Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-20-21, 07:06 AM  
Tugger31

I've struggled with my lower body all my life. For me the magic bullet was walking and floor work consistently. I dabbled with everything over the years, but it wasn't until an injury side-lined me that I ironically saw the results I was looking for. I did initially lose some strength, but it was also some bulk so I didn't mind. I was no longer allowed to do high impact or plyo so that helped I think too. I was really only allowed to do walking and some light leg work. My "program" consisted pretty much of walking and Ballet Beautiful. When I felt a big stronger I added in Cathe's Legs&Glutes, Lean Legs and Great Glutes but did it all unweighted and swapped out a few sets of squats for hip thrusts or step ups on the tall box. Over the years I have become quad dominant and wanted to shift my focus to glute dominant which also helps getting out of a chair!

For walking after surgery I could barely walk a mile (and I was doing Cathe before that) and just kept progressing. Now I walk about 3 miles at least 3 times a week one day I'll try to get in 4-5 and when the weather cooperates and I have the time I'll walk 7-9 miles every other week or so. I just listen to my body. For Ballet Beautiful I pretty much have all the dvds and just do 1 or 2 segments a few times a week, no set schedule just try to work each part of the leg evenly, however I usually make sure I do bridges at least twice a week if not more.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-21, 09:02 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
This is a blast from the past, but Brazil Butt Lift probably gave me the best lower-body results the fastest.
Yes, BBL is a good one if you can deal with Leandro! He isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Tags
core strength, floorwork, lower body, lower body results, lower body tightening, muscle loss, results