Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-14-20, 09:41 PM  
Salamander

Leslie Sansone/ Walk at Home questions

I recently signed up for the annual subscription to Walk at Home and it's okay (gets tedious, but helps me get my steps in throughout the day while working from home). My bored mind wanders while doing the "basic 4 steps" for 1-4 miles at a time, and I'm curious about a few things, but can't find any information. (Also I don't have any of the DVDs, only use the app and what's on You Tube):

1. Is there a Leslie Sansone health club, or is the studio just a filming stage?

2. Who are the people with her in the workouts? Meaning, are they employees/ do they get paid to be in the videos? A few, like Nick and Rocky, are "walk leaders"... what does that job entail? Do they lead their own classes at other studios? I know they lead some of the shorter walks on the app/You Tube, but other than that what does a walk leader do? I don't see them on social media. Then, there are others who haven't been identified as leaders, but in many workouts, like Michael and Wendy. Are they compensated or get free walks to be in the workouts? With some workouts having 10+ extras that could get costly.

3. Where's Leslie???? She's not active on the FB page, and there are questions about where she is/is she ok and going to be in workouts anymore. Just seems odd, as most fitness personalities engage with their customers. Even the old timers (pre-internet) like Denise Austin.

Enquiring minds want to know..... (or just my mind)!
Salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-20, 08:31 AM  
Gams

I don’t know if Leslie still has her own studio- she used to, but I don’t know about now.

I don’t know how how the background exerciser thing works. A lot of these people are background exercisers for other instructors as well and some appear to be friends. There used to be a place on Leslie’s website telling you how you can become a walk leader. I figured her current Walk Leaders are leaders of her current online walks and her Walk 15 set.

As far as I know, Leslie has never communicated with her customers. I tried several times to find out if she would be doing an outdoor walk, but never got a response. I don’t think she’s made any public statement, but it looks like she might be phasing out leading walks. In her newer Walk 15 set, she leads 7 of the 15 walks.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-20, 02:11 PM  
kat999

She used to have a studio in New Castle, PA. I can't find evidence that it still exists. Mysterious!
Old 12-15-20, 08:52 PM  
Salamander

It's all very mysterious, at least in these times, where you find out a lot by Googling! It's like she's in hiding or something. Hopefully she's ok and just transitioning into working less.
Salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-20, 09:46 PM  
Gams

I think a lot of instructors of her era have stopped making workouts - Petra Kolber, Tamilee Webb, Debra Mazda, Kathy Smith and even Denise Austin has been pretty quiet, although if I get one more email about her protein bites, I’m going to scream. The thing is that no one seems to be picking up where they left off. The few new instructors I’ve tried and liked have only made a couple workouts. I guess no one wants to make DVDs anymore.

I still think Leslie should do an outdoor walk with the old gang - Mary Kay, Linda, Jo, etc. it would be a big seller.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-20, 03:45 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
It's all very mysterious, at least in these times, where you find out a lot by Googling! It's like she's in hiding or something. Hopefully she's ok and just transitioning into working less.
It's possible that with the pandemic, she's considering a level of retirement, making post-pandemic release plans, or just working on the other elements of her business. She's the walk leader, of course, but it's also her "empire," and that involves streaming, DVDs, social media, marketing, etc. Even though she doesn't participate in some of the public facing business stuff with customers, she certainly hires and supervises the people who do. COVID may have also had an impact on her family or something, so perhaps she's taking some time off.

She's 59, so not "retirement" age per se, but I'm sure she's made her money and is set for life if she wants to be!

Last edited by kat999; 12-16-20 at 03:45 PM. Reason: clarification
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-20, 03:56 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I tried to just buy a digital download of the new(er) Nick and Rocky Walk Run Lift (wonky neon outfits one) but that option is gone now; it's subscribe only now, no more digital downloads of older workouts or new workouts. Quite a bummer!

I don't think the subscription is worth it for me right now, considering the newest Steel City workouts are on youtube and they are really short. I prefer the longer 3 mile + workouts, so I've been stocking up when I see them on ebay or Amazon.
Lori_Michigan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bat cave, leslie sansone, walk at home, walk at home streaming