Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-27-21, 11:31 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all,

I'm a bit behind this week. Here are the workouts--I rotated the elliptical, recumbent elliptical, rowing machine, spin bike and stair climber at the gym along with walking on the cushy track. I also did CL #366 PHA Supersets (I also really like her PHA workouts) and #80 Total Body Tone Up. I also did Hair Max.

We were fortunate in missing the nor'easter, but we will still get some rain (which we also need) and probably some flooding but nothing like further north. bee and horusosiris, hope you didn't have damage from your storms.

DH and I got our vaccine boosters last week. I had a sore arm for a couple days and was more tired than usual for a few days but otherwise no side effects.

bee, belated Happy Birthday! 60 is a reflective birthday, at least it was to me, as is 65 which I turned this year. **sigh** It can be tough when your inside age doesn't seem to reflect what the outside shows. I echo what others have said---you seem like such a witty and vibrant person and I enjoy reading your posts. Were you the same at 35? I don't know about you, but I am happier with the person I am now than I was at 35, so I do feel comforted by that.

Nathalie, triple YAY for being boot free!!

BabyW, good for you for going back to meditating. I think many of us had our routines turned upside down during Covid.

Kate, I sometimes combine two of the CL express workouts. Well, not all of them since there are a couple that kick my butt in a short period. You seem to be doing a great job of combining CL with your other workouts.

FN1, take care of that foot! I hope it's not PF! RWH is a tough series but a good one. I'm so in love with Cathe Live this day I have sadly been neglecting my DVDs.

Kim, I can't say I'm familiar with that workout either. It's great that you went ahead and worked out even when you weren't feeling it. Oh, and we have noticed random shortages at the grocery store, but not empty shelves. We did pick up some flour and sugar since I plan to bake for the holidays for gifts and I don't want to run short.

manley, that Caroline Superset workout sounds good. I think I will do it on Saturday. I don't think I've done any core with Caroline so I'll be interested in how I like it.

Chele, hugs to you. Are you dressing Winston for Halloween?? As doggie Einstein?

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-21, 02:02 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Happy Thursday!!

kittybug: Some days I feel extra fierce. Other days I don't. This has been a good week!
Sure hope your foot is ok!

cataddict: YAY on the booster shots! Hair Max?

Today I kind of toned it down and did Les Mills Body Jam 66. This is one I bought for way too much money on eBay but fun. I still looked dorky but just wasn't up for any high impact anything.

Really having fun looking through the Cathe Live workouts and adding them into my rotation. Did you see today's workout? Mad Hatter Madness and everyone was dressed up. I'm going to do that tomorrow and add on her 320 Halloween Hocus Pocus. They look fun. No I'm not dressing up. LOL

HUGS!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-21, 06:46 PM  
manleym

Hi Everyone! Quick check-in. Love reading how fierce and tough everyone is! I'm so inspired by all of your workouts.

Friday - Amy Dixon Super Fit Bod! I used 8 lbs and it was harder than I remembered. Great workout; really like Amy; but my cardio level seems low because I was sucking wind in some parts.

Saturday - Caroline Girvan 5 Min Full Body Warm Up + Day 19 of EPIC Full Body Workout - 1 Hour Dumbbell Complex. This was a GREAT and TOUGH! workout. At least for me. I finished with Mr. & Mrs. Muscle Post Workout Stretch Full Body 15 Minutes of Stress Relief & Recovery. It would be nice if Caroline's workout included a warm up and cool down. There's more of a stretch than warm-up though.

Monday - Heather Robertson's Leg Day Warm Up Routine: Glute Activation + Hip Openers + Day 21 of EPIC Leg Workout at Home Dumbbell Complex. Another great workout from Caroline. I'm finding the more I do her workouts, the better I like them. Once I get into the groove, they usually just fly by. This workout was more metabolic than strength, but focused on LB. The reps were faster reps and the moves were continuous moves so I couldn’t go as heavy. It was perfect after having done the heavier weight workout on Saturday. I finished with 10 minute Post Workout Yoga Cool Down Lower Body Sarah Beth Yoga.

Tuesday - CL #25 Strong Upper Body With Core. It was TOUGH! A GREAT UP workout - hits all muscle groups and I liked the abs.

Wednesday - Jessica Smith Barre Fitness. This is a new workout for me and I did all 3 and liked all 3.

Thursday - Yoga with Kassandra 45 min Minimal Cues Full Body Yoga - Intermediate Vinyasa Yoga + KCM TLC CoffeyFit Blend, which was a really good for today. My bones are feeling this weather and CRAZY wind and temperature swings, so I wasn't up for a super tough workout and wanted something fun. This fit the bill.

I'm saving CL # 368 Mad Hatter Madness for either tomorrow or Saturday. It will be fun with the gang being dressed up.

Sorry it's just business right now. Love reading everyone's posts and how you're hanging in there with the hard of life.

Hugs and waves to all!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-21, 11:30 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello Fierce Ones! I am crawling out from the aftermath of the storm. It was insanity Sunday and our power was out from Sunday afternoon until after we were asleep Wednesday night. So, no VF for me, though we had creature comforts -- there is something that being without power puts me in a mode of not doing my usual things. kittybug we got a lot of rain but it was delivered in a way that I think the ground was able to soak it up, so that's the best! Hope that's what you got, too. There's a peak in the north bay area that got 16.5" in 48 hours. We got about 7.5" in 24. I'm wondering if we've not heard from horusosiris because she is dealing with weather problems of her own -- hope everything is ok with you!!

So happy to see momofcha chime in with a birthday greeting for me! Thank you! I miss you! You should chime in more often.

I am also a meditator and found it amusing that a couple of you fell off the meditation during the pandemic..... when we most need it! Glad you are back, or getting back to it, Vintage & kittybug. When Kate mentioned how important workouts and meditation are to her, it made me realize that all the swimming I did in high school was very meditative -- sometimes workouts are that way. So, even though you might not be sitting on a cushion thinking about your breathing, you may be getting some of those benefits. I choose to believe that anyway!

Kim, I have that Canyon Ranch workout -- I'm not sure I've ever done it. I think I picked it up during a Mary sale, but I'm going to keep it in mind for when I need a lighter day.

Another cheer (and cowbell!) for Nathalie being boot free!!!

cataddict, my husband keeps asking about when we're going to get our boosters. I'm not sure we're quite eligible yet and I was thinking we should try to stretch it out, but..... we think our good friend may have gotten a breakthrough case from his daughter who recently traveled to Italy for a wedding, so maybe we ought to be jumping on it. Did you feel ok after it? I can't remember if you mentioned that.

I loved your question and reflections on aging, cataddict. I have definitely changed as I've aged -- I really have matured (and boy I needed it!), but.... I think our core personality is there from childhood through life. Our nature, our temperament. I have always been a go-with-the-flow person, and mostly happy. What has changed for me is that I was a terrible worrier (sounds like a contradiction, doesn't it? but somehow I was that combination) and now I'm so laid back. I was also very self-centered when I was younger. It's such a good thing I didn't have kids until I was older. I would have been a horrible young mother.

Chele, yes, you will have to tell us about Winston's costume and send a picture!!

manleym, sounds like you continue to be very busy. I'm going to try to get my younger son doing Caroline workouts. He never knows what to do at the gym. I'm a bit worried he doesn't know form all that well, but I think he's just at a loss for planning a workout and it seems like Caroline may be tough enough that he would give it a go. Even though Cathe is tough my boys have seen me doing her workouts all their lives, and I think they would just be biased from that ("I can't possibly do a workout my mother does!!" )

Kate, I did the Hocus Pocus workout today, with some of my PT stuff after. I felt so great -- no real workouts while the power was out -- just PT on my own. I'm planning to do her new Halloween one either tomorrow or Sunday, also.

Let the Halloween festivities begin! Happy Friday!!
Old 10-29-21, 11:58 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

TGIF!!

manleym: I have been thinking about getting Superfit Bod. I really like Amy Dixon.
I'm going to check out that Kassandra practice. Sounds good.

bee: I sure am glad your power came back on! My hubby is pretty house bound and he NEEDS his TV. So we bought a generator, just in case.

So much fun today with Cathe Live. I did yesterday's new #368 Mad Hatter Madness. What a hoot! I added on #320 Halloween Hocus Pocus. Pretty simple but so funny. I laughed and worked today.
My costume was a frustrated athlete. LOL!!

Mad Hatter was metabolic alternating cardio, upper, lower, core etc. I used a variety of weights. The pace was not too fast but lots of reps.

Hocus Pocus was all cardio and upper. Cathe and 2 crew are dressed up like the witches in the movie. What a hoot!!

So I got my Halloween and Cathe fix. HA!
Have a great weekend all!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-21, 01:11 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

cataddict & bee - I had my booster a while back. I had different side effects from the 2nd Pfizer booster shot. I got a headache and was sore under the arm where I received the shot. I didn't develop any lumps there and it was gone in a few days.

The one side effect I was hoping for didn't appear. After the 2nd shot, I slept like a baby all night. That is rare for me.

Still with the usual workouts. I did use Cathe's Boss Loops for a Michelle Kenway lower body workout that I like.

20 Minute Physio Glute Workout

The light bands weren't enough for this short workout, so I used the heavy ones. Cathe's bands are much better than the old ones I had from Amazon.

Waves to all!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-21, 02:12 PM  
horusosiris

Hello All,

I caught up with the post and glad to see that everyone us rocking the workouts. In October, I have mostly done Cathe, Suzanne Bowen and using my home gym.

We have had two nor’easters in a row. Is this a harbinger or what is to come this winter?

Anybody order KCM’s new workouts? I subscribed to KCM’s RAW web site and was to going to resubscribe but I forgot and I auto-renewed. I had stopped doing KCM workouts for a variety of reasons but since I have access, my husband said I should do some of them and nit waste the money.

Bee-, sorry I missed your Birthday. Happy Birthday!

Mickey -I forgot I have Canyon Ranch workouts.

My perspective on Cathe Live is probably different than many because I have subscribed continually since the beginning. I have done every Cathe Live at least once but most I have done twice or more. If I could suggest to Cathe how to add to Cathe Live I would say:

1. Have more dedicated heavy work workouts. Many of the workouts use between 5 and 20lbs and many are metabolic (at least for me). I realize that she may be limited due to the availability of heavier dumbbells for the people taking the class in person. She actually had an excellent opportunity to do this when she did several months of classes alone.

2. When she does an express 30–40-minute class, she could add on a dedicated 20–30-minute stretch/flexibility class.

3. Announce the classes at least a few weeks in advance. She only informs us the night before. I like to do the classes with her on Thursday and if for instance it is a leg day on Cathe Live and I did my leg workout the day before, then I will not do the class. Having a schedule would help with workout planning.

4. Maybe have structured weekly classes for a month i.e., hypertrophy, endurance and strength. Most of Cathe’s classes seem to be more metabolic

5. Have the cameras stay on her most of the time. Sometimes members of the class are doing a variation, exhibit bad form, timing, is off, rep count off etc.

6. Better music. I realize copyright laws have changed, but more thoughtful selection of music would be motivating.

7. Increase exercise variety. I know she is limited to what can be done at home, but perhaps she could do a slow and heavy class, a bodyweight class, a Home Gym Interval workout (along the lines of KCM’s HGI workouts), a walking class (of course a Cathe intensity walking workout).
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-21, 04:36 AM  
ChelePA

Insomnia and pain. Ugh!

But saw this update from a road tripper:

Cathe gave a preview of the new workouts on the virtual roadtrip. Here are my notes - Strength series with some recovery/mobility. Will be a cross between STS and XTrain. 12 workouts total broken into 3 sets of 4...closer to STS mesocycles 2 & 3 (vs endurance) and shorter workouts ~45 mins. Working title is something like STS2: Muscle & Recovery 💪
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-21, 10:54 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Insomnia and pain. Ugh!

But saw this update from a road tripper:

Cathe gave a preview of the new workouts on the virtual roadtrip. Here are my notes - Strength series with some recovery/mobility. Will be a cross between STS and XTrain. 12 workouts total broken into 3 sets of 4...closer to STS mesocycles 2 & 3 (vs endurance) and shorter workouts ~45 mins. Working title is something like STS2: Muscle & Recovery 💪
YES!!! Funny I was going to revisit Xtrain this week too. This is excellent news to me!! Thanks for posting Chele! Sorry about the insomnia and pain though.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-21, 03:48 PM  
fanofladyvols

Watulans!!

Thank you for all your 1+/- year of posts that have helped me stay on track of getting stronger and growing in endurance. I never thought the Cathe road trip workouts would be something I could do. I was so intimidated by Cathe workouts in general and you all keep nudging me along. You all had a large part in me being able to do it and do it well!! Thank you, Watulans!!

And that was after a not so successful hike on Wednesday. It was a beautiful hike (and you're bound to run into obstacles hiking). I had just planned others so well with research, and maybe, got a little cocky not doing enough research on this one.
(It was rougher than I thought it would be and I didn't bring enough water or food.)

Anyways, I was worried I would run out of gas for Cathe but I had a BLAST. My internet buffered at times but I made It through without getting too ticked off and storming my cable company office. I have a feeling I'm going to have to figure out a way to subscribe to live at some point.

ChelePA those notes are spot on ! I can't wait.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in