Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-16-21, 04:40 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Cardio ran out of stock very early and seems to have quite a bit of thwarted demand. I wonder if they could be convinced it would be profitable to release a special edition for a higher price?

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-21, 04:49 PM  
TinaT

karen Jo ~ That's what I'm talking about. Special editions of certain titles for a higher price and limited amounts and time. Maybe even a pre-order special so FitFavs knows they have a minimum order to place with the money to back it. Those who take advantage of the preorder knows they have a copy reserved for them. And the other copies are up for grabs.. first come, first serve.

ETA: So, this begs to ask,... what would be a reasonable price? I would personally pay between $20-$30 for a singel copy of a desired title.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-21, 05:08 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I was as real Firmie back in the day. I changed to a more systematic way of weight training, but have to admit, I miss the Firm sometimes. I should probably go back and do what I have before thinking of acquiring some more.

I watched 20 questions about fitness a few weeks ago. Anna was so ahead of her time in encouraging ordinary women to pick up some weights in the early 90s.

I would welcome a chance to purchase some of the ones I don't have.
Old 08-16-21, 07:12 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i would even settle for a download to own. There's a few FitPrimes that i would like - UB Burn with Keli and CrunchTime with Susan.

i have all of the Firms i need on DVD. i was really lucky recently - a bulk listing on Ebay brought "unicorn" Lower Body Sculpting to my collection.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-21, 07:44 PM  
TinaT

jeannine ~ I'm not gonna lie.. I'm a bit jealous of your find. LOL but I'm happy for you. I would settle for download as well. Maybe that would be more appealing to FitFavs to consider. You might be onto something.
Old 08-16-21, 08:21 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
jeannine ~ I'm not gonna lie.. I'm a bit jealous of your find. LOL but I'm happy for you. I would settle for download as well. Maybe that would be more appealing to FitFavs to consider. You might be onto something.
thank you - despite being so lucky, when i watched it, for whatever reason, FF didn't remaster it. it was somewhat blurry compared to the other FF re-issues on DVD. this was a legit DVD too - it was sealed and i also got several other FF Firms on DVD that were also sealed in this listing. i'm still keeping it and using AND keeping my VHS version!

if you set up a "saved search" in ebay, you might get lucky - they email you when a new listing meets your search criteria.

this leads me to a related experience. i got lucky in finding a sealed Step Reebok The Video on DVD. the video (and not the audio) speeds up periodically throughout the video. i don't know which company did the replication, but i'm guessing it had something to do with that. i have to test this on another player to make sure that's the problem. even at that, i'm still keeping it and using it. these tiny speed-ups are so minute but annoying. i have a few other Step Reebok titles on DVD but i don't think had this problem.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-21, 08:42 PM  
TinaT

Quote:
if you set up a "saved search" in ebay, you might get lucky - they email you when a new listing meets your search criteria.
Thanks for the great idea! As much as I've been on Ebay, I've never thought about this.
Old 08-16-21, 08:56 PM  
bubbles76

The Firms I don't have, but would love to have, in all their chaptered remastered glory:
  • Sculpted Buns, Hips, and Thighs
  • The Firm Parts Lower Body Sculpting
  • Maximum Body Shaping/Sculpting
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-21, 09:26 AM  
angie_nrs

Awhile ago I found a nice big bankers box full of Firm VHS workouts on Ebay for something like $40. It contained all of the originals plus Tortoise, Hare, and a bunch of others. I don't mind the VHS videos at all b/c I have several VHS/DVD combo players....and I use one every day. Other than not having any premix choices, it doesn't matter at all to me whether I do a DVD or VHS.

By far, my most used Firm video is Firm Parts More 5-day ABs. I constantly use this for a quick 5-6 minute Ab add on. It's perfect for that! It's only a few minutes and scorches the abs without being too difficult like some of Cathe's Ab workokuts. With 5 different workouts on this tape, I just go from w/o 1 thru w/o 5 on the tape and then rewind when I've gotten thru them all, so it's always ready to go. Anytime I feel like I've neglected Abs, I add this one on b/c it's only 5 minutes and there is no dread.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to go thru the whole box and try every single one of them. I also picked up some other Firms elsewhere, so I have a pretty good collection of them. I really need to try some more when I get off my current JMBR rotation. Too many workouts, so little time.

It seems like everything old is new again. With so many people having had good results with the Firm, I wouldn't be surprised if these workouts were repackaged and reintroduced. I don't know if they would appeal to the younger generation, but it would be interesting to see.
Old 08-17-21, 04:42 PM  
TinaT

I really do thing dvds will make a comeback. Just like books are. My daughter owns a used book store and the trend is saying people are wanting the physical book more than having it on some kind of tablet. She networks with other used bookstores nation wide and the demand is up.

I think folks like the convience of technology, but at some point what you want to view, read, listen to, may not be available to you. Hince, if you have the physical copy, you don't have to worry about reaching for it when you want.

Let's hope this is true for workout dvds.

Tags
the firm