Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-20-12, 05:56 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I saw Supreme 90 at Big Lots for $4.00, so if you are interested, that is a price that can't be beat!
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 05:57 AM  
PeakFitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post

Ok, stupid question: If the moves are too slow, how exactly do you go on your own pace? Do you just hit pause and do the sets slower? It sounds a little annoying having to do that...I am however really tempted none the less!
They tell you to do 8 - 12 reps, and I could finish 8 at regular speed in the time the backgrounders were racing through 12. So I wouldn't pause the DVD, I would just count 8 reps.
Old 08-20-12, 05:59 AM  
PeakFitness

Liked: They are short

Dislike:
The backgrounders racing to finish while Tom is telling them to slow down, but they are ignoring him. It's annoying to watch him be ignored.

Having to count my own 8 reps (if I wanted to keep track I would do a buch of free paper workouts, not pay anything for a DVD.)

Tom Holland's constant non-stop, extemporaneous talking.

Because they use the same warmup in every DVD, sometimes the muscles you're working for that DVD are not even warmed up.

Tabada "Inferno" was such a disappointment, not challenging. Hardly an inferno. And I'm not super-advanced, but it was just so easy, even for me.

HATE that the cardio workout uses weights - just a pet peeve of mine, but I think cardio workouts should take a break from weights and be straight CARDIO workouts.
Old 08-21-12, 02:02 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakFitness View Post
They tell you to do 8 - 12 reps, and I could finish 8 at regular speed in the time the backgrounders were racing through 12. So I wouldn't pause the DVD, I would just count 8 reps.
Thanks for letting me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyskier View Post
I saw Supreme 90 at Big Lots for $4.00, so if you are interested, that is a price that can't be beat!
Oh no!.. I just paid 11$ from an Amazon seller!.. Oh well.. it's still a good price considering the amount of workouts I'll get.

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-12, 02:02 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakFitness View Post
Liked: They are short

Dislike:
The backgrounders racing to finish while Tom is telling them to slow down, but they are ignoring him. It's annoying to watch him be ignored.

Having to count my own 8 reps (if I wanted to keep track I would do a buch of free paper workouts, not pay anything for a DVD.)

Tom Holland's constant non-stop, extemporaneous talking.

Because they use the same warmup in every DVD, sometimes the muscles you're working for that DVD are not even warmed up.

Tabada "Inferno" was such a disappointment, not challenging. Hardly an inferno. And I'm not super-advanced, but it was just so easy, even for me.

HATE that the cardio workout uses weights - just a pet peeve of mine, but I think cardio workouts should take a break from weights and be straight CARDIO workouts.
Good to know!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

Old 08-30-12, 12:23 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Ok, I received the system in the mail today *yay*! Now, while I'm not ready to dive into them yet (I'm first planning to do a 30DS rotation for September), I have one question: What weight range did you use? My heaviest I have right now are 10 lbs, then going down to 8, 5, 3, 2 & 1. (I assume I won't need the low #'s?)

Old 09-21-12, 07:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi -

I'm curious - Val, did you ever do these? I have had the set for awhile, maybe a year or so and was thinking of giving it a go (finally).

Curious to know your thoughts since we tend to like the same workouts!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-12, 08:03 AM  
brownie123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodone View Post
For me the gems of this set are the cardio (tabata and cardio challenge) and the ball core workout. I did not care for the strength ones, but to get three solid workouts out of a $20 set, that's pretty good. The arm and leg workouts are okay. It's really the chest/back one that's like, huh? Way too fast. Too bad it's the first one on the rotation because it probably leaves a lingering bad taste in lots of people's mouths.
Love the cardios...short and sweet.
brownie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-12, 12:50 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi -

I'm curious - Val, did you ever do these? I have had the set for awhile, maybe a year or so and was thinking of giving it a go (finally).

Curious to know your thoughts since we tend to like the same workouts!

Donna
Hey Donna,

I got them but so far haven't done any of them!
I've heard from many though that they really liked them so I guess it's just a matter of me finally pulling them out and giving them a try..
Let me know if you do!

Old 09-22-12, 05:25 AM  
donnamp

Hi Val,

I will let you know - I'm thinking about it - I am feeling sort of bored, restless and at odds with every workout I try lately. So, hoping that doing this, which is a bit different from my usual, will bring some sort of enthusiasm?

A friend from another exercise group made it into a 30 workout rotation and I think I will follow her plan b/c I know that I will be really bored if I tried to do this (or anything!) for 90 days.

Here's how I plan to do it, with rest days, and days of other workouts interspersed - so it will take longer the 30 days:

> 1 Chest/Back
> 2 Ultimate Ball
> 3 Tabata Inferno
> 4 Shoulders/Arms
> 5 Cardio Challenge
> 6 Legs
> 7 Chest/Back
> 8 Ultimate Ball
> 9 Tabata Inferno
> 10 Shoulders/Arms
> 11 Cardio Challenge
> 12 Legs
>
> 13 Total Body
> 14 Core Dynamics
> 15 cardio my choice (or cardio challenge)
> 16 Total Body
> 17 Core Dynamics
> 18 cardio my choice (or cardio challenge)
>
> 19 lower body my choice (or legs)
> 20 cardio my choice (or cardio challenge)
> 21 Back/Bis
> 22 Ball workout my choice (or ultimate ball)
> 23 Tabata Inferno
> 24 Chest/Shoulders/Tris
> 25 lower body my choice (or legs)
> 26 cardio my choice (or cardio challenge)
> 27 Back/Bis
> 28 Ball workout my choice (or ultimate ball)
> 29 Tabata Inferno
> 30 Chest/Shoulders/Tris
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
s90, supreme 90, supreme 90 day, tom holland