.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
s90, supreme 90, supreme 90 day, tom holland