Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-21, 08:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Looks like we're back in the muggy zone here. Those last few days sure were enjoyable. Yesterday featured:

~ 15 butt bridges
~ Jessica Valant 10 Minute Quick Core Pilates
~ 25 minute lunch walk
~ 30 minute beach walk
~ Kassandra 20 Minute Bedtime Yoga
~ 9,000 steps

I caught an amazing sunrise at the beach - it was well worth going out again. Kassandra's bed yoga was wonderful, it ends with a guided body scan. I drifted off to sleep and unfortunately a blaring ad came on. I'll have to find a way to download it.

Cyana - good luck - sending energy.

Pam, what a clever idea to clean your mats with a steam mop!

Beth, I look forward to trying your new practice and finding out what is awkward about it. Awkward is a good word for the condition!

Sandra, hoping your delivery is glitch free. Good luck at that board meeting, ugh.

Margot, I bookmarked the Yoga Ranger hamstrings practice, that area can get so tight.

Paine - 2,500 types of apples?! I best most of those are only available at farmer's markets. I like the new grape varietals that have come out, especially cotton candy.

Good morning everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-21, 10:38 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Exhale Core Fusion Body Sculpt (Gluteus workout)
10 minute Solution Rapid Results Pilates (Super Toned Buns and Thighs)

Pat, I have never seen grape or cotton candy apples in any of the markets I shop at! I will try them if I ever see them. The Envy apple remains my favorite.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-21, 01:52 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

Today's workouts:
- Body Groove Swing (15m) - fun!
- Slings, Far Reaching Myofascial Meridians with Mumu
- Short neighbourhood walk
- MFML Feet Stability & Balance - this was a good balance challenge.

Paine - There wasn't anything really new in Miranda's Standing & Barre episode from Season 14. The garden setting was nice. She did 'pulling a bow', then pulling a boat, which was the same as pulling the donkey move that she did in earlier seasons. I'm glad that poor old donkey has finally been retired. We did some exercises for the hands and arms. I think there were half body/waist circles. For the barre work, we came up on our toes; both legs, then one leg at a time. There were kicks front and back, side to side and then circling the legs. She finished with a standing quads stretch and then hip and hamstring stretches using the chair.

Pat - Your morning sunrise at the beach sounds lovely. I'm going to bookmark Kassandra's bedtime yoga. Too bad about the ad interruption. I hate it when that happens.

Cyana - Oh dear! Hope you can find some time to take some breaks. High energy vibes are winging their way to you.

Pam - I like most of my workouts to be around 20 minutes these days. That way I can mix up lots of different things in one day.

Sandra - Hope it's not too hard putting your daybed together. I bet you can't wait to see the finished look.

Beth - I'm also looking forward to your new video.

Waves to all.
Old 09-14-21, 03:08 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi all - busy day at work and now feeling sad about Norm MacDonald, but this made me laugh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEgh...urdayNightLive

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-21, 01:18 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Greetings from the Puntedge River up in Courtenay. We are glamping in our trailer for a few days. We had a fun evening out with DS2 & DIL as they live close by.

Today’s workouts:
~taught Essentrics on zoom
~PT exercises
~3km walk - fairly flat, used my walking poles

Beth - Norm McDonald was so good at satire! I remember that celebrity jeopardy skit on SNL.

Pat - I’ll have to check out that Jessica Valant YouTube workout, 10 min is a perfect length.

Paine - My fave apples these days are ginger golds.

Margot - Variety is the spice of life and workouts!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-21, 07:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all. I wasn't "good," had a tiring day at the office. I tried Kassandra's 10 Minute Evening Yoga Stretch in bed, followed by her Guided Chakra Affirmation Meditation. It was a really nice combo.

I'm annoyed with myself today. I gave in to an impulse buy and purchased a package of three downloads from Ellen Barrett's site. Come to find out, those downloads are included in the streaming subscription, which is cheap. Sheesh! Oh well, it's done. I haven't tried any yet.

I have to fly today - everyone make it a good one!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-21, 10:36 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

YouTube: Yin Yoga (Heart Alchemy Yoga with Michelle Goldstein)

Pam, enjoy your glamping trip!
I have never seen ginger gold apples in our markets but I will definitely try one if I ever find them.

Pat, I hope you end up liking the Ellen downloads you bought.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-21, 01:36 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

Today was:
- Ellen Barrett Upper Body Blast and Moving Meditation
- Katy Bowman 10 minutes to squish your lymph node clusters
- Beth Embrace the Awkward

Beth - I loved your new class and the unusual variations to the poses. It felt somewhat challenging. Also, the side-lying stretch felt really good on my shoulders. Thank you.

Pam - I'm glad you're having a great time. It's always nice to catch up with family. Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Pat - You may be pleasantly surprised with Ellen's downloads. I hope so. I thought the Upper Body Blast was good; my upper body nicely felt worked but not overly so. I also liked that it was just 20 minutes long. I did the Moving Meditation this evening. I'd been sitting for a while and it was just the perfect thing to get my body moving, as I never want to do anything too strenuous late in the day. Ellen did some gentle movements for the spine and threw in some balance work too. I felt really relaxed afterwards, just as I do when I've done a qigong practice.

Hi Paine.

Waves to all.
Old 09-15-21, 04:52 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Aww, Pat, we all do things like that sometimes! Give yourself a bit of compassion and appreciation for trying to do something healthy for yourself.

Pam, enjoy your glamping! It's nice to see you & your DH enjoying your retirement. I definitely agree with you about preferring shorter Pilates as add-ons; I think that's why I've been able to get back into it via YouTube as opposed to DVDs.

Margot, so glad to hear your enjoyed the practice! I discovered that shoulder stretch via yin years ago (sometimes called broken wing when the arm is bent). It's a bit hard to explain but yummy if you find the right spot!

Paine, how was that yin practice? I'm always on the lookout to add more to my playlists, especially practices with longer holds.

High to every one (especially positive vibes to cyana)!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-21, 08:55 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: Deep Stretch from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3. I needed it after yesterday's "functional fitness" workout of assembling the daybed. The instructions estimated it would take 30 minutes, which was a filthy lie -- it took me *four* hours! The experience left me with achy hands and low back. There's some parts that I want to reinforce since not everything lined up correctly, but at least it isn't collapsing on me lol. And actually, with the mattress and bedding, you don't see much of the frame anyway. But no more assemble-it-yourself furniture for me.

Yogapam: Great idea to use the steam mop! I actually have one but it is currently at my brother's house -- will need to borrow it back. I've used wipe-off yoga mat cleaners, but I'm not sure how clean they actually make the mats.

Beth: We had our annual homeowner meeting last evening. We used to rent out the auditorium of a local grade school, as in years past we would have dozens and dozens of homeowners come. However, over the years that has dwindled, and last year we only had four. So this time we had it in our regular boardroom. We also canceled our election, as only two people filed to run for two board positions.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote