Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-20-21, 01:19 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Watulans!!

So originally my tracking said my package was due to arrive on Monday. This morning I got notification that it is out for delivery TODAY! I'm trying not to get too excited as it's one thing to see the notification and another to have it in my hands. But that said, WOO HOO! So I've done Paul Katami's Hero 2 and Kristen Dowell's Dressed up Drills as I sniff the end of the 20 in 20ish rotation. I decided to do Hero 2 since I stopped the 4 x 4 rotation when I had my leg issue and never got back to do the last workout. It's a good workout but I'm just not a huge fan of this system despite liking Paul and the rest of the crew. Anyhoo I enjoyed Kristen Dowell's workout, it's not too tough and there are modifications up and down. For CheleFunFriday I have Christi Taylor's Solid Gold Step on tap and I might do one or two of the bonuses depending on how much time I have. Oh, and on the bean front we have been getting a steady supply but not enough to freeze for later. I am okay with it since the weather is so darn crazy we are lucky to get the crop that we have.

Now, without further ado,

FOLV, YOU CRUSHED IT!!!

GOOD FOR YOU!!!! Notice I put it in orange, just for you! Beautiful picture. I love the story. It's one more example of how much difference a kindness can make, and I'm sure your encouraging words helped the other hikers along the way.

manleym, I realize it's tough for me to judge what is easier and harder for step, since I've been doing it for soooooo long that I think that somewhere there are cave drawings of me on a step. That said, I think that Gin Miller is straightforward, and Gay Gasper as well as KCM. IMHO Cathe doesn't cue late, at least not in her earlier releases. I think I mentioned before that I think Cathe's cuing changed in the 4Day Split workouts and pretty much stayed the same after that. I'm probably so familiar with step moves that I don't notice the timing of her cuing anymore. So I put her in the middle of the "hard" step continuum. The toughest step meaning to me complicated and tricky is put out by Seasun Zieger and sometimes Patrick Goudeau and Amy Bento. Christi Taylor is somewhere between Cathe and these folks. LOL this is probably more than you asked for!

Chele, good to hear from you! Good that your daughter is going to get a boot. Poor Winston! I remember that look from my childhood German Shepherd. They sure know how to make us feel guilty. I got tired just thinking about all you've got going on so I can't imagine how exhausting it's been for you! Hang in there!

horusosiris, assuming my Cathes really show up today and that you get yours as well, which one do you want to start with?

Kim, take care of yourself. I'm sorry to hear it's a pinched nerve, but I guess knowing what's causing the pain is a step forward. Sending healing vibes your way!

BabyW, did you get a shipping notice? Interested in hearing how you like these when you get them.

FN1, keeping my fingers crossed that you get your workouts on Saturday! I got a happy surprise that my expected delivery date was moved up.

bee, I think we will all get the new Cathes at different times so we can have different groups doing them. TBH I prefer reading reviews AFTER I've done a workout I've purchased so it's completely fresh.

Nathalie, how are you doing and healing?

Kate, hope things have settled down a bit and that your brother arrived safely and has been a source of support for you and your family.

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-21, 06:24 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I'm baaaack!

I got my package, woo hoo! It was at my door next to a mostly eaten persimmon left by a squirrel. I plan to do the Total Body workout tomorrow as my 20th instructor. So excited! Today I did the Christi Solid Gold Step workout but none of the bonuses. They didn't appeal to me.

That's all I got since I am talking to myself.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-21, 06:44 PM  
fanofladyvols

Cataddict I got mine today, too!

I'm hoping there's an upper body only premix with Total Body DVD because my calf is still whiny. I'm going to preview tonight! I love the loops and the bands!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-21, 08:54 PM  
Mickey12

Hey Watulans, my Cathe package arrived today too! I will anxiously await your posts. I am starting physical therapy on Monday for the pinched nerve. I am hopeful it helps quickly. I thought maybe I could do some the total body workout if I sat in a chair. I haven’t previewed it so I really don’t know how much I could really do. I will probably just wait. I did some stretches last week and I think it made things worse. I’m talking out loud here and I think I will just wait. That’s probably the prudent choice.

Cataddict I have been buying fresh green beans at the farmers market. I steam them and dress them with pepper, olive oil and red wine vinegar. They’re so delicious that way. I’m glad you’re getting some from the garden.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 08-21-21, 02:15 PM  
ChelePA

Fitnessmystyle.com reviewed the new series. The intensity was exactly what I was expecting. Hopefully once I recover these workouts will be perfect for me. Sounds like they are more intermediate. It wasn’t the most positive review. Can’t wait to hear what you ladies think.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-21, 02:54 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Fitnessmystyle.com reviewed the new series. The intensity was exactly what I was expecting. Hopefully once I recover these workouts will be perfect for me. Sounds like they are more intermediate. It wasn’t the most positive review. Can’t wait to hear what you ladies think.
I went to read her review. I'm a little disappointed about the intensity but since I'll also be recovering just like you, I agree that they will be perfect.

I looked at the downloads yesterday. I'm so used to the Lives that I felt that the workouts lacked some spontaneity. Maybe it's the way the audio is recorded. I know, I'm picky!

I still have to purchase some loops and when I have the all-clear from the doctor, I'll try the floor work. I can't wait to read everyone's thoughts on the workouts!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-21, 03:04 PM  
lavna

Hi everyone,

I'm slooooowly getting better. The staples came off on Monday and it helped a little but the scar is still sensitive as the boot presses on it. My right ankle is also better so using the crutches is a little less painful. I'm seeing the doctor on Monday. I'm crossing my fingers that I have healed enough that I can start putting some weight on it but I think it will be painful in the beginning.

Chele: how are you and your daughter doing? It's great to have you posting more often.

FOLV: congratulations on your hike! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Kim: I hope that you will improve quickly with the PT.

Hugs to everyone! Stay fierce!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-21, 06:45 PM  
horusosiris

Hello All!

I did Boss Band Total Body yesterday and enjoyed it. I will do the Legs and Flute workout tomorrow and report back tomorrow. The Total Body workout, as Cathe presented it, was intermediate but there are numerous ways to make it more advanced or more high beginner, that would entail little to no effort. The easiest way is to use two bands for the exercises. I think the premixes could have been more creative. For instance, she could have included a premix that utilized both weight and bands. For many exercises weights could have been used with the bands. I can see myself using the workout blender to create just this type of workout. All in all, I enjoyed the workout and I am glad that Cathe did something different. The bands seem to be of very good quality and I like them. I actually like them more than my latex/ rubber short and long bands.

Lavna - I am glad that you are doing better. Yes DVD workouts are more polished and less spontaneous but I enjoy both ways of presenting workouts. What did you not like about the music?

Mickey- I hope your PT goes well.

Chel- Hang in There. Slowly but surely....

Linda - How is your calf doing? There s an upper body remix in Total Body.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-21, 11:03 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Morning Watulans!

My Cathe set is due to arrive Tuesday. I'm kind of glad that they are supposed to be more "intermediate."

horusosirus - I had planned to do HDM "CardioTone G" last Friday. My hip is sore from something I did so - I didn't.

Chele - Oy, the "Cone of Shame" on Winston! Poor guy has been through a lot. Our cat wiggled out of it so much we had to devise a harness made of gauze to keep it on.

FoLV - Yes, it looks like there is an upper body pre-mix on the Total Body DVD. That would work for me now. I hope your calf soreness has lessened.

Nathalie - Yay on the staples being removed. I hope that it isn't too painful. Slow and steady!

Kim - Good luck with the physical therapy! How long do they say you will have to go?

Workouts:
Weds: Benagh Yoga for Stress Release - SI Joint
Thurs: Body Project Gentle Cardio
Fri: Foam Rolling and Stretching
Sat: Benagh Yoga for Stress Release - SI Joint

Hugs to all!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-21, 12:03 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

horusosirus - I had planned to do HDM "CardioTone G" last Friday. My hip is sore from something I did so - I didn't.
Cardio Tone G is one of my favorite and go to HDM workouts!

I am also happy that the Boss Band workouts are intermediate. I do want to go "all out" every time I exercise. I appreciate the variety of kinds and types of workouts that Cathe offers. I consider just about all of the Cathe Live workouts "intermediate" as presented, but the workouts are easily modifiable up or down.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in