Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-01-21, 07:30 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Pilates Cross-Trainers OCTOBER 2021

Friday's workout was

Trifecta Pilates - Morning Pilates Flow

A pleasant gentle flow to get you moving. I did it after work, but I needed a little something to get me going by that time.

Donna - I noticed Pahla was only releasing 5 workouts this month. I know she has been traveling so maybe that's why. I think I liked it better when she released a new one each week rather than all of them at once.

We've had rain today. Very nice!

Waves ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-21, 07:47 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol Thanks for starting us off. Yay for rain! Trifecta appears to have good content. I subbed to support her but wouldn't consider joining when there is so much free content out in YouTube land.

Yesterday did Sandry's 30 Days to Flat Abs Pilates 2 and core strengthener. Today was MH60 Insane Isometrics and EBE1 Single leg burnout and then the MH60 cooldown. This MH60 I won't pick again but wowee the EBE1 workout was a great but tough workout!

Enjoy your Friday everyone !!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-21, 07:49 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone, I’m still here!

Thanks for starting us off Carol! I love October. It’s Canadian Thanksgiving next week & my eldest DS & I both have birthdays on the same day later in the month.

It’s been an eventful week. My sister & BIL, who live near us, were up in the Yukon visiting their son. My poor BIL, who is 75, had a fall off of his bike last week & broke his hip. He had surgery 10 days ago. They flew out of Victoria, 2 hours away, to get a non stop flight. So their car was in Victoria. They flew back on Tuesday & my sister, who’s a very nervous driver, was in a panic about the 2 hour drive home. So DH & I drove to the city on Monday, had a visit with DS1 & crew, & drove them home Tuesday. I talked to him this morning and he’s doing okay.

I can’t remember when I last checked in, but here are my last few days, some productive, some not. No Pilates so I must get back at it!

Monday:
~Essentrics: TV: Ellyn’s live all standing

Tuesday:
~PT exercises

Wednesday:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~10 min rebounding, 10 min gliding, & 15 min rowing
~PT exercises
~Barre3: 30 min
~MELT: Head to Toe Unwind

Thursday:
~Taught Essentrics
~Jenny Ford MAA: Ohio
~PT exercises
~MELT hip & thigh focus
~Yin yoga class on zoom, turned on my studio electric fireplace for the first time since spring.

Today, a rest day of sorts:
~PT exercises before my PT appointment for another IMS treatment. Now I’m resting & applying heat intermittently.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-21, 07:57 PM  
fanofladyvols

Pam I'm sorry if you said this before, but what is an IMS treatment?

Everyone
I wanted to highlight a pilates channel that buffmama mentioned in the YouTube finds. It looks good but she doesn't have music so you'd have to add your own if that bothers you. (I prefer to have my own anyway.)

Flow with Mira https://youtube.com/channel/UCxrJB59UeLWn_OHUfSkOpLA

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-21, 11:47 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Happy October! I love fall!

Jessica's Cardio Core Walk; 60 min step while catching up on Survivor

I'm not convinced my elbows love all the extra attention they have been receiving, but the arm massages they give me at PT feel good, at least in the moment. This healing process is taking forever.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-21, 07:08 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Carol Thanks for starting us off. Yay for rain! Trifecta appears to have good content. I subbed to support her but wouldn't consider joining when there is so much free content out in YouTube land.

You are exactly right - there is a ton of free content out there. In fact, Beth's free stuff led me to decide to pay for her streaming. The things that have made me glad I did it include
  • a 4 week Beginner calendar
  • a 4 week Level 1 calendar
  • regular mixed level monthly calendars
  • lots of Beginner Level classes
  • classes labeled Beginner, Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
  • video breakdowns of moves with progressions
  • the fact that Beth admits pilates is hard and that it may be a long time before you see a lot of progress

What I needed more than anything is a systematic way to approach what I was doing, instead of randomly picking videos and hoping that they were appropriate for me. So many pilates videos marked "beginner" are anything but. Beth's Beginner calendar, along with videos that marked by Level, allows me to do that.

Carol
Old 10-02-21, 07:10 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Hello everyone, I’m still here!

Thanks for starting us off Carol! I love October. It’s Canadian Thanksgiving next week & my eldest DS & I both have birthdays on the same day later in the month.

It’s been an eventful week. My sister & BIL, who live near us, were up in the Yukon visiting their son. My poor BIL, who is 75, had a fall off of his bike last week & broke his hip. He had surgery 10 days ago. They flew out of Victoria, 2 hours away, to get a non stop flight. So their car was in Victoria. They flew back on Tuesday & my sister, who’s a very nervous driver, was in a panic about the 2 hour drive home. So DH & I drove to the city on Monday, had a visit with DS1 & crew, & drove them home Tuesday. I talked to him this morning and he’s doing okay.

My birthday is this month as well! Your poor BIL! I'm glad he's doing okay and at home now. Darn those brittle bones!

Carol
Old 10-02-21, 07:12 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Pam I'm sorry if you said this before, but what is an IMS treatment?

Everyone
I wanted to highlight a pilates channel that buffmama mentioned in the YouTube finds. It looks good but she doesn't have music so you'd have to add your own if that bothers you. (I prefer to have my own anyway.)

Flow with Mira https://youtube.com/channel/UCxrJB59UeLWn_OHUfSkOpLA
I like her channel. It's fairly new, as I believe she started it once they were locked down for CoVid. I've done a few of her videos; no music for a pilates video does not bother me at all.

Carol
Old 10-02-21, 07:13 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda in WA View Post
Happy October! I love fall!

Jessica's Cardio Core Walk; 60 min step while catching up on Survivor

I'm not convinced my elbows love all the extra attention they have been receiving, but the arm massages they give me at PT feel good, at least in the moment. This healing process is taking forever.
I know. The time I hurt my elbow it took forever to heal.

Carol
Old 10-02-21, 09:10 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Thanks for starting us off in October, Carol!

This morning I woke up at 4am bright-eyed and rested and after a nice mug of coffee I did:

JS Tone Your Trouble Zones DVD Flat Abs Walk - 30min.
ePilates Magic Garden Pilates w/hand weights - 26min.
JV Renew & Restore - 17min.
JV Pilates for Your Neck - 10min.

Linda, thanks for mentioning Flow with Mira. I did couple of her videos and I like her. Her instruction and form is impeccable.

Pam, you really had a busy last week. I wish your BiL speedy recovery. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Carol, I hear you about a more systematic approach to workouts and that's why l like sites that provide calendars.....but then I don't follow them. Sounds good in theory but in practice, I need variety.

Waves to Donna and Brenda!