Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-29-21, 03:15 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Linda, great tip on the Spotify playlist! I know what you mean on some of those athletic drills Cathe sometimes uses -- I usually feel very "unathletic" at those points. Oh, and my workout this morning -- LITE Stacked Lower Body -- made me think of you because yes, it was orange and blue again. It was an ok workout. I thought about Chele also because she repeated rounds and I was so close to just skipping over the second times.... but I didn't. It wasn't that long of a workout anyway, but I was bummed about the repetition. Silly me.... I guess that's what she means by "Stacked". I remember enjoying the upper body, so maybe I don't mind repetition as much for upper body stuff.

Oh Kim, how fun to go to the movies!!! I've heard the theaters are still pretty empty. I want to see Cruela..... we just signed up for Disney again because my husband got a new phone and they gave us some hulu+Disney package. When I saw what our new cell bill is I thought "oooh, those are not 'free'".

The Ken Burns lecture was part of the San Jose Speaker Series -- his was the last lecture of this year, actually. Some good speakers -- all over zoom this year. Next year they are planning to do part of it zoom only and part of it live for people who feel comfortable going in person. I guess it's all "live". I think the zoom nature has made the speakers be much more casual in their preparation -- I'm hoping it's stepped up a bit next year. Some of the other speakers: Jane Goodall, Theresa May, Anderson Cooper, Wynton Marsallis. Ken Burns has done a prolific amount of work and they listed off what he has coming out this year and next and it just is incredible. All his stuff will always be on PBS, he says. He is not out to be rich and famous, but wants to tell stories in a way that's most accessible to the broader public. He talked about one called "The Address" that is all about a boys boarding school for learning challenged boys who every year have to recite the Gettysburg address. They filmed one year and the trailer looks really good to me so I'll be watching that sometime soon. Honestly I've had practically no time to watch anything lately -- I'm getting way behind in the important endeavor of watching all the TV.

We are headed to San Francisco soon to have dinner at our friend's house. So excited. I'm happy to not live there anymore but it's fun to visit!!
Old 05-29-21, 03:22 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh, I forgot to say..... yes, I have the same philosophy about hair..... it is just hair.... it will grow and change. In my younger years I cared, but these days I just don't. As I told my friend "this can't be as bad as when I gave myself the Wayne's World bangs haircut". Yes, it's true.... I did that to myself once when my kids were young and I could never get to a hair dresser. I don't know what I was thinking but I suspect the wine I'd had with dinner was doing some of the thinking for me. If I can handle that humiliation, this is nothing!!
Old 05-29-21, 04:24 PM  
Mickey12

Oh Bee you just make me laugh! That’s all I have to say about that.
Have a great time in San Francisco! In my younger years I always wanted to go there. I never made it but I don’t have the desire anymore.

Linda I don’t know if you did your Rock Bottoms finale workout yet, but I would recommend To the Max over Crossfire. My notes on the back say To the Max is so fun but so hard; no mountain climbers except in the bonus Tabata. For Crossfire I wrote, HARD, I like To the Max better. Let me know what you picked.

The movie theater was not busy at all. Still not many people attending. We didn’t feel crowded or unsafe but we’re all vaccinated and feel safe because of that. It was nice to be back.
Old 05-29-21, 05:23 PM  
fanofladyvols

Kim thanks...I will do To the Max!

bee Wayne's world bangs...haha you're funny.

Cathe posted the June rotation. I like it too! I may just do it...with modifications, of course.

https://cathe.com/forum/threads/june-2021.316528/

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-21, 02:26 PM  
fanofladyvols

Woot!! Finished Rock bottoms and did the whole To the Max workout. So proud of myself. Of course I had to modify. My weights never went above 5# and I never went above one riser with my platform. But I powered through the whole thing and had great energy all the way through.

My husband was also working out and walked back in after taking a break when I was jumping and said "How long is that workout?!" (I gasped "almost an hour") Him: "Screw that!" Haha It was the first great comedic moment for me. The second was when I was trying to put on the loop and almost tripped...Cathe out of the blue says, " How are you doing? You ok?" It was funny because I'm like.." Wow, it's like she's here! "

My hat's off to those of you doubling this workout up or doing with all those risers she does.

Happy Memorial Day!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-21, 06:47 PM  
Mickey12

Happy Sunday my Watulan friends!

Linda Woot Woot on finishing To The Max!! I'm very proud of you. So funny that Cathe seemed to know when you would be struggling and asked how you were doing.

Today I did a yoga practice on Inner Dimension. From the Yoga Detox 30 set I did Lauren's Potential practice. I didn't really enjoy it. I'm trying to figure out why I don't enjoy Lauren's practices. I think it might be because she seems to focus a lot on the core (which I hate) and maybe because I'm not very flexible and she seems to gravitate to poses that require more flexibility. Or it just might be because she tends to do poses that Travis doesn't do and I'm very, very much a creature of habit. I like what I know and I don't often care to venture from that. So, I still can't put my finger on it, but it was just an ok practice. When I finish a practice that Travis does, I feel so much better when I'm done. When I finish a practice that Lauren does, I just feel glad it's over.

Nathalie I thought about you yesterday. When my husband and I were on our way home from the movies, we passed about 5 or 6 brand-new looking school buses. They were traveling North on a highway and we wondered where they were going. As we got closer, we noticed they were all empty of people and the lettering on them was in French and they had Quebec license plates. So, I don't if they were manufactured in the United States and were on their way to Canada for delivery, or what. But it was something sort of unusual and it made me think of you.

Other than doing some yoga, my day today was pretty lazy. It's gloomy and cold and rainy where I live, so I had no desire at all to do anything. I made a pot of soup and that's it. I hope you all enjoy the Memorial Day weekend.
Old 05-31-21, 06:22 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Lavna, good to hear from you again. Bummer on not having access to your computer. I also hate typing on the ipad and forget about trying to type on the phone. UGG!! I saw it was Victoria Day in Canada on Monday. Did you have the day off from work? Did you celebrate it in any way?
Victoria Day is a holiday in Canada. This year, it was a busy day as I went to shop for plants and then did an intensive Yard Max! Overall, it was a busy weekend as I went shopping in Saturday and put a second coat on my shed. But, many chores got done which means I can rest later!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-21, 06:27 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Hello all!

Nathalie, good to "see" you! Hope your new job is going well and you are settling in.
The new job is still a challenge as there's so much still to learn! Roles and responsabilities are not always clear as the department is in the process of structuring itself. But my coworkers are very nice and helpful and understanding of the fact that I'm still learning.
Old 05-31-21, 06:30 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12;2927406

[B
Nathalie[/B] I thought about you yesterday. When my husband and I were on our way home from the movies, we passed about 5 or 6 brand-new looking school buses. They were traveling North on a highway and we wondered where they were going. As we got closer, we noticed they were all empty of people and the lettering on them was in French and they had Quebec license plates. So, I don't if they were manufactured in the United States and were on their way to Canada for delivery, or what. But it was something sort of unusual and it made me think of you.
You're probably right! I didn't know that they could already have their Québec license plates on before entering Canada for the first time. I would have thought they had a temporary licence while in transit!
Old 05-31-21, 10:13 AM  
manleym

FOLV I looked for Caroline's Top 20 playlist on Spotify but couldn't find it. I found her Epic and Heat playlists. Which playlist are you referring to? I'm not sure what to search.

Bee Wayne's World bangs - HILARIOUS!! You were lookin' goood!!

Back later friends!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in