Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-06-21, 07:58 PM  
Mickey12

Linda I forgot to comment on your fun idea of a celebrity workout rotation. I can’t figure out who Allie is though. I have an Elle workout, several Cindy Crawford and a Kathy Ireland. I have a really, really bad Heather Locklear on VHS too, if I didn’t get rid of it. I am trying to think of others I might have. Oh, Cher with Kelly Roberts and the other one she did. Oh wait, do you mean Allie McGraw’s yoga workout? I have that too.

Oh wait, I just realized you said “supermodel” rotation, not “celebrity “ rotation. So now I’m back to not knowing who Allie is. Oh brother!
Old 08-06-21, 08:10 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Linda I forgot to comment on your fun idea of a celebrity workout rotation. I can’t figure out who Allie is though. I have an Elle workout, several Cindy Crawford and a Kathy Ireland. I have a really, really bad Heather Locklear on VHS too, if I didn’t get rid of it. I am trying to think of others I might have. Oh, Cher with Kelly Roberts and the other one she did. Oh wait, do you mean Allie McGraw’s yoga workout? I have that too.

Oh wait, I just realized you said “supermodel” rotation, not “celebrity “ rotation. So now I’m back to not knowing who Allie is. Oh brother!
I do mean McGraw and you're right she's not a supermodel. So maybe Cover Magazine/Celebrity rotation? Then you could pull her in and Paula, too

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 11:04 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Happy Weekend Watulans!

FoLV - We're all excited about Hike Max!

Workouts: I seem to be alternating Body Project with Margaret Richard.

I wasn't going to pre-order Cathe's new set. And, then I was. And, then I wasn't . Now, I'm thinking about ordering again. Only a VFer would understand!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 11:17 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

I wasn't going to pre-order Cathe's new set. And, then I was. And, then I wasn't . Now, I'm thinking about ordering again. Only a VFer would understand!
Yep, we totally understand!!!

I was on the fence for a while as I'm not a big band fan. But I liked the look of the loop workout. So I ended up getting both downloads, as they were the same price of a single one at the regular price (and no shipping or customs to pay). Who knows, maybe I'll like the band one as well!

Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 11:18 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

lavna two crystal bell rings for you and your ankles every day
Thank you so much! Crystal bells are so soothing! Just what I need!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 11:44 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

Let me share what I read:
I wasn't going to pre-order Cathe's new set. And, then I was.. Yadda yadda yadda...and so I ordered.

lavna keep us posted on your recovery!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 12:31 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi group!

I noticed while I was scouring a few you tube instructors that one of them has several workouts using those big bands like the ones in Cathe's late term workouts. I was happy to see that as I ordered the set (didn't really waver--Cathe is the only preorder I think I've always done) and want to make use of the bands in other ways. I saw yesterday that they intend to start shipping around the 18th. Hard to believe that's not so far off!

Oh, I forgot to mention that Heather's cat appeared in one of the workouts of hers that I did the other day! It's a beautiful black cat. I did think it was a bit odd as she films at a studio but then again I don't know where her studio is---could be a part of her home.

Randomness over with. Yesterday I did Kat's latest Intermediate/Advanced step for CheleFunFriday. I think she uploaded it on the 1st. I really enjoyed this one. I'm realizing that there is too much repetition for me in the more basic workouts, and this one had just enough, IMHO. I didn't get all of it in one polished no mistake repetition of the combos, but if I do the first time it isn't much of a challenge. This met that balance of tricky enough to challenge but not so tricky that I say "*&%$ this" and do something else.

bee, I meant to ask you if you've been watching the new season of Ted Lasso? We haven't seen the most recent but the first two episodes have been good. I like the new doctor character. Also wanted to ask if you watched Physical and if so what you thought of it. I know there was a thread here but couldn't find it when I searched. Your story about the dog and the egg reminded me of the German Shepherd we had when I was growing up. She would carry around a grape between her teeth in her enormous mouth and not break the skin! Oh, and I get HairMin. I keep mulling over letting my hair grow out grey but I know it would age me a lot. And, **sigh** I'm not self assured enough to do it quite yet. Of course my stylist says I won't like it, but I discount that since she has a vested interest in my hair color.

Kate, how are you holding up? How is your son? Sending hugs!

Chele, so good to hear that you are progressing. You've come so far!

Nathalie, hugs to you and healing vibes! You know, with your ankle it might be a good thing to have those band and loop workouts available since you will be limited for awhile. Sound like it will be a fortuitous purchase!

BabyW, yes, I get the wavering. I don't do it with Cathe normally, although I did when I was deciding whether to subscribe to Cathe Live or not. I wavered for many months before taking the plunge. I'm thinking about doing a Margaret Richard for my 20 in 20 as I have several of hers that I haven't even tried yet. I liked but didn't love the one I have done. Do you have a favorite? I might have it and could use a recommendation.

FOLV, I thought you meant Ali McGraw, as I seem to recall her doing a workout some years ago. Your rotation sounds fun, although I can't join since I do not have a single supermodel workout (or celebrity, for that matter--I don't count Jane Fonda since she wasn't just covering for an instructor). Is it wrong to feel kind of good that even though I have a huge collection of workouts that there's something I don't have? Makes me feel like less of a hoarder.

Waves to Kim, horusosiris, FN1 and manleym!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 01:56 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey All!!

Well, I did it. I pulled out KCM and did her TLC. The whole time I was punching I was thinking about punching covid and the whole anti-vax contingent. That's how I got through the mental distaste. And then...... it was so perfect! Afterward I told Siri to play some music for me for my extended stretch. Just as I was about to be done stretching, Queen's One Vision song came on, and it took away any bad feelings I had and made me quite happy. It is the opposite of everything that made me not want to do KCM. My stretch turned into a Meredith and Cristina dance it out party. Hopefully everyone gets that reference. That is my favorite Queen song -- that and My Best Friend. They both make me so happy.

cataddict, I tried to start watching Ted, but apple TV won't play on my iPad (ironically), so I have to watch it on my TV, and I rarely sit in the TV room and watch TV, so no. I also wanted to try Physical, and haven't for the same reason. And now I see there is something called Mr. Cromwell or something like that? That also sounds pretty good.

Yes, Baby, I also get the wavering! I did order the latest even though I'm also not a huge fan of band work.

Ooops, I've got to run......
Old 08-08-21, 10:15 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Let me share what I read:
I wasn't going to pre-order Cathe's new set. And, then I was.. Yadda yadda yadda...and so I ordered.
I ordered the DVDs and bands.

Alta: Yadda Yadda Yadda...
FoLV: Get real, Baby!
Cathe: Cha-ching!
DH: Doh!
Alta: Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!

bee & cataddict - I stopped coloring my hair for a few years. I'm so pale that the gray hair made me look like a zombie. I now color it assorted shades of rose gold and pink. Folks seem to like it as I get a lot of compliments.

Yesterday, I did Margaret Richard's "High Voltage" (1993) and Karen Voight's "Pure & Simple Stretch" (1991). I have many MR videos, I need to do them and figure out which ones I like enough to keep.

cataddict - I've probably done her "Getting Better" (1996) a thousand times!

POSTURE CHECK!

Last edited by Vintage VFer; 08-08-21 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Clarification
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 10:41 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

BabyW, LOL on the Cathe order exchange. Funny! I really hope we all like them. Oh, and the "zombie" look is what I am concerned about, as I am also pretty pale, although I would be a zombie with freckles. Your idea of inserting chunks of color over the grey sounds interesting and a possibility to explore.

bee, I saw the promo for Mr Cromwell on Apple TV and yes, it looks like it might be good. I also see that All Creatures Great and Small will be starting up again on PBS soon so there's that. Funny that Apple TV won't play on your iPad. Doesn't sound right, does it?

Yesterday I took a walk and shelved my "regular" workout plan. I will get back on track today. This week I've been feeling a bit tired and sore and I'm listening to my body for a change. So my rotation is going to be more like 20 in 30 which kind of was my goal all along.

Everyone enjoy the day!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in