Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-21, 09:49 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, the JSPs do sound easy! What do you do to reheat them?

Pat, the Akira yoga practice was yin. I liked it, but the reason I stopped early (other than getting distracted and reorganizing things in my exercise room/office ) is that I though she spent too much time on the rebound. She only held the yin poses 3-4 minutes and then did a rebound almost as long; in my yin training, we held poses 10 minutes or more, and then the rebound was 1-2 minutes, so I prefer that ratio.

Happy Monday!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-21, 10:23 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I did Essentrics this morning.

Pat, I loved hearing about your shell hunt at the beach with your DH.
I have a bunch of stuff in my Amazon wish list to keep an eye out for price drops. It's surprising how much the price on an item fluctuates over the week or month. There are often Lightning Deals too, which are good to take advantage of.

Beth, what do you mean by "rebound" in the yoga you were telling Pat about? Do you mean a rest in child's pose in between Yin poses?
I put a pre-cooked JSP in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds to reheat (it depends on the size of the JSP). I love them and I'm addicted to them!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-21, 10:32 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, Bernie Clark explains rebound here (Page 4, #4):
https://www.yinyoga.com/Addressing%2...03.20.2020.pdf

It is time of rest to allow for the shift of fluid in the tissues, which is the physiological purpose of yin. It can be in child's pose, but since child's is a yin pose in itself, the rebound is more often practiced in a neutral pose like shavasana (face up or face down).

I hope this makes sense! I prefer yin taught this way, as I feel much more of the relax and the release. Some of the yin practices on YouTube that have shorter holds definitely feel nice, but I don't feel like I get the same benefits.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-27-21, 10:56 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, thanks for educating me!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-21, 01:58 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

Oops! I'm getting behind!

Sunday was:
- HealthBarre Zoom Class
- 3 hours gardening
- Ekhart Yoga - Yamuna 10 minute routine for the Quads
- Beth's Rainy Day Yoga. I twists. I really needed this after working in the garden all afternoon. Thank you Beth.

Today:
- Ellen Barrett Serene Strength
- Fascia Multidimensional limberness and strength
- Short neighbourhood walk
- ETV Lauren's Lower Body Stretch & Sculpt. It was nice to do the Caribbean Spine routine again.
- Yoga Ranger Get Twisty Yin Yoga Snack

Cyana - How nice to have a visit with your DS and DIL and a welcome break I'm sure from working around the clock. Yes, the tree is still raining apples! Almost everything I make has apples in it these days! I've given loads away but we're still collecting 50 or so a day. I'll sure let you know if I hear of any Yamuna flash sales.

Karen Jo - I'm glad you have fond memories of your time in Bath. I've been to Tilley's Bistro a few times but it's probably been three of four years since I was last there. I think they closed fairly recently. Sad really. Good luck in finding your 'lost' DVDs.

Beth - Bath is probably one of my favourite cities in the UK and Cornwall is also at the top of the list for vacations. In fact, DH and I are heading down there for a short break in a couple of weeks. We're still debating whether to move there but the house prices have sky-rocketed since lockdown. People are asking crazy prices. Well, if you ever feel like coming over, you're certainly welcome to stay with me, wherever we end up.

Pat - The Cinderella coach and horse story cracked me up. I hope they made the most of their 2 minute ride. I envy you your beach walks - one of the reasons we keep thinking of moving to the coast. You're invited to stay with me too of course, if you ever make it to this part of the world.

Sorry, I've got to dash and get dinner. Waves to Pam, Paine and Sandra. I'll catch up more tomorrow.

Everyone have a great day.
Old 09-27-21, 03:09 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Margot, that's a sweet invite! It does sometimes feel like there's a network of VFers wherever I might want to go. I love twisty yoga practices too! I flagged the Yoga Ranger one to watch later; glad you enjoyed mine. This short twisting practice is one of my favorite:
https://youtu.be/3IlPv9Ae1KE

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-27-21, 07:03 PM  
JustSandra

Happy Monday!

Today's Workout: I was in the mood for vintage Miranda, perhaps after reading the comments here about Miranda's very first tape (which I've never seen), so I did her Legs & Butt routine from her Classics Volume 1.

Pat58: That's a cute story about the Cinderella coach at the wedding! For some reason it reminded me of watching a performance of the San Francisco Mime Troup in an S.F. park years ago. There was a nearby church, and in the middle of the performance a wedding party came out -- and the Mime Troup musicians seamlessly segued into The Wedding March!

Margot: I am guessing Ellen Barrett's Serene Strength is one of her site's downloads? Out of curiosity I checked for what workouts she has on Youtube, and Slo-Robics is on there. I remember liking that one -- may have to give it a go soon!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-21, 09:57 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Some missed replies from before...

Karen Jo, sorry you are still dealing with the smoke, and sorry some of your DVDs are missing!

Sandra, it sounds like your niece has a good support system that will allow her to make the move when she is ready. So are she and your grand-niece still living nearby with your brother?

Pat, I loved your "my hair was even manageable" comment! That is funny about the horse & carriage! I do enjoy getting a glimpse of a wedding. When we were in Barbados for our 10th anniversary, there was a wedding on the beach at the resort the same day as our anniversary - I saw the bride later and told her it was a good day.

I filmed a new video today; it's a 15m lunchtime practice (all-standing), so it will go live at noon tomorrow. I was also feeling goofy after KCM's kickboxing & filmed this:
https://www.facebook.com/yogibethc/v...56561333061243

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-28-21, 08:24 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I had a low key day, just YWK 10 Minute Gentle Morning Yoga for Beginners plus morning affirmations. I also mustered up 4,000 steps during the day.

Beth, thank you for the lunchtime practice! I plan to try it this afternoon. I will also read the rebound though I'm pretty sure that is when the prana/chi comes rushing back in.

Sandra that is so cool about the wedding march!

Good workouts for you Margot. So many people love that Caribbean Spine exercise.

Got to run - waves to one and all! Have a great day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-21, 08:38 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, exactly - there is the physiological effect of the fluid balance changing and also the deeper level shift of chi/energy.

Happy Tuesday!

Follow me @YogiBethC