Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 04-05-05, 08:41 PM  
fit tish

Question treadmill.......does anyone have anyone

recs for one that is not too pricey? I was thinking about purchasing a Proform ifit one from hsn but would love to hear what you all think. TIA
fit tish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-05, 09:27 AM  
PamelaP

We've had a ProForm treadmill since May 1998, so almost 7 years now. It's still in great shape. I'm sure the particular model is no longer available by now, but I remember it being somewhere around $600. I really have no complaints about it, and we don't do treadmill workouts frequently enough to justify buying a more expensive one.

HTH!
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-05, 12:05 PM  
terribleterra
VF Supporter

Hi -
I also have a Proform got one for Christmas - I got the 560v Treadmill - which I don't see on the website anymore... www.proform.com. They are actually having a sale for 10% off right now on certain models.
Proform seems great to me. I use it often enough - mostly in the winter time 3x a week, sometiimes in the summer - when the weather gets too hot!
I got mine I think for about $700 w/shipping!

I had a Proform before this new one - lasted a good 10 years - and it was still going! I just wanted a NEW TOY! I also have a recumbent bike from them still going strong after about 5 years!

I think Proform gets a bad rap sometimes! I've known many people who have had Proforms and many people who have had Nordic Tracks - and any other brand names comparable in price! I've heard more problems with the other named treadmills rather than the Proforms!

I do, no matter what model you settle on, recommend the longest warranty available.

To live in this world, you must be able to do three things: to love what is mortal; to hold it against your bones knowing your life depends on it; and when the time comes, to let go. ~ Mary Oliver
terribleterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-05, 12:59 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

I purchased my Proform treadmill from hsn in Oct. I just love it. I think they now come with a 12 year warranty. It has all the bells and whistles. I can walk or run on it with no problems. And, most of them also have free shipping. I would definitely recommend hsn for your treadmill purchase. And, if you use ebates, you can go through them and get another 3% off.
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-05, 02:40 PM  
huntersmommy

I just got a treadmill from Dicks Sporting Goods. It's a Horizon one and it's great. It was about $799 and it has all sorts of bells and whistles and runs really quiet and smooth. Plus, it has a cushioning system that is great.

It had a 12 year motor warranty as well.
huntersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-05, 06:12 PM  
janile
VF Supporter

I've had a pacemaster for several years and recommend it highly.
janile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-05, 09:07 PM  
fit tish

Talking thanks so much everyone!

fit tish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-05, 01:04 PM  
lexybeth1

SmoothFitness!

HI Tish) I just bought a SmoothFitness Model online, 7.1, I think its called after Christmas , and I cannot recommend it HIGHLY enough! It is WONDERFUL! It is highly recommended via Consumers guides, Treadmill Dr., etc...It has 6 programs, and is ssmooth, solid and very sound...Quiet runs, quiet walks, no jarring, no impact it seems on the knees feet etc..vs..running outside, I was having all kinds of problems running outside, via impact etc...I am extremely happy with mine, and I just love it, check out their site, smoothfitness.com...they are wonderful, customer service is excellent, I paid for mine up front, after saving for it, but I think they may have payment plans?? HTH! Misty...ps..it does Heart Rate, Calorie Expenditure, via ht, wt.etc....
lexybeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote