Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-14, 07:23 AM  
spotted zebra

Question Bellicon Cords and Strengths - Who likes more bounce?

I realize some VF Bellicon owners might prefer stronger cords and firmer mats to accommodate athletic workouts. But does anyone like using Strong or Medium cords for more bounce for freestyle jumping?

I've been using Extra-Strong cords and lately find myself wishing I hadn't returned my Strong cords! (which I only tried briefly for a day or two). As time goes by I'm using the Bellicon for more freestyle jumping than I thought I would. The newer Extra-Strong cords don't give a bounce with as much depth. For running and regular workouts Extra-Strong cords are perfect and I don't regret having them.

I'm considering re-ordering a set of Strong cords to get that additional bounce and lymph movement, and to have the benefit of different strengths for different uses. Am I alone in wanting a deeper bounce?

-------------

ETA: Old thread alert. Since starting this thread 2 1/2 years ago I've gotten the most use out of X-strong cords for the types of workouts I do the most often.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-14, 08:48 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

May sound like a dumb question, but don't you get the lymph movement regardless of the bounce?
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-14, 08:58 AM  
olala

Are you selling those?
I have strong cords and I would like a firmer bounce. I had medium cords before and hated it.
I was strongly advised by Bellicon rep DO NOT get x-strong cords, but I still think my bounce is too deep.
olala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-14, 09:18 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
May sound like a dumb question, but don't you get the lymph movement regardless of the bounce?
I guess I'm thinking more in terms of a deeper bounce. I didn't word that very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olala View Post
Are you selling those?
I have strong cords and I would like a firmer bounce. I had medium cords before and hated it.
I was strongly advised by Bellicon rep DO NOT get x-strong cords, but I still think my bounce is too deep.
Not selling as I still want to be able to jog on the rebounder too, so I'm planning on changing the cords now and then if I have two sets. Do you have the older (stretchier) cords or newer ones? I think medium would be too bouncy for me.

Just before I ordered my rebounder I spoke to a Bellicon rep trying to decide between Extra Strong and Ultra - in those days I was only thinking in terms of being able to run on the rebounder. She advised me not to go for Ultra but didn't advise against Extra-Strong. This was just last summer, after they'd strengthened their cords. Nowadays Extra-Strong cords really are extra strong.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-14, 09:21 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

My only regret is NOT buying a pair with a different resistance when I originally ordered mine. I do think it's money well spent, and it is so easy to switch out. Go for it.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-17, 03:39 PM  
Nessa

I just posted about this. I'm so confused about what to do! I've never had a bungee rebounder before.

“I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)”
Nessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-17, 03:46 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I have the strong cords, and love them! I don't think I would want anything stronger, though.
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-17, 04:04 PM  
Jags

When I ordered my 49" rebounder I ordered the Ultra strength bungees. I didn't consult with Bellicon Customer Service, but went by posts made on here.

The bounce was too hard for me....even for athletic bouncing.

I recently ordered both an X-strong set and a Strong set, and tried them back-to-back. X-strong was still too strong. I loved the Strong set, and sent back the X-strong.

I have a set of Ultra (used 4x - gently) available, in blue. PM me if anyone is interested.

Moral of story: listen to Bellicon Customer Service.
Jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-17, 04:09 PM  
Nessa

I weigh 125 lbs...... Are you about my size? This makes me wonder because I did read that they are now making the cords stronger than in years past. Thank you for your reply!

“I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)”
Nessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-17, 04:21 PM  
Jags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
I weigh 125 lbs...... Are you about my size? This makes me wonder because I did read that they are now making the cords stronger than in years past. Thank you for your reply!
Yes. They are making the cords stronger. X-strong is the strength the Ultra used to be 3 or 4 years ago. (I'm not certain when they made the switch....)

Yes. I am about your size. I'm 5'4", have a small frame (based on wrist size), and weigh the same as you.

The Strong chords feel good. To me, the Ultra was jarring and the X-strong was a bit less jarring. They do stretch out, but even with that factored in I wasn't using the rebounder at all with the Ultras, and now I use it all the time.

Jags is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bellicon, bellicon cords