Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-25-21, 08:36 AM  
gigi

Cathe's Big Yoga Mat

Does anyone have this? If so, do you like it? I"m thinking of purchasing because when I stretch, I would love to have my body not touch the floor. The problem is I have a smallish workout area and cannot leave it out. I do cardio out in my main living because I have plenty of room but I could not leave it out there. In the extra bedroom (that has a bed), I do weight workouts, so I could not leave it out in there. It would probably be hard to continually drag out and roll up, yes?
Old 11-25-21, 08:41 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Does anyone have this? If so, do you like it? I"m thinking of purchasing because when I stretch, I would love to have my body not touch the floor. The problem is I have a smallish workout area and cannot leave it out. I do cardio out in my main living because I have plenty of room but I could not leave it out there. In the extra bedroom (that has a bed), I do weight workouts, so I could not leave it out in there. It would probably be hard to continually drag out and roll up, yes?
I have a big circular Mandala mat and it would be a pain to have to drag out and roll up every time I use it.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 09:12 AM  
Messe

I have Cathe's round yoga mat. I work out in my living room, and I roll the mat out when I want to use it and then roll it back up. It's not a big deal to move it here, there, and everywhere.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 09:47 AM  
difit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
I have Cathe's round yoga mat. I work out in my living room, and I roll the mat out when I want to use it and then roll it back up. It's not a big deal to move it here, there, and everywhere.
Same here
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 10:14 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I must be lazy!

Are these 6 ft mats? I guess I just don't have anywhere to store mine.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 10:23 AM  
red1013

I roll mine up and lay it across my weight bench when I'm not using it.
Old 11-25-21, 06:54 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
I have it I love it, too. I roll it up and put away with my other mats.

I guess I am so used to putting stuff away so it doesn't bother me.

I think if you're used to putting things away in your exercise set up then it won't bother you.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 07:20 PM  
cyana

I have a round Mandala mat. I'm fortunate that I practice in my bedroom and just roll the mat up and shove it under the bed when I'm finished.

I think it doesn't seem like a big deal to me, as I schlepped heavy Manduka and Jade yoga mats to classes (10 pounds - and I walked to class) for years.

It is nice to not be hanging off on the floor, especially in the winter. I layer the Mandala and my big Jade mat for yin and restorative yoga.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-21, 10:51 PM  
MJ051279
VF Supporter

My daughter just brought me one for Christmas. It arrived the other day and I am in LOVE! It’s very thick and high quality. A few years back I purchased a Mandala round mat and you can tell the difference immediately. With the 25% off for Black Friday Cathe’s mat is certainly worth the money.

I love being a Nana
MJ051279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-21, 11:06 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ051279 View Post
My daughter just brought me one for Christmas. It arrived the other day and I am in LOVE! It’s very thick and high quality. A few years back I purchased a Mandala round mat and you can tell the difference immediately. With the 25% off for Black Friday Cathe’s mat is certainly worth the money.
I agree with you! I've purchased many Mandala mats over the years and they were my go-to, but Cathe's is thicker, and I'm so glad it's an option now that Mandala is no longer in business. I am purchasing another Cathe mat during her sale

Tags
cathe equipment, round yoga mat, yoga mat