Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-11-21, 07:27 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all,

Today was HiiT 40/20 and I added Kat's Intermediate step that she did with her twin. It was/is hot and humid as Hades here today (and for the last few days---really it's the humidity that's a killer) and I modified 40/20 with a lower step height so I could make it through. This is a tough workout! My Friday Tribute to Chele Kat step was a lot of fun! It was a little odd with the guy walking his bicycle behind them and the view change (which confused me a bit) but I enjoy her music mixes so much and Kat's timing is impeccable.

Waves to all and {{hugs}} to all who need them right now.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 08:33 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Another update on Michele. Thanks for the messages, cards and goodies. It means so much.

Follow up appointment with spinal surgeon. Changed to soft collar. Slowly remove throughout day and stretch neck muscles. Should be able to completely remove over next few weeks. Left sided upper body weakness continues. Doesn't think it's permanent. Will try therapy in 6 weeks once spine heals. Will discuss next surgery with ortho and when he feels all clear to schedule 4th leg surgery. Basically said the overall healing and recovery process will take approximately a year.
Thank you, Mr. ChelePA. We are so proud of you, ChelePA! Keep fighting with your Watulan Fierce Fitness spirit!! We are cheering you on

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Brief checkin. My oldest son has ended up in the hospital with liver, kidney failure and problems with his pancreas. Workouts have been sporadic but did do some things when I could keep my mind on it.

Still here, trying to be fierce in my heart. :\
Oh Kate!! I'm so sorry. Please update us as you are able. We are here for you

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 08:59 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Another update on Michele. Thanks for the messages, cards and goodies. It means so much.

Follow up appointment with spinal surgeon. Changed to soft collar. Slowly remove throughout day and stretch neck muscles. Should be able to completely remove over next few weeks. Left sided upper body weakness continues. Doesn't think it's permanent. Will try therapy in 6 weeks once spine heals. Will discuss next surgery with ortho and when he feels all clear to schedule 4th leg surgery. Basically said the overall healing and recovery process will take approximately a year.
Thank you for the update Mr. ChelePA. Praying for all of you. Michele is so strong. Our hearts are with her. Please keep us updated and give her hugs from all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Brief checkin. My oldest son has ended up in the hospital with liver, kidney failure and problems with his pancreas. Workouts have been sporadic but did do some things when I could keep my mind on it.

Still here, trying to be fierce in my heart. :\
I am so very sorry KateTT. You are fierce and we will support and encourage you any way we can. HUGE hugs being sent your way.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-21, 03:22 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello.....

Mr. Chele, thanks for the updates. Such tough times for you all. We are rooting for you.

And Kate, I'm so sorry to hear about your son's condition. Sending good thoughts, hugs, and prayers your way.

.................................................. .................................................. .........

Workouts seems pretty trivial after all that. My report is this.... Pump Lower Body, which I found quite difficult with the heavy weight. I did some shoveling either the night before or the night of (I can't remember now) and my back is so very sore. Not sure if I sprained it in some way or it's just sore. Did a walk with my friend one day, and today I did Perfect Hiit Low Impact. I like that one for being a great heart thumper but mostly fairly easy, if that makes sense.

I saw the thread on GD about whether three day splits are "enough". I think our recent STS grads would say so!! But it made me wonder if maybe that would be a way I could get more yoga in. I'm not sure I can handle a whole hour of STS splits -- lower body probably, but I may think about a way I could do shortened upper body and add in yoga (which if I'm doing power yoga definitely works my arms).

Well, as I said, all that seems to just not even matter when people are going through such dire health struggles. Sending hugs out to everyone.
Old 06-12-21, 07:53 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

bee, I understand where you are coming from for sure. Workouts do seem trivial when faced with what we can face in life. I guess to me workouts is what brought us together and now we are here to support each other when otherwise it is unlikely we would have "met". I do feel that kindness from our group, and I hope that Chele and Kate in particular feel our care and support of them in their current challenges. Just my perspective, of course, but I don't think that talking about our workouts makes us insensitive, and I sincerely hope that no one thinks that!

So...today I did Total Body Trisets Lower Body. So this is tough. Really tough, possibly since it moved so fast or possibly because of the exercise mentioned below. I think I chose some sort of total body premix when I did it during my chronological tour of Cathe as I don't recall it was memorably tough. I was on the last group of them when she throws in that exercise that involves picking up the weights and putting them down whilst balancing on one leg. Ummm I did one then touched the step with my hand for the rest of the first round. On the second round I touched my other foot on the ground like Cathe did but I had to do them more slowly than she did. I admit I had a few words NSFW during Round 1 of these. I showed DH the move and he said "Is she high? No way!"

Stay fierce, Watulan friends! Waves and hugs all around and positive, healing thoughts to Chele and Kate.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Old 06-13-21, 05:13 PM  
lavna

Hello all!

Mr. Chele: Thanks for all the update. We appreciate them so much! Hugs to Michele!

Kate: I'm so sorry about your son. Hugs to you too and your family.

Waves and hugs to everyone!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-21, 05:18 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post

So...today I did Total Body Trisets Lower Body. So this is tough. Really tough, possibly since it moved so fast or possibly because of the exercise mentioned below. I think I chose some sort of total body premix when I did it during my chronological tour of Cathe as I don't recall it was memorably tough. I was on the last group of them when she throws in that exercise that involves picking up the weights and putting them down whilst balancing on one leg. Ummm I did one then touched the step with my hand for the rest of the first round. On the second round I touched my other foot on the ground like Cathe did but I had to do them more slowly than she did. I admit I had a few words NSFW during Round 1 of these. I showed DH the move and he said "Is she high? No way!"
I don't know if you knew but there's the lower body JFO premix where that balancing move is replaced by rear lunges. It's the one I chose the few times I did that workout as I didn't want to fall flat on my face!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-21, 10:41 AM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
bee, I understand where you are coming from for sure. Workouts do seem trivial when faced with what we can face in life. I guess to me workouts is what brought us together and now we are here to support each other when otherwise it is unlikely we would have "met". I do feel that kindness from our group, and I hope that Chele and Kate in particular feel our care and support of them in their current challenges.
Well said, Cataddict. So very, very true.

We're back from Florida! On Thursday we (6 family members) chartered an offshore fishing trip (11 hours) and caught ALOT of fish. Some of them quite large. It was quite a workout and totally fun! I'll be back later to tell ya'll all about the BIG fish I caught!

We got back Saturday so of course the first thing I did after unloading the car and dropping our bags is workout. I did Cathe Live #348 PHA – No Repeats and LOVED it!! Perfect for a return to working out after vacay and being in the car for 2 days. Did a 5 Parks Yoga yesterday that felt great. Needed to get all the kinks out.

I was just looking at the March and June rotations and I think I'm going to do a hybrid, meaning pick workouts from both rotations that I haven't done in awhile. Might throw in some other instructors here and there and definitely some Lives. And of course Kat's step in honor of ChelePA.

Hugs and waves everyone! I'm glad you call you my friends, even if is only virtually. It still counts to me.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-21, 05:35 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hi all!

I agree with Manleym, well said FN2, very well said. But I can also see how Bee feels because I have been feeling the same way. Hugs to everyone who needs one, and double hugs to Kate, ChelePA and Mr. ChelePA!!

Welcome back from vacay, Manleym!

So, Watulans, I'm not in a good way. I think all the stress has caught up with me. Last week, I did a Travis practice on ID that was part power, part yin, and while it was lovely, something in my hip has started giving me grief ever since. It's like my IT band snaps over something, and I feel like my leg will give out/my hip will dislocate at really inopportune times, like bending down to pick up a cat. I found that out on Weds when I did Athletic Training which I was REALLY enjoying until the single-leg deadlifts when it first happened. It's happened a few times since then too.

And also since then, I've had a terrible sore throat and swollen glands which has gone on for days and is making me miserable. I've tested negative for strep but they wanted to test for that other thing too, so now I'm waiting to hear back on that, though I doubt it's that. Definitely some kinda virus though. Wah!

Anywho, needless to say, no workouts in the last few days for me. I'm taking a much needed time-out I guess, hah! But I'm cheering all you Watulans on from the sidelines over here.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-21, 07:49 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Watulan friends,

bee, I hope you don't think I was discounting how you feel. I have been torn about it as well, and really hesitated posting about my workouts. I can't compare the sadness I have about losing Big Orange to what Chele and Kate are going through, but it comforted me somehow to read everyone's posts, so I decided to keep posting in the hope that in some small way it does the same for them. We are all different, and I get it if you don't want to post for awhile.

Nathalie, now that you mention the "no circus balancing act" premix on Total Body Trisets LB, I think I recall it being brought up before. D'oh! I would have done that one in a heartbeat if I had remembered it existed.

manleym, welcome back! It sounds like you had a great time with family---and good for you to be right back to working out. Glad to hear the PHA no repeats Live was a good one. It looked really good to me and I plan to do it after I finish Week 4 of the March rotation.

FN1, I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well! You are smart to take a rest. Stress can really take a toll on us and make us more vulnerable to injury and illness. I always seemed to get sick towards the end of tax season after all the crazy hours and stress. Take care of yourself!

So, my body told me to rest on Sunday. My butt was really, really sore from TBTLB (yes, I'm too lazy to type the whole thing ) and I felt too fatigued to do the next workout in the rotation, Cardio Core Circuit---particularly when the workout after that is another toughie---Afterburn. And I believe it was the right decision, as I did the workout today and Sweet Mama that workout is HARD for me! When I did this one in the chronological rotation I did the cardio only premix, and at least the core segments broke it up a little. That said, the up and down moves in the core sections at the pace they did them was a no go for me. I could have done the moves at a slower pace, but instead just substituted another core exercise.

Healing thoughts, prayers and {{hugs}} to all who need them! So grateful for all of you.

Tags
watulan check-in